Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How in the name of bing bong do you fight a nurse

Link
Link Member Posts: 135

I spawn into a game, literally no joke take a step forward and i already see a nurse coming at me, she had a legacy melee and bloody clothes, I try to juke her in every way i know how but failed both times she went for the hit. I can never find out how to combat nurses cause they use their first blink to close in and the second one to land the hit, by the time i go to do some spin or run a different direction they already hit me. she feels so broken to fight against but she is backed up by the fact that it takes a lot of skill to play her which is why she feels broken. She's such a huge jump in power compared to the other killers, the only way to protect myself is to sit at a pallet and wait for the exact moment she gets out of her blink. other then that running is just pointless. I get that the best counter to a nurse is stealth but theres so many anti stealth perks in the game that i feel like theres no way to fight a nurse main. I get that the killer is meant to have the power but god damn i want to at least feel like i can delay getting downed for at least longer then 5 seconds. To sum it all up i feel like the nurse is broken and not broken. I have 1.7k hours in the game and still cant figure out how to fight a nurse, even a ok nurse can kick my ass.

Comments

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    This is what I love about going against a nurse! You can’t run them in circles! It’s basically who can mind game who the most! Make the route your running erratic! Try not to be predictable and if you play nurse you’ll know there are places you can’t blink through so use those to your advantage 
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Against a good Nurse, you can't do anything. You're really only trying to throw off her blinks as much as possible once she sees you. They've never normalized the required distance for blinking through certain objects, so abuse that as much as possible.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Ironwill and urban evasion

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    As the others said losing line of sight is vital to not dying. You could try running through her as she blinks though only do that if you think she is going to overshoot you then the second blink has to correct the first one. A perk that is suggested is dead hard since it forces her to miss her swing and sends her into extended fatigue. 
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    The blink is to close the distance, the second is to correct. (The best Nurses only really use two) The only way to escape Nurse is mind games and breaking LoS. Keep running at the first blink and if she charges a second run at her. Don't do this every single time as she'll fake you out and hit you. Use elevation to your advantage because it can be disoreintating for her to blink down or up. If she has a third blink or God forbid a fourth or fifth (terrible Nurses will often use that many to make up the enormous skill gap) you should count the blinks and adjust as necessary. If you're on a corn map, use the corn to get away, it's a nightmare for Nurse. And while if you get downed near the basement, it's gg, she can't take a blink near it else she blink down to the basement. Which can be a pain to blink back out of.

But the most important thing is breaking line of sight. If she can't see you she might try to use sound to locate you, and/or blink to where she thinks you are. If she can't see you, or hear you, the chances of escaping her go way up. Iron will is also incredibly useful for juking her while injured. 
  • Ashenstride
    Ashenstride Member Posts: 12

As far as running from a nurse goes, unpredictability is the name of the game. Don't always run to a pallet or a window if one is near because the nurse will expect you to use it against her and she's faster than you. Don't always run in a straight line away from her, hoping to juke at the last second. Use small objects, like rocks and trees against her because she can't lunge through them; force her to blink. Make use of stairs and short ledges/hills; get her to charge a blink and then jump off the stairs/ledge/hill back towards her, forcing her to waste a blink by looking at the ground or ceiling.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Link said:

I spawn into a game, literally no joke take a step forward and i already see a nurse coming at me, she had a legacy melee and bloody clothes, I try to juke her in every way i know how but failed both times she went for the hit. I can never find out how to combat nurses cause they use their first blink to close in and the second one to land the hit, by the time i go to do some spin or run a different direction they already hit me. she feels so broken to fight against but she is backed up by the fact that it takes a lot of skill to play her which is why she feels broken. She's such a huge jump in power compared to the other killers, the only way to protect myself is to sit at a pallet and wait for the exact moment she gets out of her blink. other then that running is just pointless. I get that the best counter to a nurse is stealth but theres so many anti stealth perks in the game that i feel like theres no way to fight a nurse main. I get that the killer is meant to have the power but god damn i want to at least feel like i can delay getting downed for at least longer then 5 seconds. To sum it all up i feel like the nurse is broken and not broken. I have 1.7k hours in the game and still cant figure out how to fight a nurse, even a ok nurse can kick my ass.

The only answer I have is bait, run far so she charges her teleport then run at her, rinse and repeat till she quits or exits are opened.
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

jUsT bReAk LiNe Of SiGhT

For real though, against a good Nurse there is ######### all you can do.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Link said:

A common misconception.
    In a horror game you are actually NOT supposed to fight the killer. Yeah I know, in DBD all other killers are so weak that you can fight them indeed, what is kinda ridiculous tbh.

Against a nurse you hide and try to escape, you DONT fight her

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135

Thanks for putting in all this advice everyone

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

You hope she sucks.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

If you can, be unpredictable.

• qpwoeiruty
    qpwoeiruty Member Posts: 98

I would play a few rounds as the nurse, to get a better understanding of the timing... That way when you are running from the nurse you can hear how long her blink is going to be and adjust your route (ie, if she hold the blink for maximum distance, you want to turn around and run towards her... ect.)

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Nurse, the only really scary killer that makes survivors not want to play tag and ring around the rosy with. Seen by a nurse... it just got real!

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

You have to be able to stealth.

I know it's hard because survivors are conditioned to loop but it's the only way.

Every once in a blue moon, I'll come across a survivor that can stealth. Said survivor is usually pretty hard to catch.

That said, devs are going to have to add more stealth and juke mechanics (not just for nurse but killers in general).

• Venom_91
    Venom_91 Member Posts: 13

As a nurse main, the hardest part of the chase is the exhaustion after a missed blink because is difficoult to track the survs movement so you can get an advantage.
    Another good strategy is stealth, and try to use the map to hide yourself.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    edited August 2018

one thing I do not see mentioned.

keep running near walls. It much harder to land those blinks when you near obstacles and much easier to lose LoS when you have something to lose it at.
    Also, flashlight can do magic on her, if used correctly. Mostly, if your teammates can stun her when you runaway. Or you blind her, it's much harder to concentrate with flashlight in your face.
    Running to completed engines (if there are any) is another option. As she HEAVILY relies on hearing it's much easier to juke LoS and sounds there. Beware of bloodstains though.
    Faking vaults is possible with her, when she has 2 blinks.

Also, half of the maps is stacked against her.

upd: fixed "do" to "do not see"

• Fres0c0
    Fres0c0 Member Posts: 115
    Best way to beat a nurse is to always be losing line of sight that way you can be undpredicable and dodge a hit 
  • NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271

@Link said:

You need to be lucky. If it's a pro nurse then you have no chance. If it's a noob nurse then you can just walk between trees and rocks and walk towards her when she's holding the blink

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Don't pallet loop the nurse, her real counter is stealth. Use perks that allow you to be stealthy such as Iron Will, Calm Spirit, and Urban Evasion. DBD should have more nurse like killers because your getting awarded for skill.
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

Forget it, just pray this incompetent dev team puts her in the dirt where she belongs. Just remember they nerfed freddy all while saying the nurse is perfectly balanced. :) lul