Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

About Charms Btw...

Options
Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,613

Laurie, Quentin, Tapp etc.

They're licensed, yes?

And they can't just get new cosmetics like original characters, right?

So then Charms won't come to them until they make deals with their license holders to allow some?

Best Answers

• Boss
    Answer ✓
    Options

"If we release a Survivor Charm, it's for every Survivor."

Hm.

Answers

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    Options

Oh. Sooo, they won't even be able to equip charms then o_O

• Boss
    Options

Well it gets a bit more complicated than that, now that i think about it.

Killer Charms aren't on the characters, they're on Hooks.

And since Hooks belong, well they're probably not licensed, but they're DbD property, so Killer Charms would most likely be fine.

Which would be a bit unfair.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Pig has already new cosmetics, Myers to come during halloween. I think the license thing is outdated

• Boss
    Options

You think they got those cosmetics in the game without needing approval?

Then why would they hold off on more cosmetics for Shape for 3 years, who's usually voted the most popular licensed Killer?

• Boss
    Options

Perhaps.

I'm just concerned for those characters, y'know?

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

"And I'm pretty sure it will not be an issue to attach some tiny bling on the waist of a licensed character."

-Someone who has definitely never dealt with a licensor

• Boss
    Options

See, that's what worries me about them.

No denying that Shape was made incredibly strict on this.

They do allow AN outfit now, but that's after 3 years.

I would like to be wrong on this, but my views on them getting these just don't look good.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

honestly, i think for the survivors its not that big of a deal.

the killers are the ones that they will want to keep as original as possible, so players who see them will immediately think of their movies.

for survivors, i dont think thats really the case. take freddy for an example: when someone sees freddy, they will immediately think about A Nightmare On Elm Street, however uppon seeing quentin they wont link back to the movie as fast as with freddy - they still will, but its gonna take a little longer to realize which movie it was.

so as long as the survivors keep their base looks, their face and some clothes they also wore in the movies it wouldnt really be a problem to add such tiny little details on them - you will still connect the survivor with the movie, as their base design is not changed.

• Boss
    Options

Meaning they either somehow broke through the extreme protection, or more likely they won't have them?

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,047
    Options

I'd imagine they will still be able to wear charms but charms based on their series/franchise however are a different story.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

@Rydog @Boss What I mean is, that they apparently have made progress on the holy grail of licensed cosmetics. I'm not saying that BHVR apparently ignored the protection. I have no idea what they have done, but apparently they are some steps further. And regarding the complete new outfits for Pig and Myers they have done some good progress, so the charms seem to be not a problem, they will have considered that as well. I would be wondering if they really release the charms saying "oh well, darn, licensed survivors are excluded"

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

Oh man.... I sure hope licensed survivors can wear charms. Other wise they will be useless to me because my main survivors are Tapp and Ash.