Q&A: On Tinkerer...

Options
VESSEL
VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

With the Tinkerer change, I feel like it might be too extreme (In a bad way) - the new description feels like a totally new perk!

In case people haven't watched it: "When a Gen is at 90%, you are told which Gen it is, and you're terror radius is reduced to for 4/6/8 seconds." What does everyone think?

On another note, I really appreciate you guys going over all the perks and the changes, it really gives me hope that you're working towards a better game! Keep up the work!

Post edited by VESSEL on

Comments

• Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    Options
    I really don't see a need to use it after this change...
  • Gravity
    Gravity Member Posts: 16
    Options

90% may be a bit too little time to react to it. If it was lower (maybe 75 or 80?) i could see me using it on billy with Pop goes the Weasel.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

Seem like it should be what surveillance should have done.

Also the name tinkerer doesn't go with what the perk will be doing.

• VESSEL
    Options

I think the idea is that the Survivors are Tinkering with the Killers stuff. Still, I probs won't use Tinkerer on any other killer but Billy and maybe Nurse after this

• Hodderfodder
    Hodderfodder Member Posts: 164
    Options

What I'm wondering is if the notification sound is the same as a failed skillcheck sound. Because if it is, there's nothing to let the killer know that the gen is at 90%, and their terror radius is currently at 0. Instead of the perk being "HEY GET OVER THERE" it's "Hey someone's working on a gen over there".

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Tinkerer will be garbage tier if this change goes through. Honestly they should just keep it as it is and just not support it for new killers. Its an important part of Billy Willies load out.

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:

@SadonicShadow said:
    Tinkerer will be garbage tier if this change goes through. Honestly they should just keep it as it is and just not support it for new killers. Its an important part of Billy Willies load out.

No. I like using good charge add-ons and not being forced to use Tinkerer on Leatherface. It's a good change for Killers because it means you have one extra perk slot now.

Are they increasing the base charge time values for the charge speed addons to compensate for the loss of tinkerer? I am only half way through the QA vid.

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@SaltyKiller said:

@SadonicShadow said:

No. I like using good charge add-ons and not being forced to use Tinkerer on Leatherface. It's a good change for Killers because it means you have one extra perk slot now.

Are they increasing the base charge time values for the charge speed addons to compensate for the loss of tinkerer? I am only half way through the QA vid.

Yes, they are increasing the base changes except for Huntress. If you paid attention you would know that.

Then i am fine with the changes to tinkerer. Faster base charge speed without having to use a perk slot up is always a good thing and you dont need to be so passive aggressive. I might have just missed it accidentally.

• guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149
    Options

I love tinkerer as it is now. I hope they won't really change it.

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@guest602 said:

According to @SaltyKiller to compensate for tinkerers changes they are increasing the base values for charge speed addons. So really you are getting the current tinkerer more or less just without the perk slot.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options
    guest602 said:

They are going to change it one way or another. They have confirmed that designing new killers with Tinkerer in mind has gotten out of hand for them.

Not sure about the current idea though. Doesn't seem like enough info or benefit to be of any use for anyone besides Nurse or Billy.
  • guest602
    Options

@SadonicShadow Yes, they are. But if they weren't, I think most of killers would complain a LOT.
    @SaltyKiller What is your problem, sir?

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@guest602 said:
    @SadonicShadow Yes, they are. But if they weren't, I think most of killers would complain a LOT.
    @SaltyKiller What is your problem, sir?

Yes if they were not giving us an increase in base charge times with the addons to compensate i would feel kind of salty because i really like using tinkerer for that extra boost. Its like a brutal strength built into a chainsaw.

• guest602
    Options

@SadonicShadow Same here. I use Tinkerer with a lot of killers (Trapper, Hag, Billy, Huntress, Myers)

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

@Gravity said:
    90% may be a bit too little time to react to it. If it was lower (maybe 75 or 80?) i could see me using it on billy with Pop goes the Weasel.

I agree. You have at max 8 seconds to reach the gen before it's finished, and for most killers it's not enough to allow them to reach the gen in time to stop survivors from completing it.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

What I also don't like of this perk idea is it's controllability. You never knew what you are doing, and when the perk might trigger. How much use it the notification and the terror radius reduction, if I'm a big fat clown, getting looped around a car on Autohaven? Or, if you are just caring a survivor towards a hook? It's quite a situation perk and a gamble, that's not really worth to take as a killer.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Your font color gives me eye cancer.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,664
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Hodderfodder said:
    What I'm wondering is if the notification sound is the same as a failed skillcheck sound. Because if it is, there's nothing to let the killer know that the gen is at 90%, and their terror radius is currently at 0. Instead of the perk being "HEY GET OVER THERE" it's "Hey someone's working on a gen over there".

The Perk will most likely light up when active, similar to Blood Warden and Whispers.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The new Tinkerer is really situational. You have to be right around the corner or playing Billy, otherwise the gen will be completed long before you can get there. It should stay the way it is currently.
  • VESSEL
    Options

@RemoveSWF said:
    Time to ban custom font colours.

Try Me. :P