How many of you have switched roles?

Options
2»

Comments

• shootaman777
    shootaman777 Member Posts: 138
    Options

Been playing both sides, back and forth since June 14th, 2016. I play survivor if I want some low-key, stress-free, easy wins. Usually, I play survivor inbetween frustrating matches of killer, as playing killer is a stressful exercise in time management.

I don't like to SWF, though, and prefer to soloqueue. SWF gives so much information that I have a hard time not falling asleep with the abundance of information that teammates can provide, because I don't have to pay attention and discern information for myself. All that leaves is holding M1 on generators until the exit gates are powered, and that gets rather dull, quickly.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

I can understand that. However I don't have a lot of survivor experience so part of the fun for me is the strategizing with 1 or 2 other players in an attempt to get us all out.

It may get boring sometime in the future if I ever get to be a really good survivor. But now I'm enjoying the challenge of trying to loop.

Plus it can only make me a better killer!

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

I still enjoy playing killer more than survivor, but once I hit low purple and red ranks I usually switch to survivor. The matches become stale at that point with most survivors running the same meta loadout which pressures me to run meta when I just want to run meme builds nowadays.

• shootaman777
    shootaman777 Member Posts: 138
    Options

Hope you enjoy it for as long as you can. Just remember to not make excuses to convince yourself that you still enjoy it, once the enjoyment wears off. A lot of people do this and end up being miserable, but keep coming back to DbD. Not sure if I'd call it an addiction, or intentional self-delusion, but it's where a number of players I know are at.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I’ve always played survivor more than killer, I do however play both roles in red ranks.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    Options

If you really think DS and BT can't be abused to use them effectively against killers that are not camping/tunneling honestly I don't even want to start a discussion with you.

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632
    Options

2 years ago i was 90% killer 10% survivor but now its 95% survivor 5% killer unless im doing the new rift challenges. i changed because survivor is more chill even solo and i dont get the toxic and/or hate messages for doing well. Sadly i feel i play the game less and less though, this ruin change has made lobby q`s insane due to killer changing sides or quitting, plus it will make survivor far too easy and games too fast, i dont wanna be in a lobby searching for 15mins for a 5min game. id much rather play survivor having a long and challenging game than and easy one over too quickly

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

Right now I'm maining killer cuz of surv queues, but when (if) it gets normal I'il play both equally

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

The damage the ranking system has done may be irreversible sadly. They would have to reset everyone very far back and that won't happen. Hopefully dbd doesn't die because the devs took the advice of salty killers one time.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

I've been playing survivor only for 2 weeks now. Gave up on the Killer part after 4800 hours

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

I play both sides. For the first year I started (2018), I played survivor a majority of my time.

Last year, I played about 70% killer and 30% survivor.

Nowadays I play survivor when I either don’t care about bloodpoints or I’m playing with friends.

I prefer survivor but queue times are too long and you don’t get nearly enough bloodpoints. So I play killer a majority of the time.

• palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    Options

I used to play both sides equally ish, maybe a bit less killer when killer queue times were terrible, but right now I'm basically only playing killer because survivor queue time has been terrible for the past couple months at purple and red ranks, and games are too short to deal with it. I don't get too much time to play, especially when I got college classes.

Right now I'm trying to find a less stressful way to play killer, since I used to play survivor games to calm down. Really put me in a bad mood when I almost got the huntress adept achievement but getting dsed by the second to last survivor (anti tunnel btw) actually hurt my emblem score just enough to deny me merciless killer. I've just started playing clown with devour hope (gives me another goal) and bloodhound (I'm a bit color blind and there's nothing to brighten scratches so I'll take blood), and bamboozle (because I'm not gonna bother with near infinite loop headaches), and pop (to slow down the game because hey why not, might switch it out for something else more fun though once I level him up). I'm not gonna care how many kills or emblems for now, just slappin survivors and laughing, maybe I'll do that with doc too.

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357
    edited January 2020
    Options

You can only have DS for 1 minute after an unhook. So either you're tunnelling or you're just unlucky the minute hasn't expired when you have hooked someone else and found them again.

Borrowed time only triggers when unhooking in a terror radius. So the only way you're going to notice it has been done is if you tunnel the one who just got unhooked, of course they may take a hit to try and protect the unhooker too.

Either way none of this is abuse this is using perks that are in the game. Your fixation on how the are being abused and how unfair it is on YOU as the killer is the problem. Not the perks or the way they are being used.

I rarely get hit with DS and the only time I see BT is when someone who has been unhooked tries to block my path so I'll hit them away so I can go after who unhooked them.