We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Last Year Revival

Options
A_Can_Of_Air
A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,988
edited May 2023 in Off-topic

So Last Year has come back to Steam. I gave it a go since I didn’t really get to try it last time. It currently has around 1000 players active, which is great.

I…don’t think it’s for me, though. Survivors come in packs of 5. If you don’t have game smarts, it’s easy for them to group up, stick together and destroy you. They can kill you rather easily.

This game definitely has a learning curve, and it seems like it will be rewarding for those that play well, but I can’t see myself getting in to it.

coming from maining Killer in DbD to trying to play Fiend in LY, it’s very jarring and almost off-putting. It was like this when trying VHS also. It’s possible that this is the reason these games don’t work out, when the early accessibility of the game for new players is hampered by the 1 being easily smashed by the 4/5. There is no proper matchmaking and the survivors have more tools than they do in DBD. The games take these facts into account, but from a new players perspective, it’s not pleasant.

DbD is very accessible to new players due to how straightforward the game is, and how easy it is to learn. It’s much harder to really get into these other games when DBD is so accessible and easy to return to. It’s a shame because I dig the vibe of LY, but as a Killer main primarily, it doesn’t feel as nice to pick up and learn/play. Probably great for the survivor players though, especially with teammates.

Also pretty sure I heard a Survivor ######### talking over their mic as they killed me so….that was also a big off putting thing for me personally.