To the Huntress Mains.

Options
thrawn3054
thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

I started trying to play her today (God help me). What perks/addons do you recommend?

Comments

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838
    Options

Not a Hunter main but to

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,029
    Options

whispers is great for her. Due to her slow movement speed, you dont wanna be spending too much time in areas looking for survivors where there isnt any. Also, with her movement speed plus large hum distance, her bane is often stealthy survivors...so youll need the tracking. I use nurses calling since the small TR suits it well and BBQ. Was using ruin but...

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

BBQ and Bamboozle are my go to’s. I’m not sure which generator perks to use on her anymore though.

Maybe Brutal Strength and PGTW?

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523
    Options

While I'm a Clown main...

I feel like one of my builds for Clown would work well for Huntress.

"Corrupt Intervention + Discordance + Infectious Fright + Whispers"

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Best add-ons are windup time, and exhaustion. If I am not running Iridescent Heads (to trigger survivor mains), I generally run a combination of those 2, or stack wind-up time.

• Ireath
    Ireath Member Posts: 91
    Options

I recommend whispers, bbq, nurses and a perk of your choice. As for addons I recommend flower babushka and manna grass braid for the reduced wind up or oak haft and bandaged haft for cooldown.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,029
    Options

infectious fright is kinda meh since its TR based and Huntress has a smaller than normal TR at 20 meters.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Iron Maiden is a good choice. You get to reload faster, and deny them a hiding spot.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

My favorite Huntress build is Corrupt Intervention + Whispers + BBQ + and PGTW.

I also switch BBQ with Nurse's, Thrilling Tremors, or Brutal Strength

• Shredder32
    Shredder32 Member Posts: 38
    Options

i run corrupt whispers pop and bbq

• vpounder69
    vpounder69 Member Posts: 54
    Options

Wel ruin was a good one lol bbq nurses and maybe corrupt?

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

I suck as huntress. I recommend watching umbra play. I know people will argue Zubat or Scott jund but I think umbra is the best huntress there is. She is lights out with those hatchets. Check her out and see what she does. I'm pretty sure her normal set up includes whispersand BBQ. I can't remember what else

• potatoscream
    potatoscream Member Posts: 31
    Options

My build is somewhat controversial but you may want to try it anyway.

1. Agitation. Free hits, fast hooks, allows to keep the game on the side of the map you want it to be.
    2. Infectious Fright. Yes, terror radius is small, but it's even better, you might get free hits if there is a survivor close to you. Which is essential to keep pressure.
    3. Whispers. Saves a lot of time when the game starts (and when you need to save time the most). Also helps with end games - just wait near the hatch for the perk to activate and close it. Now the last survivor has nowhere to run.
    4. For the last I usually try different perks, but most often I use either Iron Maiden, I don't like how long it takes to take hatchets without it (unless I use addons of course) or Enduring, you may think it's strange to use it on Huntress but you are wrong, you may respect a pallet and wind up a hatchet or you may not and try to get a free hit instead - that happens a lot, especially against good players, without Enduring it would be painful when survivors outplay and stun you.
  • AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

you misspelled "using an OP add on as a crutch because I need to git gud"

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Whispers, Nurse's, and BBQ are all good perks for her. Iron Maiden is definitely one of my go to perks. Corrupt and old Ruin were good.

As of add-ons I would go with either the Flower Babushaka and Manna Grass Braid, Bandaged Oak Haft (Bandaged Haft + Oak Haft), or Flower Bubushaka and Berus Toxin.

If you want some real help though, you should check out Zubatlel or ScottJund on Youtube.