We really need team-betrayer perks for survivors

Like in the "Deceit" game with a hidden infected (betrayer), that would make the game so much fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FigssqpQzHA

Possible perk ideas:

• Bertrayer: triggering noises around survs grant you BP
  • Backstabber: a cancelled unhooking grants you points while succeeding in onhooking injures you
  • Stocolm syndrome: can shout when staying standing (E key) to reveal you aura every, causes exhauistion, grants BP

Comments

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@chemical_reject said:
    Seeing the title of ur thread and then ur name made me laugh. 

awesome dude ^.^

• BACKSTABBER

@Tsulan said:
    While the idea sounds fun, it would result in more SWF groups. People would fill a full squad to avoid getting a random who betrays them.

sounds more than fun, is just another minigame but SWF... one never knows... I may betray my SWF for funz and BP

• BACKSTABBER
    edited August 2018

@Rattman said:
    TOP 10 ANIME BETRAYALS

the perks betrayal thingy is like a new minigame mode very enjoyable and for game balancing

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Honestly with this community I'd rather just play a match with 2 killers. With how much toxicity is out there this kind of play being rewarded would just make each game terrible. Besides, there's a report category for helping the killer for a reason.
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited August 2018

The people who blow gens, fail to unhook you and make lots of noise already exist. They are called rank 20's. It is not fun.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Lol yes ^, I already feel betrayed and a betrayer a lots of time in this game without the new modes. Some even bring the killer to me. :D
  • Rex_Huin

In all seriousness you can play the game in an anti-team way already.

• Run Bond and head towards other survivors in a chase hoping the killer will switch targets
    • Leave the last person on the hook while you look for the hatch
    • Don’t heal the other person if there are only 2 of you left and you want the hatch.
    • If two of you are on the gen and its nearly done leave early to get a head start

The ways are many.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346
    edited August 2018

Horrible idea.
    All it is , is some random ideas that just came into someones mind and they didn't think it trough properly.
    Doubt anyone would want to play with teammates who ######### you up on purpose, when it's already possible anyway.

Deceit has a different gameplay.
    People there are chosen RANDOMLY to be infected, and the whole game revolves around people who are infected lying to everyone and it's all about trusting and figuring out who is the infected.
    DbD is nothing like that.

A better idea would be something that some people already suggested - a killer who can shapeshift or something like that , to look like a survivor.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Rex_Huin said:

• Run Bond and head towards other survivors in a chase hoping the killer will switch targets
    • Don’t heal the other person if there are only 2 of you left and you want the hatch.
    • If two of you are on the gen and its nearly done leave early to get a head start

The ways are many.

This feels very familiar. I see 3 of these most matches.

• Rex_Huin

@fcc2014 said:

@Rex_Huin said:

The ways are many.

This feels very familiar. I see 3 of these most matches.

I think the hatch one is quite common. Incidentally I replied to you on another thread but the post was put into moderation. The PS4 update was to extend the BBQ event I think.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Rex_Huin said:

I think the hatch one is quite common. Incidentally I replied to you on another thread but the post was put into moderation. The PS4 update was to extend the BBQ event I think.

I appreciate the heads up about the update. I have seen the bond one many times and since the introduction of bitter murmur i have seen the leaving a generator early.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

No, the game needs to get away as much as possible from backstabbiing. In it's current state the fact that the game was designed balanced with teamplay as an option to win is why SWF is so unbalanced strong in the first place.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Agreed. I'd totally use it with a toxic swf :)

• Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94

We already have one, it's called No Mither.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

No thanks, i don't want even more DCs.
    Enough Survivors are already too scared of losing if someone has No Mither.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Honestly, I like the concept, but no idea how to successfully put it into practice. When I play survivor, I always solo. This concept would work good for a solo survivor. While there is teamwork in this game, it is not required to survive (rank up yes). I keep seeing how people should be forced into a specific playstyle, they do not want to have to play a certain way, then why not have this betrayer perk concept. If someone wants to play a game that screws over another survivor to survive and they consider it fun, lets have it.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    We already have one, it's called "We're Gonna Live Forever".
  • Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Okay I like the concept but there's one particular problem. Survive with friends in teams would pretty much destroyed with these type of perks now let me explain to you why.

One perk allows you to scream. That is bad all on its own because there's nothing stopping a survive with friends troop from having one particular scapegoat that runs decisive and has a purple flashlight in perks that make them damn near uncatchable on a map that the survivors chose to go to because of how bad it was.

There's nothing stopping them from having that guy run off at the mouth lowering your attention away. Again it feels like a crying wolf situation because you're running to a location expecting find a generator or something has gone awry just to realize that a prick is standing there with a flashlight waiting for you to chase them away and keep chasing them so everybody else can get the job.
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Okay I like the concept but there's one particular problem. Survive with friends in teams would pretty much destroyed with these type of perks now let me explain to you why.

One perk allows you to scream. That is bad all on its own because there's nothing stopping a survive with friends troop from having one particular scapegoat that runs decisive and has a purple flashlight in perks that make them damn near uncatchable on a map that the survivors chose to go to because of how bad it was.

There's nothing stopping them from having that guy run off at the mouth lowering your attention away. Again it feels like a crying wolf situation because you're running to a location expecting find a generator or something has gone awry just to realize that a prick is standing there with a flashlight waiting for you to chase them away and keep chasing them so everybody else can get the job.
     But they could always just use the screaming symbol like doctor's madness thing to prevent that from happening.
  • TreblucFayle
    TreblucFayle Member Posts: 75

One of my suggested character ideas was based on this.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/2563/survivor-suggestion-cultist-character-copy-from-steam-forums#latest

But mine was not so much "backstab" other players as subtly helping both sides.