More indoor maps

my favorite map are the Lery’s memorial center map because its inside and its tricky finding gens sometimes, which makes it more fun i think. 

My wish for the game is to get more indoor maps. I also like ‘the game’ map. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Dave_Microwave
    Dave_Microwave Member Posts: 33

Something tells me the next map is either going to be an indoors map or for the most part it will be indoors.

• Anzi130
    Anzi130 Member Posts: 51

Something tells me the next map is either going to be an indoors map or for the most part it will be indoors.

I hope so :) there are so many outside maps in the game already
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    edited August 2018

I would love a map that it's half indoors and half outdoors

OR an indoor map with some outdoor parts

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    edited August 2018
    If the next map keeps up with the Japanese theme they teased, it could be one of those big traditional Japanese houses. Maybe it'll even have a garden section. That would be freaking sweet.
  • Snowflakeqt
    Snowflakeqt Member Posts: 2

Definitely

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I also do want more indoor maps. They give so many possibilities for interesting settings.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

Idk why so many ppl like indoor maps, imo are the worst to ever see the game as both killer/survivor.
    You can't really juke on it, you just run and hope for the love of god that you get a window or pallet/ same goes for killer but in reverse.
    The map is impossible to understand or learn since there are some rng stuff that can happen.
    Those were my 2 problems with the indoor map i could find more but those 2 are on top of my head why they should NEVER release another indoor map.

• Anzi130
    Milo said:

That’s a great idea actually!

If the next map keeps up with the Japanese theme they teased, it could be one of those big traditional Japanese houses. Maybe it'll even have a garden section. That would be freaking sweet.
    That would be awesome!

PigNRun said:

I also do want more indoor maps. They give so many possibilities for interesting settings.

I completely agree :)

I'm still upset the Clown didn't get his own Realm.
    IKR?  I never really understood how a chapel and a circus/carnival made sense together.. its actually one of my least favorite maps.

switch said:

Idk why so many ppl like indoor maps, imo are the worst to ever see the game as both killer/survivor.
    You can't really juke on it, you just run and hope for the love of god that you get a window or pallet/ same goes for killer but in reverse.
    The map is impossible to understand or learn since there are some rng stuff that can happen.
    Those were my 2 problems with the indoor map i could find more but those 2 are on top of my head why they should NEVER release another indoor map.

Actually, for me That’s the point. I love that its hard to figu
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited August 2018
    The problem is indoor maps don't help with atmosphere if you are survivor because of the third person view. I was thinking the same before, like how would it be cool if there are more indoor maps but now it doesn't matter to me. The only difference is that I kinda struggle with finding generators or exits on such maps,  which I don't find very fun. More like a chore.
  • TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89
    I dislike indoor maps. Lerys isn't that bad but The Game is awful. Although if the next chapter is Japanese themed I wouldn't mind whatever it is as long as it looks cool.
  • Eveline
    edited August 2018
    Vietfox said:
    What about "moving maps"? Map could be a ship on the sea and gates would be lifeboats.
    That seems cool, like a dead ship or something. And a new killer, undead pirate that can hook you with his arm lol.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

yes I want an alien mothership

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

That as well, i'm a big fan of alien movies. Something like alien/dead space should be done
  • S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

I would like the indoorpart of the house from the "Until Dawn" Game - Maybe with some outdoor parts around it.

• S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

Or if we stay at indoor maps, it should be an old bunker with prisons and stuff, where you never see the heaven, not even at the exitgates. Some kind of secret area where really bad things happend in the past.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

How about a map inside a hook factory?

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

Or if we stay at indoor maps, it should be an old bunker with prisons and stuff, where you never see the heaven, not even at the exitgates. Some kind of secret area where really bad things happend in the past.

That sounds like the bar i usually go to
  • Rex_Huin

. Some kind of secret area where really bad things happend in the past.

The Dead by Daylight killer design team office?

• Rex_Huin

A pirate boat would be good. Is a boat indoor or outdoor?

• Eveline
    Could be both.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Hillbilly's power is useless on indoor maps and are I find them hard to play on And no I'not against them. They could add a map that has a mix of a complex 1-2 story half demolished buildings really close to each other which is set on outskirts of the field.

• Rex_Huin

@HellDescent said:
    Hillbilly's power is useless on indoor maps and are I find them hard to play on And no I'not against them. They could add a map that has a mix of a complex 1-2 story half demolished buildings really close to each other which is set on outskirts of the field.

Even on Meat Plant? There are some decent spaces there I would have thought for chainsaw action? I don't think I have ever played against a hillbilly on that map though.

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Maybe a map that is a maze
  • Anzi130
    Milo said:

That’s a great idea actually!

That would be awesome!

PigNRun said:

I completely agree :)

IKR?  I never really understood how a chapel and a circus/carnival made sense together.. its actually one of my least favorite maps.

switch said:

Actually, for me That’s the point. I love that its hard to figure out.. makes it more interesting i Think 
  • switch

@Anzi130 I dont mind not finding gens quickly, its just whenever you need to juke/catch up its basically "i hope there is something here".
    Planing a route its part of being able to juke having no idea where you run makes the game boring and rng, players should be rewarded for skill (kinda) not luck.
    Indoor maps are not good for the game trust me you can ask every player with atleast 1000hrs on both sides and they would say the same

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Rex_Huin said:

@HellDescent said:

Even on Meat Plant? There are some decent spaces there I would have thought for chainsaw action? I don't think I have ever played against a hillbilly on that map though.

Meat plan has a decent open area upstairs. Best map for hag.

• Anzi130

Vietfox said:
    What about "moving maps"? Map could be a ship on the sea and gates would be lifeboats.
    Actually, that would be awesome!

• Anzi130
    switch said:

@Anzi130 I dont mind not finding gens quickly, its just whenever you need to juke/catch up its basically "i hope there is something here".
    Planing a route its part of being able to juke having no idea where you run makes the game boring and rng, players should be rewarded for skill (kinda) not luck.
    Indoor maps are not good for the game trust me you can ask every player with atleast 1000hrs on both sides and they would say the same

I totally get your point here.. i understand that these maps are hard to Master, but That’s kinda why i like them. They pose more of a challenge, and also i Think that many of the outdoor maps are too similar, so sometimes they get boring.. my favorite outdoor maps are haddonfield and springwood, but they also have areas inside, so maybe That’s why i ikke them, and all the other outdoor maps have the same foresty feel to them..

• switch

I feel like 2 indoor maps are enough atm, they always could add more in the future i just want new realms without being indoor.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Yes I want more indoor maps... I feel like they're the unique maps in the game.
  • Anzi130

That is an awesome idea!

I would love a Jail indoor map. Even an outdoor jail map would be awesome!

Rex_Huin said:

A pirate boat would be good. Is a boat indoor or outdoor?

I’d say it could be both :)
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I want the new map to have different variations. Only 1haddonfield map only 1 springwood, institute and mothers dwelling. Don't be lazy just tweak and add a few features.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@AshleyWB said:
    I want the new map to have different variations. Only 1haddonfield map only 1 springwood, institute and mothers dwelling. Don't be lazy just tweak and add a few features.

Did you just imply it's lazier to create an entirely new map than it is to create variations of it?

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

@ProfoundEnding said:

I think I remember them saying that the clown's wagon and horse etc 'might' appear in other realms, which is why he doesn't have his own realm and that the new Crotus map has nothing to do with the Clown and maybe a hint as to a future killer.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Orion said:

@AshleyWB said:

Did you just imply it's lazier to create an entirely new map than it is to create variations of it?

No I'm implying that a little more dlc maps the better. It's what everyone wants different areas in the same chapter. It's lazy to just accept 1 map variation is enough. It shouldn't be difficult to tweak some things and make a map feel different.