We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Gen Speed (new Ruin) means learning new killers won't be fun

So, gen speed is here to stay. Now even novice players can work on a gen at the start of the game with no slow down and not be pushed off because of the large maps.

What will happen with a new killer (for example, the Oni) arrives on the scene. Obviously chases will be long because you are learning the killer. But gen speed will still be absurdly fast and you will not enjoy the new killer. Even if you stick with it, it will take a while to get the perks.

Current Gen Speed = No desire to buy or learn new killers

But the developers have consistently downplayed the killer's experience and perspective since the beginning of this game.

Comments

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523
    edited January 2020

Mettle of Man, Decisive Strike, Balanced Landing, Autodidact, Self-Care, Brand New Part, Insta-heals nerfs.

Sabotage no longer making hooks permanently broken, removing majority Infinite Loops, Less Pallets, killer perks are more reliable.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280

Killer perks are more reliable? Are you joking?

Dead. Hard.

Adrenaline.

Borrowed time.

Decisive strike (even after nerf).

These are the strongest perks in the game and the most reliable.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Dead Hard is a bit... Odd, especially on dedicated servers - it will either be good or bad. You may end up getting hit anyway and on the ground exhausted.

Adrenaline is hit or miss - either strong or useless.

Borrowed Time can be countered by stealth killers or Insidious.

Decisive Strike can be waited out.

• themirrortwin

Even with limitations, they are the most reliable perks. No perk is flawless, but no killer perk can compare to this set.

• Hex_Raider
    Hex_Raider Member Posts: 37

Ruin wasn't a guarantee in the Bloodweb... please stop grasping at straws.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

I was thinking that the other day: they're going to force out new killers and even less people will be inclined to learn new killers because games will be over as soon as you start to know what you're doing.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

And even with all of that Survivors are still by far the most powerful in the game if they actually work as a team.

If BHVR made survivors weak enough that 1 killer could reliably get 2 kills 2 escapes against a SWF full team of survivors of equal skill to the killer, almost every solo survivor player or casual survivor player would leave or complain because: “The game is too hard, I actually have to try to win now”.

”I can’t carry my team to victory alone because the other 3 have to actually pull their weight like every other team based game ever.”

• anormalman
    anormalman Member Posts: 105

They need accurate stats.

• TheObamacare
    TheObamacare Member Posts: 29

Dead Hard is free... Janky or not its a get out of jail free card, or extends Chase's at the very least.

Adrenaline is one of the best swf and reliable perks as you can combo with it.

Borrowed time? What... It still stalls for time. Reguardless. A good survivor needs just one unhook at end game and it's over.

DS I will not accept anything other than that it is too strong. It has been buffed, "nurfed" and "nurfed" again, however it is still so strong. In addition to "waiting" as it is put that is still a forced action still granting value off the perk. So that is the most reliable perk in the game. You get value if you have it up, you get value if you don't. Heck you sometimes get value not even running the perk if the killer is being safe.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

I mean... we can agree it was too OP for a late game perk.

New ruin is even stronger in the late game then the old one, it frees up the slot for noed and hope it won't get broken before it starts existing :D

• Lyfe
    Lyfe Member Posts: 197

If you’re a decent killer you remember who has dead hard and you wait for it. It’s not rocket science. BT countered by hitting the unhooker. The only slightly valid argument you have here is Decisive strike.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Is the fun in your games really tied to a perk?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

You can't counter someone who uses dead hard to make it to a window or pallet when they screw up...you literally can't unless you're nurse or something.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Individual killer ranks could fix that.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

But it will be GREAT and FUN and less FRUSTRATING for NEW SURVIVORS.

So that means it's a good thing.....

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

DS was only nerfed for a short period of time, then once they added in the uncounterable 5 second stun I think it was a buff overall

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    edited January 2020

I play oni, plague, legion ,flowerface and every killer without ever using ruin and I have fun playing.

Too bad for the sweaty ones who can't play any killer without ruin because they can't taking a "loss". Lol.

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

There's certain killers that will become nearly obsolete at higher ranks with no Ruin.

• Calabrum
    Calabrum Member Posts: 102

If anything this new ruin is an indirect buff for adrenaline. Why? Because the odds of all of the gens being completed is about to rise significantly. Then once the survivors notice, they will all run adrenaline. All of them.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

learning new killers wont be fun? You're assuming Ruin would even pop up in the killer web for a person playing new killers in the first place. I can barely find 2 of the perks i like within 50 levels.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

I'm telling new killers to just quit, it's not worth it

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

With ruin nerfed and less killers using it, it will allow the devs to identify the main problem in gen speeds.

Dont play killer less, play it more. Tough it out so that you can finally see a survivor nerf to Gen speed

• themirrortwin
    edited January 2020

Exactly, everything is focused on the New Survivors, but not the New Killers.

• Lyfe
    Lyfe Member Posts: 197

Wait, a perk meant to create distance is used to create distance? That’s INSANE! Dead Hard pretty much allows them to get one maybe two more loops depending on the power of the tile and if you loop optimally. They used a perk that has a 40 sec cool down and can pretty much be used once per chase.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

but dont people play the killers to get their adept first or is that just me? i couldnt imagine only playing a killer if i had a full well built loadout for them... of course ruin makes a difference in how good you do but other perks can help too, if you really wanna learn the killer shouldnt you play them at their weakest to see what you need to improve on?