Tombs Should Be Immune To Traps

Options
Chordyceps
Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,689

I think it would be a healthy change to the game to make it so that tombs cannot be destroyed by traps. Tombs can be a good way to lure players into traps, but it shouldn't go so far as to rob them of those resources if the trap that kills them also destroys the tomb. That's essentially just kicking a player while they're down, which doesn't create a positive gameplay experience for anyone.

I think tombs being immune to traps would be good for everyone involved. Raiders would get some resources, and builders could get more kills from people returning to the tomb.

Comments

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685
    Options
    • I think it would be a healthy change to the game to make it so that tombs cannot be destroyed by traps. Tombs can be a good way to lure players into traps, but it shouldn't go so far as to rob them of those resources if the trap that kills them also destroys the tomb. That's essentially just kicking a player while they're down, which doesn't create a positive gameplay experience for anyone.

i have quite the positive gameplay experience by trapping a tomb in a way that it breaks and kills the raider.

this notion that raiders are entitled to loot and that they should be allowed to just fumble around aimlessly and die and still get rewarded is astonishing. if you don't have the presience to clear the tomb before going for it, you don't deserve the loot. oh no you lost one tomb because you didn't clear it, maybe you should be a tad more careful next time?

are you also the kind of person who doesn't like when builders put acid under the tomb? even though the game has a shield that allows you to recover it?

we're given options to avoid those deaths, like phoenix pod respawns so you don't lose your loot.

making tombs immune to traps will continue this trend of encouraging lazy gameplay and entitlement. it needs to stop. people need to take pride in what they do. if you care so much about the loot, take the time to get it safely.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,689
    Options

Well, there's not exactly a next time for the tombs if they get destroyed by the traps.

And quite frankly I don't think the mindset of being "entitled to loot" applies here. The raiders are trying to earn the loot of a trapped tomb in this scenario. If they manage to figure out how to deal with the traps, even if it takes a few deaths, it makes sense that they would be rewarded for it. And a death doesnt mean they were lazy, it just means the traps killed them. It could have killed them for any number of reasons. Additionally, them getting the loot from the tomb doesn't take anything away from the builder so I'm not sure why you're so vehemently opposed to the idea. Matter of facts more deaths to tomb traps actually benefits the builder in this scenario.

• MadMoeZel
    Options

if they triggered a trap, that they could not evade, kill before it activated, or have some form of defensive to handle or a phoenix pod, thats 4 opportunites to not die and get the loot. all 4 failed. the tombs are bonus loot. something you get for going above and beyond, does dying at the bonus loot sound like above and beyond to you?

• MadMoeZel
    Options

this is a half-joke

this entire concept just feels like someone tripped over their own feet while barefoot, but decided to ban shoelaces because they're the problem.