The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Basically can't play the game anymore

Dustbin
Dustbin Member Posts: 6
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

My queue times are now regularly at 15-30 mins per game as killer on EU at any time of the day... I have to queue for up to 8-10 times the length of a game just to play once. That is a ridiculous time investment, and makes playing the game a lot of times pointless because I'll get to play 1-3 games in an entire hour-

It has only gotten worse the more I've played, because there is almost no way not to rank up as killer. I am not a great player, I regularly get 0k or 2k games more than I get 4ks, yet every game I either pip or stabilize, it's ridiculous. I'm sitting at rank 1 because the only way for me to not end up in red ranks is to afk... I'm not even good, I don't 4k the majority of games, why am I ranking up so fast? It just feels like a progress bar rather than a ranking, it just goes up as you play, not depending on how well you play.

I also can't even de-rank successfully unless I want to commit 6+ hours of queuing for matches to afk/DC in them because of how long it takes to find games...

I'd be more than happy to go back to any of the far worse states the game has been in if it meant I could actually play

Comments

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    The rank system is ridiculous. I've tried DEPIPPING myself and still double pipped.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Strange. It isn't too bad for me (EU). Lobbys used to be instant, now they will either be instant or take a minute or two tops. Far better than it was last week where it became excessive due to the new dlc launch.
  • antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    edited December 2018
    Try playing as survivor. You can get 20 games nearly in an hour. I had longer loading screens than some of my games. Get in, first to be seen, get hooked then face camped and die slowly on the hook. Or someone tries to save you, even die faster. 
  • Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

Oh man. Honestly this is why I play survivor a lot more than killer. My highest rank for killer was 8 and after that I didn't wanna play anymore cuz I didn't wanna wait for so long.

It could be an issue with the new update tbh but idk.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    It may be due to connection. I’d know, I live in an area without fibre and without any good providers. It can take longer for worse connections but some killers have godlike connections that you can connect to instantaneously. But good things come to those that wait, and I’d severely discourage any intentional depipping. If you’re a decent survivor you will know how hard it is to naturally depip, so you might have more luck in finding a match the higher you get.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Beeing rank already is quite hardcore cuz survivors double pip much less than killers. My Tipp: stay afk and DC a little bit to rank down, play survivor (yes I know, boring) with WGLF to farm some BPs for ur killers meanwhile so u benefit at least a bit from this situation 
  • HomerDoh
    HomerDoh Member Posts: 7
    Queue times are so long now, becouse killer is more fun to play, survivor is more like loading bar simulator. I was always playing bout sides but now I force to play survivor and is not fun for me. I really prefer time when killer was more exclusive to play.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    The rank system is ridiculous. I've tried DEPIPPING myself and still double pipped.

The only way to depip is to afk in a corner of the map and look straight up, so you don't get random chase triggers. I guess disconnecting works too but that'll eventually end in a ban so..

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Beeing rank already is quite hardcore cuz survivors double pip much less than killers. My Tipp: stay afk and DC a little bit to rank down, play survivor (yes I know, boring) with WGLF to farm some BPs for ur killers meanwhile so u benefit at least a bit from this situation 
    This. The pips are really unbalanced. It takes ages to rank up as survivor, even when I play well the situation only offers me 1 pip at best.

As killer after reset its 2 pips every game almost.
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

They tried making it harder to pip but everyone spazzed. In a proper ranking system a player of average skill would reach rank 10 with a standard bell curve.

This community feels entitled to be rank 1 and if they aren't its the systems fault.

The current system gives players their participatation trophy.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

I dont mind the rank, I dont mind the wait time, but if the wait time is about 50 minutes as a rank 7, thats when I suffer

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Yes its a joke, I recommend going afk with freddy

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Might_Oakk said:
    They tried making it harder to pip but everyone spazzed. In a proper ranking system a player of average skill would reach rank 10 with a standard bell curve.

This community feels entitled to be rank 1 and if they aren't its the systems fault.

The current system gives players their participatation trophy.

Its the devs fault catreing to the entitled players..... just as usual

• Yeah I’m going to load up into a lot of games today on Xbox and quit out to get my rank down so I can actually play during this event. Get to 20 and then slaughter my way back.
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Dustbin said:

My queue times are now regularly at 15-30 mins per game as killer on EU at any time of the day... I have to queue for up to 8-10 times the length of a game just to play once. That is a ridiculous time investment, and makes playing the game a lot of times pointless because I'll get to play 1-3 games in an entire hour-

It has only gotten worse the more I've played, because there is almost no way not to rank up as killer. I am not a great player, I regularly get 0k or 2k games more than I get 4ks, yet every game I either pip or stabilize, it's ridiculous. I'm sitting at rank 1 because the only way for me to not end up in red ranks is to afk... I'm not even good, I don't 4k the majority of games, why am I ranking up so fast? It just feels like a progress bar rather than a ranking, it just goes up as you play, not depending on how well you play.

I also can't even de-rank successfully unless I want to commit 6+ hours of queuing for matches to afk/DC in them because of how long it takes to find games...

I'd be more than happy to go back to any of the far worse states the game has been in if it meant I could actually play

Are you PS4 cause that normal. 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@The_Crusader said:

This. The pips are really unbalanced. It takes ages to rank up as survivor, even when I play well the situation only offers me 1 pip at best.

As killer after reset its 2 pips every game almost.

They can't change it though.

As a killer, it is in your hands to pip. As a survivor, you can come across with farmer teammates, useless teammates, campers, tunnelers, unskilled killers etc. All of them affect your pipping and at best you will black pip.

It is fundamentally flawed.

• 15 quits or so and I’m at rank 12. Not going to take near as long as I thought.
  • Damn I forgot I can’t go lower than 15. 

Still, even just at 15, getting games way way faster.
  • Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

Yup takes long to get games on EU Rank 1. A month ago lobbys were pretty much instant. They must have screwed up something earlier today 23k people were online still took ages to get someone in my lobby.