The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If you're a rank 1 survivor and you....

Sinner
Sinner Member Posts: 334
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
  • Don't look behind you when you're being chased
  • Don't know totem spots
  • Don't know pallet spots
  • Can't help bringing the killer where a teammate is working on a gen, so he goes for him instead
  • Can't hit hex skill checks
  • Can't hide your aura from BBQ
  • Can't gen rush when you're mangled
  • Can't gen rush when the killer is camping
  • Can't suicide on the hook when there's 1 more survivor left and it's obvious you can't be saved
  • Can't 180 a Billy to avoid his chainsaw
  • Can't hug a Nurse when she is blinking
  • Can't put distance between you and the Clown instead of looping
  • Can't stop making scratch marks when being chased by the Spirit
  • Can't trigger Hag traps when she is picking someone up
  • Can't loop a Huntress
  • Can't spread out against Legion

Please, FFS, learn to do so.

Post edited by Sinner on

Comments

• F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118
    I think tripping hags traps is the most important on your list! Like come on dumbass you know its hag and so do I. So why run straight to the hook for a save when you know 99% of hags place a trap at the hooked survivor. 🤦‍♂️
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

exactly someone run through pop traps and the follow rescuer a meters behind when the Hag pursues the bait.

• Sinner

That too but I meant something else. Like if I am not doing a gen I run around tripping her traps, when she is picking someone up.

• Sinner

@Coriander said:
    This post comes off as hostile, and many of your points aren't worth of anyone Rank 1. For instance, it's incredibly easy to hit R1 as a Survivor on consoles, and hitting skill checks can be difficult without that sweet PC framerate. Unless you meant exclusive to PC, in which case each player is allowed to play at their own pace and you can't expect everyone to be gods at a casual game just because you play more and want to win.

Yeah I play on PC.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Sinner said:
    That too but I meant something else. Like if I am not doing a gen I run around tripping her traps, when she is picking someone up.

No, i understood i was just adding to it. I do the same thing. set off traps like a maniac if i can while the hag is carrying someone. I also pop Trappers traps when injured at certain loop spots since i'm already injured.

• Sinner

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:
    @Sinner

The real question here is; how did they manage to reach rank 1 anyways?
    Maybe they are indeed learning and simply have less hours than you?
    Something must be wrong with the ranking system~

Yeah I wrote in other threads about it. Ranking system is a disaster.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Got triggered by boosted team mates? Solo experience is really annoying cuz red ranks are meaningless and you still get bad team mates
  • Sinner

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Got triggered by boosted team mates? Solo experience is really annoying cuz red ranks are meaningless and you still get bad team mates

Yeah mate, they're there every game, just thought I'd give them some advice, since I don't see a new ranking system coming anytime soon.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Sinner said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Yeah mate, they're there every game, just thought I'd give them some advice, since I don't see a new ranking system coming anytime soon.

Yeah it triggers me aswell. + the fact that red rank killers are 99% really decent so I'm literally in a 1v1 with the killer lol.

I remember back then when the emblem system came out, pipping was difficult. So whenever I went into a solo match at red ranks I knew for a fact my mates are decent. 
    Sadly, many noobs were crying it's to hard and now everyone pips ez
  • Sinner

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Sinner said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Yeah it triggers me aswell. + the fact that red rank killers are 99% really decent so I'm literally in a 1v1 with the killer lol.

I remember back then when the emblem system came out, pipping was difficult. So whenever I went into a solo match at red ranks I knew for a fact my mates are decent. 

Also, unfortunately, rank hacking still works and boosting is also a problem that needs to be addressed. Meanwhile when I play killer (rank 10 atm), I get all these insanely good survivors and I am like, where the f*** are you guys when I need you at rank 1.

• michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    Rank one killer is better than rank one survivor. That’s how I judge how good someone may or may not be. 
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Sinner said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Sinner said:

@HavelmomDaS1 said:

Also, unfortunately, rank hacking still works and boosting is also a problem that needs to be addressed. Meanwhile when I play killer (rank 10 atm), I get all these insanely good survivors and I am like, where the f*** are you guys when I need you at rank 1.

They are were they can get easy wins and shorter que times 
  • TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    edited January 2019

It astounds me how few people can dodge Billy chainsaws or stop sprinting against Hag at high ranks.
    Also can we add "don't know how to stop sprinting for 3 ######### seconds" to this list?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Sinner said:

• Don't look behind you when you're being chased
    • Don't know totem spots
    • Don't know pallet spots
    • Can't help bringing the killer where a teammate is working on a gen, so he goes for him instead
    • Can't hit hex skill checks
    • Can't hide your aura from BBQ
    • Can't gen rush when you're mangled
    • Can't suicide on the hook when there's 1 more survivor left and it's obvious you can't be saved
    • Can't 180 a Billy to avoid his chainsaw
    • Can't hug a Nurse when she is blinking
    • Can't put distance between you and the Clown instead of looping
    • Can't stop making scratch marks when being chased by the Spirit
    • Can't trigger hag traps when she is picking someone up
    • Can't loop a Huntress

Please, FFS, learn to do so.

Some of the points are iffy. Hiding is for cowards. :P Though seriously, I'd rather just run the killer than hide in a locker 100% of the time and makes even less sense when someone is near to you, not hiding. Also, I've had games where the survivor didn't heal (possibly due to mangled) and was easily downed due to that. So if it makes you good, it also makes you bad, I guess? As for suicide on hook, I'm gonna get my struggle points if the person was camping hatch. Besides, some people can make plays. I've had people suicide on hook with one gen left and while I ended up getting the hatch 'cause it was between me and them, I would have still liked attempting to get both of us out.

Not everyone will play perfectly 100% of the time and it's entirely possible to rarely run into certain killers and therefore not be sure on how to interact with them. I highly doubt you're a perfect survivor, yourself.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    I never get a single teammate that knows how to do at least half of that stuff. Really shows how easy it is for people to get to rank 1...
  • Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

My friend is outrageously bad. No offense to her, but she doesn't do any Rank 1 type stuff, and she made it to rank 1.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

remember survivors, that YOU asked for this when you demanded the emblems to be made easier
    THIS IS OF YOUR OWN DOING!

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Well, if they made it to rank 1, they must be one of the best players in this game. /s

• LightsOut88
    LightsOut88 Member Posts: 123
    edited January 2019
    The post may come off as arrogant, but truthfully it is packed with high level advice. Keeping all these points in mind will make you a better killer a d or survivor. And yes its hard to remember them all, all the time but the more you practice these things the more natural they become.
  • Sinner

@Saint_Ukraine said:
    My friend is outrageously bad. No offense to her, but she doesn't do any Rank 1 type stuff, and she made it to rank 1.

Yep, the ranking system is the core problem of this game.Most of the other issues derive from here. I've said it many times, it needs to be about chase Also, I added another point about Legion, feel free to make more suggestions.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Coriander said:

This post comes off as hostile, and many of your points aren't worth of anyone Rank 1. For instance, it's incredibly easy to hit R1 as a Survivor on consoles, and hitting skill checks can be difficult without that sweet PC framerate. Unless you meant exclusive to PC, in which case each player is allowed to play at their own pace and you can't expect everyone to be gods at a casual game just because you play more and want to win.

You don't have to be a God at this game to know the basics that op points out 
  • Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

No, some of them are basic, sure, but memorizing every pallet/totem in every variant of every map? That's crazy. I've played lots of hours on several systems and still don't know all of them, but to expect everyone to distract the killer for all five gens is just silly. And often, you start getting chased halfway through a match only to find all the pallets are already gone. I get that a lot of players have many more hours than me, and can run around for a while, but I'm not at that level yet, though it's still easy for me to hit Rank 1.

I think if you're working on gens, evading the killer as best you can, and assisting teammates, this means you're a good player. You don't have to escape just to rank up (like how it is now).

• Sinner

Yeah, that's why I made the thread. Because there are a lot of people at rank 1, that don't know how to counter high skilled killers. You can't run a rank 1 killer for 5 gens, unless he is boosted by NOED, that's not what I expect. I expect from my fellow rank 1 survivors to not die 5 seconds after they've been found. Hence the tips.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    yeet said:

remember survivors, that YOU asked for this when you demanded the emblems to be made easier
    THIS IS OF YOUR OWN DOING!

Actually it was also killers complaining as not enough survivors were ranking up quick enough which caused long queues at the red ranks.
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2019
    YES! These are the types of skills that should be shown in R1.

Theres a LOT of survivors who don’t do any of these things that you’ve mentioned especially looking behind them while they’re in a chase. Survivors like that shouldn’t be at R1.

Then they have the audacity to complain about how killers are too over-powered. 😂. Like honey..... killers are not over-powered... you just don’t know what tf you’re doing....