The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Potential Casting of Frank Stone DLC Chapter for Dead by Daylight - Fan Concept (SPOILERS)

OrscristXD
OrscristXD Member Posts: 7
edited September 6 in Creations

⚠️SPOILERS FOR MULTIPLE OUTCOMES OF AND GAMEPLAY FOR THE CASTING OF FRANK STONE STORY BELOW⚠️

After playing through multiple outcomes of the Frank Stone story, and given that ending, I started to think about what he could play like in Dead by Daylight. After theorizing, I came up with this as a potential power for The Champion. I know that not all of it lines up exactly with the story of The Casting of Frank Stone, but I tried to use what I saw in the Supermassive game to create something that could give this killer a unique feel. 

Some of my ideas are pretty self explanatory if you have explored several of the choices one can make in The Casting of Frank Stone and played a good amount of Dead by Daylight. Switching between the different forms would work similar to the new killer: The Dark Lord. In his default state, The Champion’s lunge would be to the effect of one or two stacks of Coup de Grâce, and it could be combined with this perk which could be interesting. I think of the Charge ability as a combination of Blight, Chucky when vaulting with his power, and Billy’s low pro chains. Celluloid Transference would work similar to the Unknown’s hallucinations. 

I personally believe the Super 8 Camera items could make for a very uncommon risk reward dynamic, for both sides, when The Champion is in a trial. Survivors could pick up the camera and slow down The Champion who is in chase with a teammate, but risk getting teleported to, or losing the camera. The Champion on the other hand, can teleport right to a survivor and get a quick injury, but force the camera’s location to be locked. I think it’s pretty balanced. 

I decided to name the power Roll. Cut. Edit. because of the filmmaking implications in the Frank Stone story, but also because each word applies to his potential power. In his default state he is rolling through with vengeance. In Sheathed mode he has to cut himself to stop Stan’s Resistance. And when charging he is editing the terrain by destroying pallets and walls. 

I know that some people were saying we might not get Frank in DBD because of the Trapper Mask cosmetic, but I still think it’s very possible and would make total sense. If BHVR did something similar to this it could be a really cool chapter. 

I have absolutely no affiliation with BHVR, Supermassive, or either of these games. This is purely a fan concept. 

This is what you would see when you hover over The Champions power icon. Let me know what you think!

The Champion.

Roll. Cut. Edit. 

Power 

“Finally she has come back to me, and she is happy. I have well exceeded her expectations…” - Frank Stone 

The Champion is what he was always meant to be. Destiny realized in fire, celluloid, and steel. 

PASSIVE TIMER: STAN’S RESISTANCE

The Champion may have absorbed Bruno Stanford III, but he is still fighting back. As soon as The Champion spawns in a trial, a passive timer begins. In his default state, The Champion’s movement speed is slowed down by Stan’s Resistance, but he is free to use his main weapon with the force of ultimate vengeance. In this state, The Champion’s lunge is increased. If the Power button is not pressed by the end of the timer, The Champion will automatically go into Sheathed Form and Stan’s Resistance will go on cool down. 

Sheathed Form: At any point in the trial, while in the default state, press the Power button to Sheath your main weapon and silence Stan. In this form, The Champion moves at normal speed but cannot use his main weapon. However, he has the ability to quickly close in on his prey, and deplete their resources while doing so. Stan’s Resistance will go on cooldown before The Champion can un-sheath his main weapon and return to his default state. 

SPECIAL ABILITY: CHARGE

When in Sheathed Form, press and hold the Power button to charge down survivors. While performing Charge, The Champion is able to push through thrown pallets and breakable walls, injuring survivors on the other side for a single health state. 

SPECIAL ITEM: SUPER 8 CAMERA

At the beginning of each trial, two Super 8 Cameras spawn. Survivors are only able to see these cameras in close proximity while The Champion can see them at any distance and at all times. When standing over a Super 8 Camera, a Survivor can pick it up. Survivors can use the Super 8 Camera to slow down The Champion by pointing it at him and pressing the Active Ability Button. If a survivor is injured by any means while carrying a Super 8 Camera, the item is dropped and becomes unusable. 

SPECIAL LOCOMOTION: CELLULOID TRANSFERANCE 

Press the Secondary Power button to teleport to a Super 8 Camera that is at least 3 meters away from your location. 

If a Super 8 Camera is knocked out of a survivor’s hand, its position becomes locked, but The Champion can still teleport to it. 

Teleportation has a cooldown of 30 seconds. 

“Suffice it to say. One can’t make a proverbial omelet without breaking the proverbial eggs.” - Augustine Lieber

Post edited by EQWashu on