Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Please don't rework the Nightmare.

I know he's difficult to use and I find the chase rather enjoyable, as it is by far the best part of a horror movie. It feels rather tense scrambling around and teleporting, then being felled by the Survivour at the last second. This is, what I presume horror antagonists feel and I would like to feel this feeling, hence why I am playing as the Nightmare.

The only mild issue is the lack of costumes, I'd enjoy a Classic skin styled after the earlier movies, or a later one from New Nightmare or Freddy's Dead. I understand face rights are hard to come by.

I have also recently been ruminating on the idea of a Patchwork skin, taken from interpretations of The Nightmare in other media. For example, one glove could look like the one seen in Bride of Chucky in the evidence room, the othe could look like the glove that pops out of the ground in Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday. Honestly, the hat, and maybe even some of the bright jumper that he wears could also be taken from Final Friday too. This could result in an interesting design that looks like the Freddy Krueger people know and appreciate, but slightly off, because the outfit wasn't really meant to be viewed as a whole, let alone in playable video game character form. This could be a difficult task, but I fully believe this group can do it.

But cosmetics aside, please don't revamp the Nightmare substantially. Also, could you please make it so broke people can get Auric Cells in a stable way without paying.

Best Answer

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015
    Answer ✓

The issue with Freddy is that his chase power is far too similar to Clown's. If they do rework Freddy I'm sure (and hopeful) that they'll keep his generator teleporting because it's a cool ability, but I'm hoping being able to manually pull survivors into the dream world is added, just like his old variant.

Answers

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,122

@GeneralV this is all you.

My thoughts. Freddy has needed love for a LONG time. He’s nowhere near as neat as he use to be. He lost his “vibe”

He definetly needs help in regards to his power. His past rework a few years ago was as general said. A “dework”

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,522

Ah, another Freddy thread! There can't be one without me :)

@glitchboi is absolutely correct here. Dream Projection is worth salvaging, but honestly that is all that can be said. Freddy's reworked power always had the problem of being boring. There isn't anything really special about it.

But I am confident Freddy's upcoming changes will include a return to his first version, which is what we've always needed. I'm sure every remaining Freddy player out there, and sadly there aren't many of us left, will enjoy it.

Thanks for mentioning me, my friend!

• charmless
    charmless Member Posts: 24

Thanks for the Freddy talk. Maybe they should give him something weird? Like the ability to crawl out of Survivors like how he works in the second one. Or giving the non-killers the ability to hurt each other with the claws but losing the ability to do weapon things. Like the earlier ones where people in the movies had taken his claws. Maybe the ability to make fake generators or something? That could be neat.

Or they're just all nonsense reworks, I don't know.

• Adrien
    Adrien Member Posts: 91
    edited February 17

Freddy is not "difficult to use", he is mostly a slow paced/weak chaser.

On top of that he is very predictable, except maybe some very special teleport plays.

I think a buff/rework is a good idea considering his pick rate.

Suggestions:

1) Give Freddy a toggle button between Fake palets and dream snares basekit (like clown bottles). This will ensure some diversity in his gameplay.

2) Dream snares should be able to get triggered like 0.1 sec after being placed. If survivor triggers Dream snare "on impact", they suffer from a higher MS penalty. This will give Freddy a rewarding "skill shot".

3) A survivor entering a chase falls asleep 100% faster (or twice as fast). This will ensure Freddy Can use his anti loop faster in chase.

4) Freddy Can TP on a completed generator.

5) An add-on pass.

Post edited by Adrien on
  • charmless
    charmless Member Posts: 24
    edited February 17

I know, I've just heard people say that he is. Personally, I think it's nice, the chase is the point of these things, isn't it?