The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dbd x The Boys Concept

D34D_B34TB0X
D34D_B34TB0X Member Posts: 406
edited July 18 in Creations

Since we have D&D, Lara Croft, and soon Castlevania in the game, I figured, why not make a Killer concept for The Boys.

New Killer: The Homelander

A sociopath with a God complex, masquerading as a beloved superhero. Years of inhumane experiments as a child will have an impact on people's view on human life as they grow up. Basically a case of, "monsters aren't born, but created." While hunting down The Boys, Homelander sees his son, Ryan, in the distance. As he approaches Ryan, he disappears into the fog. Attempting to find his son, he sees four strangers working on generators. Could they be his son's kidnappers? The Entity brands Homelander with the Mark of Negation on his forehead. If Homelander wants to see his son again, he is willing to annihilate anyone until he find him.

Killer Power: Compound V

Inspired by Vecna's power, Homlander has up to 4 abilities to choose from. The 4th ability is the ultimate and can be unlocked by successfully using his other 3 abilities on survivors 7 TIMES.

Flight: basically Wesker's Uroboros minus the throwing. When enabled, Homelander will float in the air can dash up to 2 times. He's slowed down for 3 seconds afterwards. Direct hits injure/down the Survivor. He can also dash through window/pallet vaults, again, similar to Wesker. 5 second cool down.

X-Ray Vision: when enabled, survivors get a STATIC sound indicating that Homelander will use this ability. Survivors activity moving will have their Auras revealed to him. Survivors need to be still to avoid. Performing actions do not reveal their Auras. 30 second cooldown.

Sonic Shout: Basically Doctor's Static Blast. He doesn't do this in the show, but in the comics, he shouts so loud that people's eardrums explode. When enabled, survivors get a RINGING sound indicating that Homelander will use this ability. When Homelander shouts, survivors scream, giving away their location. They are inflicted with the Deafness Status Effect for 7 seconds. 30 second cooldown.

Lazer Vision: Basically Trickster's Main Event. By using his other 3 abilities 7 TIMES, you've fully unlocked Homelander's Lazer Vision. When activated his eyes glow red. Reaching insane distance, lazering a survivor point blank will injure/down them. The ability can be used one time, and lasts for 7 seconds. Can also destroy pallets and walls. Of course, he's slowed down a bit while using it. Has a cooldown of 60 seconds.

Survivor Items:

Red Vial = Supe Speed; Survivors gain a 200% Haste for 10 seconds.

White Vial = Invisibility; does exactly what you think it does, plus immunity to X-Ray Vision and Aura reading perks, all for 30 seconds or until you perform an action.

Blue Vail = Lazer Vision; stuns Homelander for 7 seconds.

Yellow Vail = Teleportation; relocates a survivor to the furthest locker. The user becomes inflicted with the Broken effect for 20 seconds.

Each Vail removes a health state. These items are consumed during Endgame Collapse.

The Homelander's Perks are:

I Am Better; After a killer gets pallet stunned, they receive a 10% Haste for 5/6/7 seconds.

Hex: Recognition; When the Obsession stuns the Killer three times, the perk activates. Non-Obsessed survivors are revealed with Killer Instinct within 6/8/10 meters of the killer's terror radius. Only the Obsession can see the Hex's Aura.

Scourge Hook: Useless Blind Guy; approaching a hooked Survivor within 2/4/6 meters will blur the that survivor's vision.

Licensed Killer Cosmetics:

(Very Rare) Homelander - Straight from the comics... (2 piece set)

(Legendary Set) The Legion - Black Nior

(Very Rare) The Doctor - Stormfront (comic version)

Licensed Survivor Cosmetics Ideas:

David King as Billy Butcher

Dwight Fairfield as Hughie

Kate Denson as Starlight

Renato Lyra as A-Train

Gabriel Soma as The Deep

Mikaela Reid as Queen Maeve

Ace Visconti as Soldier Boy

Elode Rakoto as Firecracker

Claudette as Sister Sage

Alternatives

Hillbilly as A-Train (Comic or Amazon version)

Nea Karlsson as Stormfront (Amazon Version)

Deathslinger as The Deep (Comic version)

This isn't the best concept I've came up with, I'd say it's hit and miss. If Bhvr considers adding Homelander, maybe they'll do it better. Feel free to critique everything in the comments. Did I overdo it? What would you buff/nerf in here?

Post edited by D34D_B34TB0X on

Comments

• Choaron
    Choaron Member Posts: 317

No thanks.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

I like the idea of Homelander as a killer, especially now we have the Mark of Negation in play.

His perks look decent, and to have another multi-tooled killer which adds a new effect (the blurred vision) and brings back an old, rarely-used effect (Deafness) makes it feel like he could be fun. Maybe tune him down a bit, but otherwise he sounds interesting!

Ironically, the only thing I disagree with is the lore aspect of him coming to the fog. The Entity doesn't need to negotiate because it can just take him. Sounds a bit like a happy family event, which I'm not sure that it works. It would be more interesting if it used an illusionary Ryan to lure him in, and him viewing the survivors as Ryan's kidnappers. The Entity would get more out of tormenting Homelander mentally than giving him a happy ending.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,836
    edited July 17

Hard pass, with the exception of a handful of IPs that are heavily horror adjacent to begin with, chapters should primarily be focusing on horror IPs, however when it comes to Killers, i firmly believe it should only be horror characters that gets added as such.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 295

The odds of a Boys chapter are fairly likely. Its super popular and was on the last few satisfaction surveys. As for those who dont think The Boys has horror elements, i don't know what to tell them other then i heavily disagree

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,836
    edited July 17

was on the last few satisfaction surveys

Except it wasn't, the last 2 satisfaction surveys that featured licenses that people could choose from was in 2021 & 2023 and neither of them featured The Boys as an option.