To pip/win or for fun?

Options

How many of you (survivor or killer) play solely with the goal of pipping up or winning the game rather than for fun? Who plays just to have fun?

I'm of the opinion that it's easier to play for fun as killer (faster queue atm and not having a team rely on you) but its plausible as well to have fun as survivor if you enjoy running the killer around or something along those lines.

Personally, I play for fun as killer since I tend to get a decent amount of BP even when memeing around with ghostface or legion, but I know theres a lot (at least that I've seen) of killers and survivors that are only dead set on winning the game or pipping up.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I play to win as killer

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Win = fun ;)

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726
    Options

for fun (i dont need to kill anyone or survive to have fun)

but as surv if i will loot green or purple FL i want to escape (hoarder here)

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I get fun out of trying to win, so I guess it's kinda both? It's weird, because some games I get stomped and have fun, while others I can get stomped and have an awful time. I guess it just depends if I failed because of stupid or frustrating mechanics or because of my own misplays

• Wooferson
    Wooferson Member Posts: 22
    Options

I get it. Sometimes I'll get toxic survivors while messing around and they just ruin some of the fun (typically I just kill them on hook and keep having fun with the others.)

I believe it's just the other players that can make or break the fun. Like if I get ran by a good looper, awesome good for them. But if I've got a toxic group that's dropping every pallet on me they possibly could then it's no fun. (Or on the survivor side, a camping/tunneling killer but I dont play enough survivor for a good opinion on that.)

But game mechanics being wonky do me it frustrating too for both sides, particularly if you miss a hit you should've gotten or got hit when you shouldn't have.

• Wooferson
    Options

I get that, even if I dont play enough surv to really be able to escape with items XD.

Hoarding in any game is definitely my weakness so if I played more survivor, I'd be one of the people running a looting build. (The few times i play survivor, I cant bring myself to use any items even if I've got like 9 brand new parts on claudette)

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

I used to play to win... but now it's for fun

• Wooferson
    Options

What made you change? Time spent in the game or something else?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

4 bbq stacks is all that matters

• Wooferson
    Options

I'm waiting for bbq in the shrine since I cant buy bubba, that's totally gonna be in my build once I get it.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

@Wooferson I realized that ppl don't care about what you want... so I gave up trying

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

pip = win

Simple as, i hate the entity being displeased after match

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885
    Options

I don't care about pipping. In fact, I think it is too easy to pip as survivors. I don't care what rank i am, as long as I am ranked according to my skill, and matched with/against other players of a similar skill level.

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243
    Options

I play for fun and generally fun means either doing well or at least having a close match. It's not fun on either side when it's a complete wipe. I love the matches that come down to the wire.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

I play to have fun. Sometimes that means going tryhard for 4K. Sometimes that means playing peekaboo with Micheal. Sometimes that means chasing down the killer so they can admire my Ace's cheetah shirt.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I use to play to pip but been having just awefull matches lattely

So for the next couple of matches i'm just going to meme around

• Xelaranger
    Xelaranger Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2020
    Options

Personally for fun since I dont have the time to no life this game and max out everything so BP and Pip dont mean squat to me. But it stops being fun when my teammates do nothing "I play solo" and expect me to just let them farm me or I last a grand total of 5 seconds because killer spawns right around the corner. I cant tell you how many games I have been in where I either score 800ish BP because instant death or being the only one to score more than 2k because my team is legit trash that can play one match for 10 mins and fail to do even a single gen.

Edited* I guess I always play with the intention to win which is why bad team sours the fun. Having said that I dont expect to win and have fun even in loses as long as it was not a loss where I am the only one who did anything at all as in they just let the match take upwards of 15-20 mins and have failed to contribute... Because if I am the best survivor on my team I know we are screwed but at least you could not make it such a chore and leave all the gens for one man.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

As survivor, i play for fun, because it's the fun side and try randoms perks build

As killer i play for my 4 BBQ stacks

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

It's hard to have fun in a game, when the players treats you like you lose every time you face them. Then the game itself tells you "you lose" every time you do well. It's a no win situation even when you do win, and at some point the amount of toxicity, bad rng, and poor point system makes the game no fun and unplayable.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I play to have fun, since pipping is more pain than it's worth.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

For fun with the objective of pipping and 3k+ as killer.

For fun with the objective of pipping and getting 3 men survived+ as survivor, it doesn't matter if I was the one who died.

• Wooferson
    Options

That's how I started just playing for fun, too many bad matches in a row and not enough points to make me want to keep trying for specifically pipping up.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

To win, but also to try and hook each survivor twice before killing anyone, unless I fall far behind. I succeeded in my last game, getting all 12 hooks, but eh... rank reset makes it too easy, so at this point I'm just farming and reaching 32k and double pip.

• Wooferson
    Options

Yes, but I mean (mostly) would you continue playing if it lost the fun because of bad matches, bad mechanics, etc.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited January 2020
    Options

I play purely for fun mostly killer (imo game is too unbalanced to feel any kind of achievement by surviving, exception beeing games against Lefty), but i already have everything unlocked so i guess i got bored with normal gameplay. If someone is asking for my attention I tend to oblige though.

How i play if noone triggers me (even on poorly generated maps):

-no camping

-if i see another target within reach no tunneling

-obsession has to die (Entity marked you, unlucky)

-any other survivor gets 1 extra hook (i just throw them under if they are already hooked twice) or just let them go if they are chill and not toxic

-in general i aim for 12 hooks but noone can die unless obsession is gone and they had their "mercy hook"

-if I wasn't near hook, person didn't kill themselves but simply didn't get saved and died on first hook everyone dies

Those are really fun to follow, at least for me. It grants me max points except for sacrifice category obviously so it works even for farming bps.

But if someone tbags, flashlight taps (im fine with saves though) or points all the time they get camped. Also people who dc or are cu nts in chat get mories. Try it, is really fun unless you get 4man tryhard sweats which isn't as common as many say.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924
    Options

In that scenario both would be affected because the bad mechanics probably would tip the balance to the other side if they are bad for you, which would make it harder to try to win and to have fun