We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Will we ever get a human killer who isn't obscured by a mask like jack Torrance?

Options
joshuashep22
joshuashep22 Member Posts: 236

I have noticed that killers who are human are always obscured by a mask or hoodie to differentiate them from survivors so will we ever get an unmasked and relatively normal killer?

Will we ever get a human killer who isn't obscured by a mask like jack Torrance? 23 votes

Yes
34%
MikeadatrixArk_the_BonsaiTerminatorGuyWeepemeStrancolAndreyu44KsoniTheGhostFaceMain 8 votes
No
0%
It would not fit the theme of dbd
21%
KnucklesHoodiedMochanxEacralo 5 votes
It would be to hard to tell if it is the killer
8%
CamoRangerkipper0930 2 votes
Good concept difficult to pull off
34%
twistedmonkeyBigWeeWeeShirokuroJacoby2041Micheal_MyersdfrenchieeKenshiro84ijustregist 8 votes

Comments

• TheALIEN
    TheALIEN Member Posts: 327
    Options

Thought Clown was human? Xx

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

Clown, Wraith are both human.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options
    Yes

Of course we will.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options
    Good concept difficult to pull off

It's a good concept but there is a reason most slasher films use masks. It's a way to disengage us from it being just a normal human which causes more fear within us.

In the case of Jack torence he is just the face of the killer. The spirits in the overlook are actually the ones pulling the strings turning him insane and convincing him to kill his family.

It's a great concept and one which works as in a sense it's like he is possessed so it allows the audience to disengage much like the masked killers do.

Could it work? Quite possibly but I would say it is more difficult to make a normal human seem scary than a hulking masked killer.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 612
    Options

Freddy, Clown, Hag, Plague, Billy, Doctor, and Spirit all do not have masks nor hoods covering their faces. Makeup and added cosmetics I don't count so the game already has what you're asking for OP.

Clown and Billy are also rather human. Little on the tall side but they don't have supernatural powers like most other Killers. Clown is just some fat man that tosses bottles and Billy is no more than an idiot running with a chainsaw. Hell, DbD goes out of its way to make Killers as human as possible. The Shape is literally a normal person that likes to stab people. No special powers given by the Entity, no nothing but him and his knife. The Shape even DEFIES the Entity at will in multiple ways!

Immune to certain Survivor perks made to detect Killers powered by the Entity. Having a reduced or no terror radius by default reinforcing that the Shape has little to no connection with the Entity. Being able to resist the Entity at will with add-ons to keep in lower Evil Within stages. And being the only Killer able to kill anyone he wants when he wants with a tombstone.

Hell, the Entity fights AGAINST the Shape in giving Survivors help without directly interfering with the trial! The Entity itself likely ######### fears the Shape!

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

Freddy: "Am I a joke to you?"

Wraith: "Am I a joke to you?"

Clown: "Am I a joke to you?"

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

"bUt NeA iSn'T wEaRiNg A mAsK".

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434