We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Is someone able to explain The Unknown's lore?

jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,646

So with the fact the unknown is semi out and about(PTB) I like the look of them?...him? The voice really throws me off but well is someone able to explain the lore in just a quick and simple way? Because looking at it all I'm thinking is just parasite infected some guy and well he know kills. But I have a feeling that's not it.

Comments

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,936
    edited February 21

It’s seemingly based on cryptids and urban legends. While its true origin is unknown, there are several prevailing theories about where it might be from (extraterrestrial, man-made, etc). Given its true form and the fact that it is from the same realm as the dredge I would guess it to be some sort of eldritch horror-like creature from another dimension.

• jamally093

Yeah I did a quick read through since the dbd wiki makes it easy to read unlike the actual game where the text is small the voices part made me think of skin walkers since they mimic victims voices to lure people in. Plus the idea that it's technically doesn't have a form by the looks of it instead relying on what it's next victim/s think it looks like is cool so I am thinking that outfit wise maybe other then the usual recolors and such it might have a legion thing where it will appear as different people hopefully they do something like Leatherface(minus the major problem that got the masks removed) and release an outfit or two of the Unknown but as for example Dwight just extremely twisted up.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,823

I've actually been wondering if the creature we see in-game is using a 'Dwight' outfit. It's pretty similar, and we know The Realms involve multiverses due to Haddie's lore. It would be nice to see if this is the case, with future skins being the others.

• jamally093

Just hopefully we don't get a Leatherface repeat since that ruined the fun for everyone still find it ridiculous people who do that.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I hope the killer's skin is different people, not just different outfit. It has to be, because the killer has so simple outfit, like a normal 9-5 working man. Can be men, women, elders, or even animals.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,277

I have been musing this myself, if The Unknown is Dwight lost to The Entity, devoid of any hope. The visuals are there and with a bit of work all perks can be seen as corrupted version of base Dwight:

The perk that damages and blocks gens is corrupted Proof Thyself

The perk that allows it to quickly follow a survivor through windows is corrupted Bond.

The perk that scares survivors away from gens exuding a terror radius is corrupted Leader.

It all makes sense. Maybe we will get couple of other corrupted skins of survivors, but poor Dwight makes a lot of sense. He was been through so much.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,659

It's an urban legend and a cryptid crossed with an SCP. Its origins are a subject of debate and no one really knows what it is or where it came from. All that's certain is that it makes people disappear (its Mori reveals it turns people to dust and absorbs them), and witnesses are often traumatized or delusional (likely due to the venom The Unknown produces). Most of its add-ons reference missing persons and unsolved crimes and mysteries connected to it.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,023

I think the reason why it looks so similar to Dwight is because as DBD players, we merely perceive it to be something default that represents DBD, and such default thing is the poster survivor boy of the fog. After all, The Unknown is anything its victims percieve it to be, is it not?

I hope to see a mangled Trapper skinsuit for Unknown, it would look sick.