Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What makes you think a survivor is a survivor main? (From Killers view)

BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

Often I see Killers blaming survivors and calling them as "survivor mains". They call them beeing typical toxic or small minded. When I was asking a Killer once why he used noed on spirit he said to me "A trash survivor main like you will never understand"... well apperantly I am Killer and Spirit main xD. He still didnt believed me and said my mother is fat and then left the chat.

Long story short what makes you think a survivor seems to be a survivor main? Because they are extremly toxic? Or use shiny skins? Or maybe they use flashlights? Tell me your reasons!

Comments

• MarksmanSpecal
    MarksmanSpecal Member Posts: 117

Noed on Spireh. Eehm, i also dont understand it xD

To answer the question: not knowing the perks they are going against. For example, getting called speedhacker when using wraith with both speed addons. Yesterday someone called me a cheater, because i played Demo and used Mad Grit, Iron Grasp, Agitation, and everytime i had a survivor on my shoulder, i tried to chase down another one using this perks. Something like that

• EZ5k
    EZ5k Member Posts: 233

How they react to certain perks or suggestions. For example, if you flame me for running PGTW, I know you've never played killer without ruin, and thus don't understand how difficult it is to maintain pressure

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

I had a match against a demogorgon where they were trying to get adept and basically just got zippo the entire match.

the "toxic" dwelf, after being bodyblock guided to the door even had to go back to the killer just to be downed so they could DS them....

Well in the endgame chat I said to the killer "good luck with the next match" as I knew this was a terrible match for them.

The Dwelf said: "he was going for the achievement"

I said "yes.... which is why im wishing him good luck on getting that in the next game(s)'

the Dwelf said: "he did not get it?"

This is a 1400 hour playtime Dwelf and he did not know at all the requirements of what it takes to get adept killer....

He apperently though you would just get it by playing one time with only the killer perks, thats it.

I have never encountered a player more worthy of the title " survivor main".

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

In my head, good survivors, toxic survivors and survivors that DC are all survivor mains.

Survivors that are good sports but potatoes or run around being silly are killer mains (i.e. players like me)

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

On the forums? Anyone who plays more Survivor than they do, so any time at all.

In reality? Someone who spends about 75% of their time (at least) playing on the Survivor side. At the moment, I would consider myself a survivor main, but one who understands killers.

I am taking a break from killer to focus on my archives and because with the matchmaking the way it is, I'm finding it really difficult to find a decent match.

• BenZ0

@MarksmanSpecal

Yep I would agree with that :D

• BenZ0

@NoOneImportant

Yea agree, they usually never agree with Killers because they maybe refuse to admit or dont want to stand out that they are not right at certain moments xD

• BenZ0

@JawsIsTheNextKiller

Well I would consider myself as a really good survivor because I am really good at learning things fast. And many Killers call me a survivor main, thats why I made this post, I wonder, are not survivor mains not allowed to play well or what? :D

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited January 2020

Not knowing the workings of perks, add-ons, and powers very well is a good indicator of a survivor main. Trying to hide from Scratch Mirror Myers. Crouching outside of the BBQ range hoping for the killer to pass by when its a high mobility killer like Nurse, or Billy. Disrespecting Nurses Calling on Nurse, Huntress, or Stealth killers.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

When they say Bubba is too strong, DS and BT need buffs. That's the biggest clue.

In all seriousness, it's mostly their attitude. A lot of survivor mains are very elitist, expecting the easy win, and being toxic more so than other types of players.

Now, I wouldn't expect a 4k to just drop in my lap, but I have to earn it. Every game is always in the balance.

Survivor mains (at least the true survivor mains I'm discussing here) don't really want balance. They expect to use their perks (Which are always Adrenaline, BT, DS, and Exhaustion perk of your choice.) and expect the killer to just deal with it.

• Raven014
  • BenZ0

@Raven014

You cant say this to all survivors but those who are like this leave the longest memorie to you behind. My best friend is a survivor main with 2k hours and he agrees that the ruin nerf is silly. And he understand Killers well.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Complaining in a very rude manner when I camped during Endgame. I avoid camping as much as possible, because I want to get as many Hooks and want to play nice. Like, if I lose with 4 people on Death Hook, at least I played nice and got a good bunch of points.

But if someone is on the Hook and Gates are powered or even on 99% or open, I will camp. And when someone calls me out for that and is REALLY pissed about that, I assume he is a Survivor Main (which I am also, but I play a decent amount of Killer as well). Like in one game, I got called out by some random Dude who escaped that I am a camper and some other words which I dont want to repeat here (I had to google them, since they were in another language than English (which is btw the worst thing to do, insult people in a language they dont understand...grow some balls and insult me in English)), while the guy who got camped and died was like "Its fine, he did not camp the whole game, only at the end". So I like people who actually understand it that it is the only thing a Killer can do at this point.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

No. Killer mains that play survivor are not allowed to play well, they must play like potatoes. If they play well then they are clearly Survivor sympethisers. 😉

• BenZ0

@Aven_Fallen

Agree, many ppl complain about camping in the endgame but that is just silly. What should you do else in endgame? Kicking gens or what? xD Thats just small minded from those ppl but well some ppl really dont like to look to the other side and like to complain. I had once a german salty survivor that tried to insult me in german but actually I am german too, that was a big oof moment for him xD

• BenZ0

@JawsIsTheNextKiller

Okey then ;C

• Raven014

That's why I specified about the arrogant ones. One of my best friends is a survivor main and she's the kindest person you'll ever meet. But even then, she plays some killer.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

When Survivors jump into a locker while i’m in Feral Frenzy. Not only do I see you, I can also grab you, then proceed to hook you.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Exactly. Or, when 3 Gens are close to each other and a Survivor is hooked there. There is no point in leaving that area, but this is also something some people dont understand. Of course as Killer you are most likely not standing next to the Hook, but when the potential area where Survivors can be is that limited, it is unavoidable to stay there.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Spoilt, lazy and unemployed = Survivor main

😉

• TheBilldozer
    TheBilldozer Member Posts: 154

I love how "Being toxic" is code for "better than the killer" - I had one killer tunnel me for nearly the entire duration of the match. He failed to dodge my flash blinds, failed to dodge pallets, failed to land his lunges. I had m axed Boldness by the time 3 generators were done.

In post game chat I asked him why he chose to tunnel me and lose:

"Because you're toxic and you deserved it."

I had pipped and he did not.

Moral of the story: modern gamers are salty, have weak constitution and are easily tilted into toxicity.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I guess you mean during the match, in which case: Nothing makes me think that.

If i see someone with Survivor-only achievements unlocked, then yeah.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

On the forums:

If someone clearly has a survivor bias and denies what a majority of killer mains saying to him.

In the game:

If I see some ashen/bloody surv in the match screen.

In the game I count then on a difficult match for me. In the forums I value a survivor opinion if we talk about topics where I think that a survivor main could know more about it as me.

However, if he denies what I saying to him about topics where I know more about as a killer I don't value his opinion anymore.

Survivor mains have regulary a high knoweldge about surv. releated topics. That is just in the nature of dbd and because of it, I know I can many things learn from them about survivor releated things.

However. The same counts for killer mains. If they show not the same respect towards killer mains, I don't think they needed longer to see as a discussion partner.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Survivor mains are players who red rank survivors and green or below killers. That's just my concept BTW

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

Failure to understand tactics, mainly. The biggest one is when people lose their minds over hook camping after gens are done. There is absolutely no upside for the killer to leave the hook and walk to the 99% exit gate. You'll usually get 2 survivors that flame you and one survivor that says something along the lines of "do ya'll even killer? Where are they supposed to go?"

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

People who sport the "Us vs. Them" and the "Filthy Killer mains" mentality is usually a survivor main.

• honestlybaffled
    honestlybaffled Member Posts: 175

Survivors that DC or tell killers to kill themselves on their profile.

Those are main (mono) survivors.

• BenZ0

@Tatariu

I do that while the Legion is in Frenzy almost hitting me, he will most likely miss. I pull that pretty often off and make Legiones miss^^ thats a really easy and underrated juke. But I know what you mean, some goes to me STILL on doctor when I am in shock mode.