Decided to learn Spirit. Care to share some advice

So i decided to try and learn spirit next. I played her a lot when she came out but i seem to have forgotten everything.

What would some good builds/strategy's be with her? Is there any guide or player on youtube i can watch for tips? Thanks in advance ^-^

Comments

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Don't. At least, not yet. There's an audio bug going on right now where a survivors sounds are drowned out by the music, or muffled. A large part of Spirit is audio, and this bug makes her incredibly tricky. But if you want a streamer, can't go wrong with Tru3. He's helped me a bit on his builds. Otz as well, but he doesn't play Spirit that much.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I recommend to use on Spirit stall perks like Pop and/or Sloppy and tracking perks like Surveillance, BBQ and/or Nurse's Calling.

• Sachura
    Sachura Member Posts: 7

Hey Sonzaishinai Member

I think if you want to learn her pick Ruin, Nurses, BBQ and Sloppy

As an Add-On Prayer Beads is awesome cause when the survivors hear it all over your terror radius they will go away from the gen and Ruin poppes off :) Or you can grab them from a gen and don't need to do long chases :)

Probably you could try that out.

kind regard

Sachura

PS: check out my stream www.twitch.tv/Sachura I love to talk with you about DBD and stuff which has to be fixed and so on :)

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2020

Stridor is the perk with the most synergy with her power. Some people hate it. Others love it. I'm among those that love using it because it counters Iron Will, which itself is a counter to her power. After Stridor, pretty much any perks in the current meta are good for her. Exceptions being chase perks like Enduring/Spirit Fury or the new Nemesis/PWYF combos as she is purely a chase machine and these types of perks are redundant for her. You won't get much benefit from them.

All her green add-ons are great. Use any combination you wish, however the best combo IMO would be Dirty Shoes (speed) and Talisman (duration). This gives you both an increase in map pressure and chase potential. Brooch (charge speed) is also very very good as you can be more offensive with your power. Tsuba is good for ensuring you get those hits out of phase, however it is outclassed by Saya (purple add-on) which is IMO her best single add-on. Finally Flute (recharge speed) is good if you like to use your power in short bursts or find yourself needing it more in a chase.

Mother Daughter Ring is insanely powerful, one of the best add-ons in the game, but since it removes scratch marks this can backfire if you don't have the tracking skills to compensate. I recommend avoiding this one until you learn how to track during phase.

You will need a good headset to play Spirit most effectively. You have to imagine yourself like Kenshi from Mortal Kombat... you are effectively blind when phasing and sound is your biggest ally.

Though you are not exactly completely blind. You will still see scratch marks, crows flying, and grass/corn moving. Pay attention to these subtle things as they will help you track survivors when you can't hear them.

Spirit is also a lot of prediction. "Will they vault the window? Will they go left or right out this door?" Being fast when phasing means you can circle around and cut off survivors. Do this well enough and a lot just kind of give up because they feel like you know what they are going to do before they do it. But of course you could just follow them too but that's more predictable.

One last thing, keep in mind that the woosh sound of her phase is only heard if you are outside the terror radius of her husk (or the initial point where you started to phase). Her TR is 24m by default, so you can use this to your advantage for free grabs off gens if you are close enough for them to hear the heartbeat.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Thanks ^-^ I'll try stridor once it shows up in my bloodweb

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

When you’re phasing with Spirit, can you still see/hear generators being worked on by survivors?

• Sonzaishinai

You can hear the sounds of survivors working on gens yes

I believe you also see the sparks so with new ruin that's also a telltale a survivor is on the gen if that works

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    edited January 2020

I mean if you got a half way decent headset you don't need a build. I am a red rank killer and I 4k with her more often than not and I only run one perk BBQ and that's more for BP than it is the map awareness

My biggest suggestion would be don't waste time fake phasing. She's fast use it to get a down and move on. Also you don't need to break pallets unless the loop is a really strong one.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

This is what I was gonna mention as well. Now is not the time to learn Spirit. Even most heavy Spirit players like myself aren't really playing her right now because she still has very bad sound bugs that ruin her...again.

• Sonzaishinai

Maybe it's better now. It did say something about sound in the patch notes

• Kurrmiu
    Kurrmiu Member Posts: 23

is spirit's lunge fixed with the latest patch?

I'm thinking of trying to learn her as well but since the sound and lunge bugs I've not played her much.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

You can use her for mindgames with standing still, but I do not know of any really good Spirit streamers so I could not tell you that.

Audio is important so make sure you got a nice headset or something.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited January 2020

Perks: Stridor (100% must have) to be able consistently hurt survivors; Bamboozle (50%, you can endure loops, but you better have it) for Killers shack, double walls and situations when both can be combined and used as infinite, in general it will save you time, time is precious; something to slow down the game, imo PoP is the best perk for Spirit, but you can pick anything you like; the last, I guess, you just rtake BBQ for bp, or do anything you like with it. Spirit really need only Stridor and Bamboozle. For maximum lethality you add Rancor. :D

Add-ons: the best addons are those that help you quicker get to survivors and hurt them before they get behind another pallet or window. Your default power activation is almost as long as pallet stun. To decrease it use "Activation" addons. The 2nd best addon type is movement speed addon. If you cant combine both, then the 3rd best addon type is "recovery" addon. They will increase your power recharge speed. The recharge speed wont buff your power, but at least you will be allowed to use it more often.

Strategy: its about predicting what survivors do. You need experience. The only hint I can give is- try to injure survivors without using your power first, and then land the 2nd hit using your power, because Stridor will help to track injured survivor. playing with scratch marks can be painful.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Surround sound headphones.

Stridor in red ranks.

dont rely too hard on breathing, listen for footsteps also

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Headset, that's all you need. Have fun and try different builds, she's decent almost with every perk

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

My problem with this is two fold, one Pop is a slow down perk and its unfun to play against, So personally I wouldn't run it, but he isn't Wrong, Pop is a strong perk on basically any killer.

My main problem with this is Stridor, once again not because its a bad perk, its actually the perfect perk for spirit removes her one outplay. HOWEVER I feel like once you start running spirit with Stridor you're unable to play her without it, your going to train yourself to listen to all the wrong things as her.

You should focus on learning to play her by listening to grass moving and predicting where the survivors are going. But that is my suggestion. I always suggest to get used to a killers power without using perks that change how those powers work.

For example, my huntress can't play without Iron Maiden because I learned to play her with that perk, now I basically lose every game in which I don't run it.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,248
    edited January 2020

You need a good headset, especially right now. I have a Sennheiser and haven't experienced too many audio issues in the last week or so. I'd definitely recommend Sennheiser closed ear though. You'll hear survivor breathing and footsteps easily. They're not overly bass-y like a lot of higher end headsets are.

Overall, the big thing with Spirit is paying attention to environmental queues. Crows, grass movement, lack of grass movement, footsteps, breathing, what a generator sounds like when someone is actively on it vs not, etc.

Survivors have tendencies as well. Does the survivor have Iron Will? Phase to where their scratch marks end, keep listening for footsteps, stop and check the nearest rock or tree. They stop there 99% of the time. A survivor with Iron Will also tends to fast vault the obvious way and then immediately slow vault back. A good, high end headset that allows you to clearly hear footsteps will counter 80% of Iron Will.

As for perks, I like to take at least Corrupt Intervention. Spirit has good map presence, but survivors can slam out gens no matter how fast you end chases due to map size. Not quite an outplay if your average chase goes for less than 20 seconds in a trial, but it is what it is. She really just needs tracking and stall perks. Her chase ability is so outrageous that she doesn't need help there.

Her best add on is Mother Daughter Ring, but you'll have to be really experienced to get the most out of it. I run it with a reduced charge time add on and a normal build like Corrupt/Pop/BBQ/Nurse's

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Good luck with the bugged sounds, if it happens and you're spirit you are not only blind to survivors but deaf too.