In Asia, AFK killers have become so rampant that they account for 75%> of matches - it's unplayable.

Options
Panabas
Panabas Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 17

So, this is a critical situation that nobody takes seriously as the region is disregarded; it's not prominent elsewhere such as NA or EU, definitely the most valued demographics, but it's effectively decimating the playerbase in East Asia to Southeast Asia. The issue cannot be understated - 3 in 4 matches will be against an AFK Doctor with a script to move/attack/ability sporadically. Mornings, too, from midnight to noon are unplayable - the killer waiting times will be 20+ minutes and any survivor match will absolutely be against a bot.

I love Dead by Daylight, I am supportive of BHVR, but I literally cannot play an ordinary match - it's awful as encountering a cheater to ruin a match being fair (fortunately, an extremely rare event). This needs to be acknowledged and addressed meaningfully - it's essentially preventing DBD from being played and enjoyed. Now, whilst Americans and Europeans won't witness this worsening situation, I hope they'll be sympathetic to these circumstances - how a server is being plagued by bots to a point it's inaccessible.

I am frustrated and not sure where to report this issue to be heard… Surely there's a better technical solution to deter this behaviour? Currently, reports seem to be achieving little - the problem has only become worse.

Comments

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 104
    Options

Not a solution to the problem in general, but a temporary solution to your problem would be a VPN. I play on NA West and we get quite a few people playing on our server from Asia using a VPN. Yeah the 100+ ping would suck, but at least you could get in a game. I am suggesting this despite the fact everyone hates playing into a killer with high ping. Exitlag is the only VPN I have tried and it would work for your situations.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 987
    Options

I play in the SEA region and afk doctors are a very small minority.

Midnight to noon having low playerbase is understandable, people are at work/school or just haven't woken up.

• D3spair
    D3spair Member Posts: 713
    Options

Theres a thread under this on the general discussions forums where people want to tear the guts of people abusing high ping with a VPN lol

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,629
    Options

I don't doubt the validity of the claim but my question is "why?". What purpose does loading into a game and being AFK serve? Is this just one of those things where people will try to buy accounts with characters at max level so they go through some kind of 3rd party account seller who uses bots to farm blood points and the way they do this is just start matches and AFK cause the killer still gets blood points just from survivors running around the AFK killer? That's admittedly a lot of assumptions on my part. But it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 616
    Options

Rift Fragment and XP for the Iri shards are the reason why there are people who runs AFK killers.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

Imagine you run it 24/7, you can farm bloodpoints, rift fragments, and shards pretty easily.

Additionally, you are going to lose every game, so you tank your MMR massively making your matches easier moving forward.

• PreorderBonus
    PreorderBonus Member Posts: 121
    Options

If you AFK in a match as a Killer, you won't receive any Bloodpoints. Not only that, but the game detects it and penalizes you in the same way as if you had DC'ed. I'm not sure what the benefit of AFKing is anymore, to be honest. Unless they have a system where the killer also moves and/or spams M1, they'd get penalized—no BP gain, no rift fragments gain, nothing. The only thing would be lowering their MMR, but that alone wouldn't explain why OP encounters that many people doing it

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,732
    edited April 5
    Options

I play Asia servers and I cant say I have seen any AKF bot killers but I guess it must be happening?

The Asian region seems to really like anything like this that can automate farming points in games

Post edited by MaTtRoSiTy on
  • Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

Not sure if you read the full OP but they aren't just AFKing, they are doing what you said and playing doctor and running a script that randomly walks them around, swings their weapon, and uses their power.

So yeah, you aren't gonna get a TON of bloodpoints, but you probably could get 8-10k a game. Which again, if you are running 24/7, and games last around 8 minutes (if the survivors farm a bit too), 1-2 minutes in queue, and 1 minute of loading. You are talking 13 million bloodpoints. And they probably script spending them too when they cap out.

• Panabas
    edited April 5
    Options

I can only assume there's an increasing market to purchase premade and farmed accounts with characters/killers/perks/rift already unlocked in advance. As for others denying the issue, maybe it's just my MMR? I just tried again now, AFK matches successively… Regardless, this is frustrating enough for me to create an account here and complain - I'm not able to even QUIT such matches without penalties. Plus, as I have maxed characters/killers, I have no incentive for BP farming…

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 419
    Options

In East Asia, only a few non-streamers play DbD to begin with, and the number of killer players has been on the decline since the HUD implementation and basekit BT came along. Survivor queues can last 10 minutes or more depending on the time of day, while killers can start a match instantly even with 0% incentive, and there is probably no other area more convenient for those looking to make BP with bots.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,629
    Options

Yeah, that makes sense. Selfish losers ruin everything for everyone. You would think if they care about the game enough to want those things, they wouldn't want to ruin the experience for themselves when other players pull the same crap. Also, this doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to solve. Just make it so when a character is AFK for the majority of the match, it is treated as a disconnect. A couple of games later and they are blocked for 24 hours. If that doesn't do the trick then start banning accounts.

• Panabas
    edited April 5
    Options

It isn't that simple, unfortunately, when they have a script to move around randomly and do attacks/abilities. Like this in a match I just joined for my morning fun, Pyramid Head as a change (hooray):

https://streamable.com/0n3rnw

• Panabas
    Options

I am sorry to rudely bump this, I just can't play DBD and it's so bad. :(

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,437
    Options

Yeah it's been theorised that Doctor's low kill rate is because of these bot killers. I remember thinking if that's true then it must be really bad to affect the kill rates to such an extent, and apparently it really is that bad. I did think though that BHVR made the killer automatically DC after x-amount of time AFK? Unless they rolled that back? They need to make it so these bots end up with nothing every time they try

• Panabas
    edited April 9
    Options

They have scripts, check my video. They move around and do attacks/abilities randomly every few seconds. :( It's mostly prolific in Asia and unplayable /right now/ until later evenings. I love DBD and enjoy playing, but this has literally killed the potential to play… Like, that's not cool!

• BritneyMitch
    Options

Hey it sucks, but I'd rather people have the opportunity to play the game around the world than never have a game vs someone with high ping you know.

• D3spair
    D3spair Member Posts: 713
    Options

Hey don't look at me, Look at those people on that thread lol.

I am a SEA Region Killer Main. at SEA we got the Koreans, Chinese, Thai, Malaysians and Indonesians which are obsessed at trying hard and playing the best they can.

I tried to play at other regions as well last year when I still had my VPN Subscription.

The nicest and most chill region was NA, I 4Ked a lot of my matches there and had Streamers enjoyed my gameplay (was a Blight Main that doesn't camp and tunnel and knows a lot of the tech)

then I tried EU, people were more serious and tryhard there but still got a lot of 3Ks and 4Ks.

then is Japan, my god, I don't what's happening there but god-damn. I felt like playing Comp on every day and push my limits just to get 2Ks.

then I tried OCE/Australia. I got paired up with good coordinated teams there, some Chad Streamers and still enjoyed my time there.

I did try to stay at NA, but it got to the point that I ran to great survivors and felt like I'm just at SEA again. Never switched regions with my VPN since then.

I don't know what happened, but after buffing Billy, I haven't got a 0K since. So my MMR is pretty high that I regularly encounter the actual comp team from SEA. (Comp teams/Killers here regularly get matched that we are pretty familiar with each other). This is at playing in the morning, MMR gets somehow worse at Noon. Where I encounter actual babies and I somehow got Number 1 world record for fastest Billy 4K.

• BritneyMitch
    Options

Interesting analysis, I found some similarity's in my experience but also some differences. When I play in NA I find that theres a lot of skill there, similar to EU, but people are not sweating to win every match. There are good people in every region, but I found that the weakest playerbase per say was when I played in Asian regions, but they tried to win more than people in NA. I ran into more thought through builds and I guess what people call try hard build there, but the actual skill when it came to looping was noticeably less than NA or EU. The best region I played was probably EU I guess, but NA felt like the same players just with different goals. NA has a lot of head on/locker save bullshitery

• TheFragile
    TheFragile Member Posts: 35
    Options

👁👁 This has happened to me twice (not recently) I do recall going up against a Doctor that just stood there chopped and shocked. I live in the US

• Panabas
    edited April 11
    Options

Having previously played in the EU and USA due to travel, these regions are usually absolutely fine, to be honest, on average. Update, too: I tried to play this morning with my partner, but all three sessions had an AFK killer - blocking/reporting is changing nothing. Can the community management, PR or administration at least do some kind of acknowledgement to the issue? Or, because it's primarily affecting Asia, it's just considered isolated and negligible as a problem?

Update: 5 matches in a row. Looking for somebody to invite me to session with another region… I've begun viewing their profiles, too, and they're from China always along with random numbers as their alias - no wonder people always demand a region lock in other games?

Post edited by Panabas on
  • Panabas
    Options

For some reason, an AFK Chcuky with a script. :/ Just trying to play a single match in the evening before headed to a beach. Sigh.

https://streamable.com/r0x9pz

• dknb
    dknb Member Posts: 120
    Options

I've been playing on the East Asia server for over 5 years, but I've never experienced a 75% AFK doctor.

• Panabas
    Options

Can you invite me to play with you now, then, if that's so? None of my NA/EU friends are currently available and I'd love to play, currently being matched solely against AFK bots who're farming shards to sell stacked accounts. -_-