Please return the old animation!

2»

Comments

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Just an HONEST acknowledgement would be so great for every member in the forums, and taking our suggestions serious will benefit every player. These aren't balance suggestions but just animations and I haven't faced a single player who prefers the new ones over the old ones.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

I think speeding up the animation by x1.25 would still make it look realistic + u could "cut off" the part where the killer drops the survivor down before picking him up.

Also, what about the old pallet kicking animation? This has the similar timing and was looking tons times better back then, can we get at least this back?

• DarkFox85
    DarkFox85 Member Posts: 74

What if the animation only played when the other three surviors were already dead, or on hook?

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Would there be a way to create a new animation that would give this same appeal + atmosphere within the time limit? Not saying everyone feels this way, but me personally I feel the current grab is way too lackluster.

• Th0ughtless
    Th0ughtless Member Posts: 54

Yea I’m going to have to agree with some of the others here, it’s nice but it’s way too long for the games standards. If someone with a flashlight was nearby when this was going on, you would get stunned right out of the animation. Granted window/vault grabs are rare but they still have a fair chance of happening and it’s best to just leave it short and sweet so no unwanted percussions come from it.

• Animator
    Animator Member Posts: 372
    edited January 2020

And you didn’t even try, you didn’t do a community survey. How do you know that people would not like these animations? Release the PTB with all the old animations, and then release the survey (live poll on the forum), where there would be answer options for each animation. Then we'll see. But to say that they are too long and that you can save someone with a flashlight is all nonsense. How often can you capture a survivor with dedicated servers? 1 time in 10 games? 2 times? The same thing. The community must decide whether they need these animations or not.

Why don't you give players a choice? Why do you decide everything for them?

Changing these animations was the worst decision of the developers for the last 3 years.

• Animator

Most people here like old animations and they would gladly return them. So what is the problem of releasing PTB with all the old animations so that ALL players try them and express their opinion in a poll on the forum? These animations didn’t bother anyone, nobody complained about them and Suddenly the developers suddenly decided to take them and mutilate them for no reason! What an absurdity?!

• Animator
    edited January 2020

In extreme cases, they can be cut, as many players have suggested here. Instead of throwing the survivor to the floor, the killer will immediately throw him on the shoulder, BUT the animation will play the same as that played in that GIF animation. That is, the killer grabs the survivor by the leg, he resists, and then goes on the killer’s shoulder.

The same goes for the lobby lighting, by the way! Why did the developers suddenly decide to change it? No one, absolutely no one complained about the old lighting in the lobby! I don’t understand why no one agrees on such decisions with the community ?! Why no one arranges a poll on the forum "Do we need to change this animation / lighting in the lobby?" ??? I am deeply indignant at this behavior of the developers!

• VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319

true but the problem is that they made survivors too strong in general, i know at this point itll never happened but from game design to lore its clear balance should be in favor of killers. It would allow for slower stuff like this and darker maps. Easy fix for this specifically would be to make it so you just cant be blinded during the animation

• Animator

Yeah, great idea! Killers cannot be blinded during grab animation!

@MandyTalk @Peanits @not_Queen Do you hear? Here's a great idea on how you can bring back old animations in full and not suffer from flashlight dazzling!

• Animator

Listen to your community! They bring you great, compromise ideas that everyone can enjoy! Here is a great idea from @VoodooChild ! Great compromise!

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2020

Some if you should read what you wrote. It's hilarious. 😂

• Animator

@Peanits @not_Queen @MandyTalk So, you can please convey to the animators our request for the return of old animations. Well, if you do not want to return them in the form in which they are shown in the GIF animation, then why not trim them for 1 second? As people wrote above, let the killer grab the survivor by the leg, the survivor resists, but the killer pulls him anyway and instead of throwing him to the floor immediately throws him on his shoulder. Or you can go the other way and not allow the killer to go blind from the flashlight during the animation.

I'm sure developers will like this idea. In the end, everyone will be happy: the killer will not suffer from flashlights, and all players will be happy with the animation.

• Animator
    edited January 2020

@Almo Hi, maybe you can help us? Please.

• Animator
    edited January 2020

@Peanits @not_Queen Are you here? Why are you ignoring me?🙁

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Cool indeed.

Lengthy indeed.

I say no thank you.

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241

Unfortunately I don't think tagging them more frequently will help you, but I do want to add I wish the animations were back, the old atmosphere is what drew me to the game 3 years ago.

As an aside I've played for 2300 hours and never once been blinded during a vault grab

• Animator

Yes it is! For my 3,500 hours, too, I was never blinded during such an animation. I do not understand why everyone is talking about its duration. She is normal. With all the desire, it can be reduced even by 1 or 1.5 seconds. What a pity that people like to play an empty, gray game (I'm not talking about content).

• Animator
    edited January 2020

I have been writing this to developers for the past 3 years, but they stubbornly ignore such posts. Why is it so difficult to answer a similar post as follows:

Hello. We reviewed your offer and accepted it. Soon this and other old animations will appear in the game. Thank you for improving the gameplay!

But why? Why? Why? Whyyyyyy?😭

But people do not even want to think about how they can be optimized, they immediately refuse that the animation is too long. But look, in the comments, people themselves suggested great compromises for such animations!

• Animator

How I would like for this post to be read by some main animator of the game and to return these animations with pure enthusiasm so that the players would be happy....

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I do love the original animations having watched a bunch of old footage a few months back.

I wonder if the reason for the change was simply the timing of the grab? It seemed to take so long, whereas now, it's pretty fast.

• Animator

I dont know. The developers did not explain this change. Although no, it seems that they argued that the animation that was before was difficult to fix. I want to draw your attention to the fact that the animation shown in the GIF animation is a beta version. On the release, she was different, less spectacular and crooked. I don’t know why they replaced the beta version of the animation with the one on the game release. A rash move.

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

Agreed i wish there was more things like this to just add that horror scary feeling into the game more.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I would rather have it as a rare one, because it looks like it would take more time, which in a match, time is everything.

• Animator