The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why do people think The Plague is worse than Myers?

Moox
Moox Member Posts: 40

Btw I am judging these killers at their base abilities. No add ons, no perks

I often see people playing Myers, Ghostface, and Oni, but never any Plague killers. Myers, Ghostface, and Oni all have the same capability to put survivors into the dying state with a single attack, along with another attribute. For example, Ghostface & Michel have the choice to be stealthy (which can be trumped by perks) and Oni can go into a high-speed dash to easily traverse around the map if the conditions are met. The Plague, however, can easily keep all of the survivors in the injured state for easy pickings with little effort unlike Myers, Ghostface, and Oni. The Plague is also good for tracking because infected survivors will produce more noise and leave signs of infection on objects that are interacted with (can not be trumped with perks to my knowledge). Additionally, if survivors do cleanse, (which from what I've seen usually don't) you can gain the ability to damage survivors with a projectile (that is more difficult to avoid then a hatchet) for a period of time. Because of this, I believe the Plague is underrated. After all, this is all just an opinion, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2020

The lack of people playing Plague has less to do with how strong she is and more to do with the fact that she never gets to use her power all game so she's just walking around M1'ing. That isn't fun for most people. A killer that never gets to use their abilities is flawed in design.

The emblem system is also messed up for her so it's much more difficult to pip with her. Not uncommon to depip with a 4k on her.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I feel cleansing and pallet baiting will be the new meta soon. Once you do that Plague plays more like Freddy I would say. Or maybe Doc? She's pretty unique.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

I don't play Plague because I can't stomach vomit horror.

Hah.

• Moox

I don't play the plague often so I wouldn't really know if she is exactly boring, but from my understanding of her she seems like a decent killer and maybe even better than Myers even if she doesn't use her Corrupt Purge or whatever its called. :p

• shootaman777
    shootaman777 Member Posts: 138

Injuring a survivor with the Plague's infection does not count as a hit for the Brutality emblem, but when they cleanse back to full health, it counts against the Plague as healing for negative Brutality emblem points. In other words, the best way to rank up with Plague is to never touch her power.

Additionally, survivors can heal in 6 seconds in a fountain, whereas against Myers they have to deal with normal healing times (16 seconds normally, or 32 with Self-Care).

The Plague's entire power is countered by survivors not cleansing. Her entire M2 is worthless if survivors never cleanse - the no-heal meta that was the death of Legion, is just as much the death of the Plague. This also makes one-hit-downs worthless on the Plague.

Myers has an effective one-hit-down that the Plague does not. It can be activated on command, rather than being fully dependent on survivors cleansing at a conveniently located fountain.

Her power does not have any mindgaming potential, like Myers' power does.

It's fairly straightforward. The Plague is trash compared to Myers. And Myers isn't good in the first place. It's saddening, truly.

• PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239
    edited January 2020

I tried to play Plague a lot when she came out, but got frustrated by the projectile speed of her vomit, constantly missing my target. Even when I tried leading the survivor, I end up hitting whatever we are looping around. Now, I only play her for dailies.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

######### are you talking about. Plagues 1 hit down is based on the Survivors not cleansing.

Them cleansing is omega-huntress, but not a 1 hit down.

• Moox

Now I think about it, there is Iridescent Head. But no Iridescent Vomit.

What now Behavior?

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Most times you don't get to use Corrupt. And even if you manage it via an apple, the maps are so large that half the time is eaten just by crossing.

Second, endgame. This has been a personal annoyance for me. Good survivors cleanse only after all gens pop. That gives them all a free heal, and since you can't infect fast enough, and corrupt isn't an instadown, 9 times out of 10 that means they escape.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,286

I feel like people GREATLY undervalue the increased lunge range and vaulting speed of T3 Myers. The guy is alot more than just "Exposed, the power". Just because Plague can M1 a broken survivor, doesnt mean she does the same as a T3 Myers. Theres also a pretty big upside to 1 shotting a healthy survivor as Myers vs hitting a broken survivor with Plague, that being the lack of Dead Hard being an option. Dead hard for distance can often times be the saving grace of a survivor making it to a pallet or window they otherwise wouldnt have.

Apart from that... Plague's BP gain is also pretty bad as well as her emblems.

• Moox
  • Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I see Plague being put over Myers in a lot of tier lists and I definitely agree with that statement. I think people don't play her too often because she becomes a M1 killer with instant downs if survivors don't cleanse and her emblems and BP gain tend to be pretty bad. But I started to see a lot of high ranks survivors cleansing like crazy lately, so the no cleanse meta seems to be pretty much gone in my experience.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited January 2020

I think it's because she has to work for her one shot more than myers or ghostface because she lacks the stealth they have and Oni while he can feel just as bad as plague does at the start does get the added movement bonus from his one shot ability as long as he can atleast hit 2 survivors. Her buff that she can get can be ignored because it's up to survivors if she gets to use her corrupt purge so it's not reliable unless she has the apple addons and even then the timer can be waited out and thats all you get out of that apple.

• shootaman777
    shootaman777 Member Posts: 138
    edited January 2020

Apologies, I poorly phrased that. I meant to say 'one-hit-down perks/abilities' were worthless on the Plague, as survivors were already injured.

Additionally, if you've ever countered poor old Legion, you would know that injured survivors can loop just as well as healthy survivors, especially against a killer with effectively no killer power with which to shorten a chase. There's a reason that 'just don't heal' is a meta that the best players follow, and either don't heal until endgame or run Adrenawin.

I referred to Corrupt Purge as a one-hit-down, as it would be used against infected/injured survivors to be able to actually shorten a chase, if one of them were foolhardy enough to cleanse. But, it is worthless, as it is normally activated far from survivors at an infected shrine, giving them plenty of time to hide and run down the clock.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited January 2020

Shhhh....* whispering *Stop trying to get more people to play Plague... we Plague mains know she's way better than most players believe, and we don't want her in the "nerf this killer" spotlight.

• Rivyn

I've actually been using NOED on her. It replaced Ruin for the moment, as I'm trying new builds. NOED has made up for that endgame cleansing they do. So, for one hit perks, that one works.

• TKTK

Thats a good point too, the fact they made it depend on survivors if she can get it and she has to go a certain part of a map, depending on what map you may have to walk across the map to where no gens or survivors are to get it and waste time really shows how poorly implemented and thought out the means of getting corrupt purge is.

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

Mainly I would say because the Vomit is really bugged with dedicated servers, making it fly through survivors without hitting them.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539

Solution - don't worry what other people think. They are entitled to their own thoughts.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

yeah, sure... * nervously looks around * I'm joking... pretty funny joke huh? * winks*

• Rivyn

If you were around just before/after Stranger Things release, you'd remember the dozens of Plague posts that popped up alongside Spirit about her being broken OP unfun nerf now posts.

• TKTK

Anything players are ignorant of or don't want to play against they will complain about, thats how it is with alot of games.

• NuclearBurrito

Anyways as for the topic of Myers vs Plague.

I personally consider them to be the 2 Killers that are the closest in terms of strength.

Just looking at their base kit the advantages of each are like this:

Myers:

• Tier 1 Stealth
    • Tier 2 Limited stealth with an instant down combo. Also small vaulting boost
    • Tier 3 Instant down. Lunge range. Bigger but still small vaulting boost.

Plague:

• Instant down combo at all times
    • Early game objective tracking via infecting other objects
    • Lesser but still present late game objective tracking via infections
    • Hard counters any and all healing perks/items/whatever
    • Also corrupt purge exists I guess (but who really cares if it's never used)

Just looking at that, while I know I made Plague's list longer it's pretty obvious Myers has more going for him in his base kit.

However, Plagues strength comes from how her benefits allow for amazing build synergies. And no I don't mean addons though I'd argue that she has better addons too.

Thanataphobia? Basically permanent

Infectious/knock out? Plague can slug really well due to everyone being injured at all times. Myers can do it too but it is less reliable due to tiering mechanics.

TR manipulation perks? Stealth is the #1 best way to capitalize on injured Survivors. They are loud and can be 1 shot without warning. Plague works great with perks like Dark Devotion, Monitor, Tinkerer ect. Myers works with Monitor, but in general he doesn't have both stealth and instant down potential at the same time, so he needs a lot more setup to make use out of whatever perks he's trying to combo for this.

PWYF? Vile purge doesn't consume stacks and 1 shot Survivors take only 1 token to down.

Honestly the new PWYF + Nemesis combo is nutty on Plague.

Deliberately get up to 3 stacks, and then use that speed to just go at people for quick downs, procing Nemesis again to regain stacks.

Nemesis also applies Oblivious which is extremely dangerous for injured Survivors to have.

Anyways even with all of this Plague isn't better than Myers, but her superior synergies with the games perks let her keep up with Myers. So both of them are about equal in overall strength.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

I would compare plague to legion, honestly. They see you, you are injured. Then you run around M1ing people because your power does nothing after that.

She is super strong but also just really boring to play. Legion is way more satisfying to run around stabbing people like crazy.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Disagree, he is super boring and perk synergies aren't even that effective because there aren't enough ways to make use of alot of them since he's slower than normal when not using his power.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I think people have began to realize how strong Plague can be. I’ve run into quite a bit of Vommy Mommy players. Albeit...most of them run the same basic ######### “Forever Plague” build.

Imma just keep quiet because I’m a Plague main and I’ve seen enough “Nerf Plague” posts.

• HauntedMandalorian
    HauntedMandalorian Member Posts: 99

I have a ton of fun playing as The Plague. I've had a few horrible matches playing as her, but I've mostly had very strong matches as her! She's a lot of fun to play as.

That said, she's frustrating to go against when someone knows how to use her properly.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

With her synergies, she definitely outclasses Myers, not just "keep up" with him.

• NuclearBurrito

tbh with Nemesis + PWYF maybe. I originally made this comparison before Nemesis was added.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

Yeah she the one killer I play alot that I find hard to rank up with , I don't care for rank but I always notice I don't rank as well, I'm getting hooks, kills ect 4k kills and I'm like oh these end of match results basically tell me I did nothing when I know I did lol

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

You know I was thinking about this the other day, about how similar they both are. Obviously Plauge isn't sliding her a** over pallets but she doesn't need to lol