We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

The Casting of Frank Stone appreciation (no spoilers)

rysm
rysm Member Posts: 260
edited September 4 in Off-topic

Started the game tonight and i'm so drawn in by the story already. It feels so so good to play on PS5, looks great, performance is great, great voice acting and script, really great vibes. This is a fantastic direction for the DBD universe.

I do see some issues with deluxe edition rewards which i'm also impacted by, but they're fixing it and I love the prioritisation of this.

All of the easter eggs and DBD references so far have been great. Amazing work by all involved and i'm excited to continue playing throughout the week.

How is everyone else enjoying the game so far? Please no spoilers.

Post edited by BoxGhost on

Comments

• rysm
    edited September 3

Also, if I don't get Linda as a survivor/legendary skin in DBD i'll be so annoyed 😂

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,622

You're getting good performance???

My PC (which admittedly is a laptop, but still) is struggling, even on the lowest settings. Like, it's taking up 100% of my GPU. The boot-up sequence of all things is running at 3 FPS.

Also, there's been a shocking lack of (live) birds so far.

• rysm

Yeah I haven't had a single issue on PS5. It's surprisingly smooth considering some of the jittering in previous "supermassive" games. Theres a known screen tearing bug on ps5 if you toggle on Film Grain but restarting sorts it and it's completely smooth afterwards. I've heard the game is kinda intensive

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,503

I have it all set up ready to go once I get the kids off to school. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

The story has been so great thus far really hooks you in from the very beginning. I highly recommend it those on the fence

• Nazzzak

My Plunderers Instinct doesn't work. I've tried changing to different buttons but nothing. It tells me to use it in game but it doesn't work. Anyone else?

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,863
    edited September 4

It only activates when nearby a chest, if it doesn't work despite being that then it's most likely a bug.

• Nazzzak

Thanks! It kept telling me in the bottom left corner there was a chest nearby and to press the button but nothing was happening. I tried a bunch of different button changes and eventually selected to refresh original controls and it started working. So seems it was a small glitch

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,228

I finished it and it was a good journey! I do prefer longer solo games, but this was more an interactive movie which you got to direct.

There were so many Easter Eggs there, I started seeing Easter Eggs where there probably weren't any (I'm certain Stan is wearing Dwight's pink trouser cosmetic!). However, were I to know nothing about DBD, other than the dolls sprinkled about as collectables, everything fit in seamlessly

It was a really enjoyable story which did have some minor performance issues, and one twist didn't make sense to me (no spoilers), but overall a great story.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 452
    edited September 21

I liked the survivors but I don't know much about them. The beginning was better than the end. Some character and environments was not necessary, in my oppinion. The action was lame and too rare.

But it was not bad at all and I liked it somehow even by disliking a lot 🤨 ?

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 452

I had performance issues, too and then I watched it on a better pc and it was stuttering sometimes, aswell.