Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Did dedicated servers Buff flashlights and made hitboxes bigger for bad connection killers?

Heroiq
Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134

after playing for a while now. i noticed that if the killer's ping is a bit high (150-250). he'll get blinded easily. and he'll still get blinded even if he turns his head. which buffs the flashlights (if the survivor was a bit late and the killer was a bit laggy. it will still blind the killer)

while in the other hand. if the hitboxes connected in the killer's screen. it will connect.. even if the survivors are away 2-5 meters from the killer (in their screen). same with 360s. the killer literally downs the survivor who's behinds him. i've tried some killer games. and these things happened to me

1- with 200 ping. i tried lunging to a pallet because someone was camping it. i got the hit. and then teleported back a few steps and didn't get the stun.

2- got blinded even when i'm looking above with 150 ping

3- a survivor tried to 360 me. i was trying to make him drop the god pallet so i just swung randomly. and it hits him for some reason.

and for survivor games. i faced a laggy killer who had a ping around 200. and the hits were basically stupid. most of the hits connected when i was more than 5 meters away from him.

note: and nurse is pain with 150 ping

Answers

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Dedicated servers are not in the live build. Ping works both ways; it's not "the killer's ping". It's latency between you and whatever you're connected to (could be the killer, could be a dedicated server, could be a website).