DBD is killer sided and I'm tired of people pretending it isn't.

13»

Comments

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    edited April 5

Here it goes found it. Any more questions anyone?

• Hexling

Well guess the devs saying they want it killer sided and a 60% rate which its at isnt enough… The people literally making the game saying they want it slighlty killer sided isntr enough data . OK goodbye lol.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 294

Those are inaccurate because the devs have polished them. The kill rates are much higher than that.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 913

I do find it weird that most solo queue players seem to experience a lot of 4K's, including Otz, who is pretty good at survivor and found that most of his matches in solo queue were a 4K, not a two person out.

I honestly wonder if survivors disconnecting when the match is doomed, is the reason that the numbers are so high. It's not like all DC's happen right at the start of a match. Sometimes everyone gets slugged at two gens left and someone DC's. Suddenly that winning match for the killer is not included in the data.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,018

That's a great quote that BHVR have officially stated they want the game killer sided. I'd love to read it.

• Hexling
    edited April 5

Its one of the campfire chats sucks they dont save trhe vods but its been said numerous times and thats why the number is 60%. Ima go do something productive cause literally everyone here has no numbers no data im the only one showing anything that's factual and everyone else is like nu uh lol.

here goes a thread about it

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 417

Yes. Did the devs ever say what exactly those stats even means? Is that 48% only 4SWF of all high MMR survivors against a high MMR killer (that’s what most seem to assume)? Do these numbers include matches the 4SWFs play against killers below the softcap or even „lesser“ killers when matchmaking screws up or due to backfill?

And does this even mean that this means the SWF was made up of all high MMR survivors or the escape rate of high MMR survivors playing in a 4SWF? In other words, if during the measurement period only a single high MMR survivor would have played a single match in a 4SWF with three mid-MMR friends and escaped as the only survivor of the group, would the „high MMR survivors escaping in 4SWF“ rate been 100%?

I haven’t seen any kill rates against 4SWF by high MMR killers lately but I expect them to be higher than 52%.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,872

…But the statistics don’t show her as the weakest killer in the game. The stats show she has the lowest kill rate and that’s only a few points off from the killer with the next lowest kill rate. Additionally, the stats show that all killers—every single one of them—has a kill rate over 50%.

• Hexling
    edited April 5

Those stats are for a 4man swf at high mmr meaning they are playing against high mmr killers see theres solo dou threes and 4man all for not high mmr and for high mmr lol. Its for all 4 swf players being high mmr they have all the data and they crunch it and this is how people get statistics.

Again even besides all these stats figures and facts the devs have said they want it to be killer sided slightly and adjust things to make sure thats the case. So even if you dont want to believe data THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE GAME want it to be slightly killer sided.

Why is it so hard for you all to belive that the game in its overall state is killer sided. Does the map reworks not make you think it is or the killer reworks? Im so confused on how people can have facts/data and hear the people who literally have all the stats all the data and who say it they want it to be killer sided and theyre just like naw thats not what happens wen i play cant be right so entitled. Please dont quote me in here anymore im done repeating myself facts there evidence is there if you dont beilve it i dont really care ignorance is bliss i guess.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,018
    edited April 5

That quote doesn't say what you say it does.

We try to keep Killers near a 60% kill rate on average to keep matches relatively even and support the horror theme of the game, where the Killer is a force to be reckoned with and the survival is not guaranteed.

"Relatively even" seems to contradict your point heavily, implying by the fact they say "and support" instead of "while supporting" that a lower kill rate of 50% does not make the matches "relatively even". It seems you're putting words in other peoples mouths.

Everyone has no numbers, no data, I'm the only one that's showing anything that's factual

Thing is, you make it very hard to have a reasonable conversation with you. I've already explained why those numbers don't paint the complete picture, and should be taken with a very big grain of salt.

The people who have the complete picture (I.e. BHVR) have even stated "do not use these numbers to draw conclusion"s, as several people before me already have pointed out; this serves as pretty strong reasoning to say why the conclusions you are drawing from those stats are flawed.

The problem is instead of engaging with any of those points, you take a very combative approach, and instead simply tell people they're wrong, without any attempt to understand their point or try to include it into some kind of better informed counterpoint.

It comes across as you expertly ignoring anyone who contradicts your narrative, and simply throwing out another weak counterpoint with flimsy evidence that suggests you have no intention of actually debating anything, and are instead just obsessed with being "right".

Needless to say, THAT isn't productive.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yeah, probably is.

Some people know that, others don't.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,046

Locking the thread here, as the tone is well out of hand, and conversation is going around in circles. Please remember to keep conversations civil and respectful when posting on the Forum.

This discussion has been closed.