The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I suck at survivor

I dont know what it is but i can not escape for the life of me. I play on Xbox and ps4 and I dont know if it is a connection issue somtimes or what because the killer can hits me miles away it seems like. The bend around corners while I drop a pallet and they appear on the side I am on gets me every time. I was twitch streamers and their character seems fast and keeps a distance. I just plain suck i guess. Not sure if I walk around to not get exhausted and wait to run for chase or what

Comments

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

There's a bug on consoles that allow the killers to sometimes teleport hit through a pallet sometimes but they don't know that it happens. Also, learn pathing and loops and jungle gym patterns and you'll get better.

• athrophex
    athrophex Member Posts: 4
    Yeah ive just been grinding trying to get the survivors to lvl 50 and going for their perks. Looping cant be frustrating because I tend to run looking behind me and get stuck by something dumb lol
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

It takes time to get used to the mind games and chase mechanics when you are newer, in the beginning it can make you feel helpless but with play time you will start to catch on to where the killer is in relation to you and plan accordingly in chase. I find survivor can be pretty self sufficient without perks, I personally like the perks from Claudettes perk pool. I like to use Self Care, Empathy, Botany Knowledge, and switch out the last slot to try something different.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Honestly, this game is a mess on console.

• Fengminni
    Fengminni Member Posts: 99

@athrophex said:
    I dont know what it is but i can not escape for the life of me. I play on Xbox and ps4 and I dont know if it is a connection issue somtimes or what because the killer can hits me miles away it seems like. The bend around corners while I drop a pallet and they appear on the side I am on gets me every time. I was twitch streamers and their character seems fast and keeps a distance. I just plain suck i guess. Not sure if I walk around to not get exhausted and wait to run for chase or what

If you can try to play on PC if you are really into the game and would not be bothered spending money on it again. Console has a lot of issues currently, things like teleporting also occur on PC on occasion but not like everyday or every week. It is really harder to play on console and harder to juke the killer I find.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

There's a bug on consoles that allow the killers to sometimes teleport hit through a pallet sometimes but they don't know that it happens. Also, learn pathing and loops and jungle gym patterns and you'll get better.

Yeah the pallet issue is super annoying. I wish they would fix it. Been screwed over by it so many times.
  • Greater_Cultist
    Greater_Cultist Member Posts: 81

@athrophex said:

Map awareness and Situational awareness, combine that with some perks and knowing what to do when (not saving when a killer is nearby, etc.), and you'll be an okay survivor.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Add me I’ll help you learn things TheHeroLives 
    I’m on ps4