Hawkins Lab. Leave it alone or update it?

TheSingularity
TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,299
edited December 2023 in Polls

Ever since this map originally released it has always been one of my favorites by far. During the time it had been removed a lot of changes have happened with the game.

Which begs the question, should the map be left as is or should it be modified to fit in today's more modern DBD?

Hawkins Lab. Leave it alone or update it? 38 votes

Leave it alone. I like the original.
21%
HerInfernalMajestyGeneralVglitchboiNathan13Marc_123Skitten56jonifireSnowball777 8 votes
Keep as is with a few minor tweaks or QoL changes.
36%
XyvieliaNAERUUUScary_Punk_GhostGuiltiiAlex_sizzlingmario4FilthyLegionRevivalAviastrasRareFantom47CorvusCorax86TheSingularityAstelCountMoneyboneares_theos7 14 votes
Needs a complete overhaul just like RPD.
42%
Science_GuyGibberishkinEmealaeonskulTatariuChikyduyguArchol123halcyondays93MechWarrior3DepressedlegionTheGriffinDoreBasementKingBafugabooTommyDorkelson 16 votes

Comments

• Keep as is with a few minor tweaks or QoL changes.

I feel like more doorways would do good for both sides. I've seen spots where you could get boxed in and it can be a pain to get across the map as m1. Traversal paths would make this map very good on both sides, I think.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,329

Let it be, for the most part… and I emphasize MINOR QoL tweakage

What we need is possibly a Hawkins part 2 realm, or more preferably, imo, give us a proper Starcourt Mall replica to love forevers❣️🥹

• RareFantom47
    RareFantom47 Member Posts: 87

Loops are insane from a New Killer perspective, I've been a part of the game for about 2 years now but I'm referring to "New to the Map". It feels like there are plenty of unloopable tiles and I don't like it when I run into a room with a generator on the other side of the wall only to find myself in a dead end.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,591
    Leave it alone. I like the original.

Hawkins is a good map, I see no reason to touch it.

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 494

This map is kinda good ...

I mean, yeah, a little killer sided on my mind but ... that's okay compared to other maps ...

But ... but ... but ...

Maybe changes few rooms like the escalator one (no spoil, go watch Stranger Things), there is an boil over stuff here forced the killer to slug ...

But ... it's kinda good ... sorry if you play hillbilly on this map btw

• ares_theos7
    ares_theos7 Member Posts: 20

I think it should only be a major overhaul if they do a chapter 2, but since that's unlikely I'd like to see a few new tiles and window changes.