So many -rep salt comments on steam...

BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

It sucks honestly that if you play Killer, you cant let your steam profile comments open because you will get every match atleast 1 salty -rep comment, it doesn't has to be -rep at all. I mean overall salty comments. I personally love letting positive feedback to players that played well in my game maybe this person will write a funny or nice message to my profile too. Overall I like the steam profile comment feature but on Dbd it is just use to leave some salt after a game. It is mostly the same "Trash Killer uninstall", "Tunneler", "Camper", "Tryharding" etc. Fun fact most of the time I didnt even played like that. For sure I can just delete those comments, but it is annoying doing that after every game.

Do you have the same experience or am I just really unlucky?

Comments

• BenZ0

@honestlybaffled

Sad but true :/

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Yes. Survivors enjoy playing only one side. They dont care to learn about the other side.

• BenZ0

@28_stabs

Atleast it seems like that. Especially the most survivors love calling killers "Tunneler" or "Camper" without even knowing how that was looking from the view of the Killer. If a survivors gets unhooked and instead of running to a pallet or save spot they run open field around, obviously I will go for the slug. I am suppose to make pressure not waiting until you are healed xD

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited January 2020

I've had matches that I could of ended before Survivors even did their third gen, but then I let them all leave, and give them hatch. Then they still flame me in chat and call me cancer.

So I've stopped. Mori's for everybody!

• BenZ0
    edited January 2020

@Pythonheir

Agree. Even today, 2 ppl decided to dc because I hitted them with the oni flick around a corner. Then I felt bad because 2 dcs at the start of the game. I downed 1 survivor and ran on purpose to the laurie to pallet save me. Then she teabagged me and they both were hiding for like 10 min. I was really done, I just wanted to let them escape and go to the next game but they were STILL hiding. So when I found them I just straight up killed them and then they insulted me in the chat for beeing a hearthless ######### and I should kill myself.

• honestlybaffled
    honestlybaffled Member Posts: 175

I've literally had that before too.

Its painful indeed, which is why I only play killer when I'm feeling resilient.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Call them genrushers and sweaty loopers. xD Thats all you can do as long as they dont understand killer.

• BenZ0

@28_stabs

Nah I just write "Well and you got killed by that bad camping and tunneling Killer". The reactions are different but always funny :D

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Ok, just make your profile private.

• Boaris030
    Boaris030 Member Posts: 145
    edited January 2020

I leave mine open, I get some pretty spicy stuff. Mostly swearing, so if I went into full detail I'd probably get in trouble.

However, my favorite is one I thought was pretty funny. My profile has a pretty rough description of who i am (the basics- what I play, etc.)

This guy comments: "Cringe profile description, this isn't My Space -Rep"

I just throw a comment back saying Ouch my fragile self esteem

Dude actually comes back, "With a profile like this I bet"

But what I've always found odd is that before I started playing Dead By Daylight is that I've never got that many profile comments before. Now after playing the game for a few years I have received multiple comments throughout the whole year, Always going -Rep tunneled, camped, played X killer.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

My favorite is +rep fairplay killer and same guy -rep plays nurse (before the nerf)

• BenZ0

@Boaris030

Same I feel like the amount of Steam profile comments sky rocketed when Dbd came out, I guess there is no other game where ppl comment under profiles like in Dbd xD Thats actually crazy

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

Had someone accuse me of hacking today due to them not hearing my TR as Bubba. One of their teammates had to stop them to point out that I was running Nemesis. Unfortunately, you get ppl that have a very narrow view of the game and quickly lash out when they don't understand why something happened the way it did.

• BenZ0

@LordGlint

Yeah someone called ma a Hacker because I used Dark Devotion on Doctor xD

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

I also have lots of people who +rep me when i play killer. I think it is about 50/50 for me.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    edited January 2020

Whenever i 4K or do well in red ranks, most of the time i got the -rep tunneler, camper as thier excause for getting destroyed by the Legion witch makes thier situation more pathetic, even thought I most of the time I don't tunnel. Altough i keep all the gold comments where salty survivor write something more than -rep.

The only thing that suck in this situation, is the fact that people are judging me basing on my steamprofile comments, written by survs with private profile/locked comments with only one comment written by thier fridnd saying "+rep good survivor"

This #########'s pathetic.

• BenZ0
    edited January 2020

@Ksoni

Agree, even funnier, I have a link to my main profile on my steam profile where I play dbd, on my old acc I got banned. And mostly the salty survivors check my main account and stalk everything there just to write me that I am a peace of ######### and should get banned again xD

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

I typically dont even bother denying it when someones like that, and just say "yup, you know it" or something.

• Xetoil
    Xetoil Member Posts: 94

I always find it really surprising that players who engage in this sort of behaviour believe that they've done something meaningful by the end of it.

Like sure, you left -rep on my profile, but what is "rep", how is it quantified, and who actually cares enough about it to deny me something I can't get elsewhere based on it? Even if it had ramifications that mattered, I can just delete the comment so what have you done?

And yet people will still do it.

• BenZ0

@Xetoil

Exactly, it doesnt make sense at all, it is just annoying xD

• Ultama160
    Ultama160 Member Posts: 11

I see it as a badge of honor

• Psypho_Diaz
    Psypho_Diaz Member Posts: 185

I always thank the killer that plays nurse. It's either a really easy match cause she is the most difficult to learn or really hard (and scary) cause they played her well.

Either way, nurse killers are very rare so I try to encourage them to keep playing her.

• O_Connor
    O_Connor Member Posts: 1

The question was asked and I answered. No need to get snarky. Or are people only allowed to answer yes on this thread?

Even if I was willing to spend money on DbD, I don’t care to buy collectibles from any game/media that I may enjoy. They’re just not my thing.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Surprisingly, I don't have the same experience. I'm at rank 1 and I get more GGs than I do salt. When I started to consistently reach and stay at red ranks, especially rank 1, I expected to be bombarded with salt. I guess I just happen to get most of the nice Survivors somehow.

• GODQueenEvy
    GODQueenEvy Member Posts: 63

just remove them :D Keep enjoying the way you play.. 😉

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Someone sent a death threat in the comments and I reported

The account got banned, guess the user did that to plenty of killers

Remember to report if the comment is too horrible!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Does putting -rep even do anything?

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

It used to years ago. If you got enough -reps you could end up having your profile temp banned. Steam got rid of that feature because of abuse and harassment. For whatever reason the +rep/-rep thing carried on as a custom even after they lost their power.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Reminds me of a old saying. Give someone a like button, they will use it in a fair and honest way. Give someone a dislike button and they will abuse it.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2020

Take your katana and commit seppuku for tunneling. I just started to care of my fun and you know? Feels great to ignore their barking