The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Getting bullied as killer in this game is the most miserable gaming experience I have had, by far

I do not think I am alone in this. And it seems with Ruin gone it has escalated greatly. You are supposed to be a powerful killer but instead you are mocked, disrespected and there is very little you can do about it. Not much more sucks than being bullied by multiple people, feels like absolute garbage.

If people continue to feel this way, they will not play killer. Simple as that. There will be no game.

Comments

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Don't listen to the comedians on here. Let them poke fun. Any time someone makes a thread expressing annoyance over a bad gaming experience, you get people who mock.

Many people aren't having fun either.

I've pretty much had it but it's not to do with Ruin. It was on the cards for a while.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I've been playing without ruin since I started. Let's wake up people.

• Shodan79
    Shodan79 Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2020

I just hit rank 12 and get usually face green level survivors.

Don’t get frustrated, just take a break and then try again. Every time you lose you learn, eventually you’ll learn the loops and get a sense of when to chase and when to patrol gens.

Here's what I've learned:

1. if some one is baiting you don’t take the bait.
    2. patrol the the gens, learn when to chase. Don’t take the bait.
    3. Don't let survivors fix gens that force you to have to patrol a large area. If you can keep them boxed in to one area it's basically GG.
    4. If they drop the pallet, break the pallets. Broken pallets are your friend.
    5. Try different killers figure out what play style works for you. Personally I like stealth.
    6. Perks do matter. Once you open perk slots and level them up it gets easier. However don't let it be a crutch. You'll see how obvious this is when you start leveling up another killer.
    7. It's just a game if you can get at least two consider it a win.
    8. YouTube videos are your friend! Watch how the pros play!

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,040

What do you consider bullying? Because, from my experience, people tend to say they got bullied for the most stupid reasons (like being blinded at Pallets or simply by losing a game).

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Play killer let everyone escape

Hide with insidious, open the gates before they do

And they wont pip but you still get as many bp as them

If they never hit a chase they get no bp from it, never save anyone ? No bp.

They get around 3-12k a match by my wraith and I get 5k ish just floating around invisible.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Maybe go for a destresser game? Play one of the stronger killers, run the best build and addons, and an Ebony Mori. A bit of a destresser never hurts, unless you are the survivors in this case.

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869

Agree here. I know survivors can be cocky when they know they won, and may start bothering killer instead of doing their objectives. But I've also seen many times killers disconnecting after one pallet stun, cursing survivors on after chat, calling them toxic, bully, etc.

So it really depends on what you consider as bullying.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Both sides can bully the other, please don't act like one side is any worse than the other in regards to ingame bullying. I've had Killers beat me on the hook cause they "hate all *insert Survivor name* on first hook till I was sacrificed. I've been left for EGT to kill. I've been left slugged for awhile, carried near hatch, hatch closed in face, and then mori'd. I've had multiple cases where the Killer left the last 2-4 people to bleed out instead of hooking. Etc.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

The amount of times I've gotten out using wake up when the hatch has closed...don't underestimate the power of being W O K E

• It honestly is getting pretty bad, my playtime today has been miserable and I've actually been thinking about taking a long possibly permanent break from the game.

I don't know yet though, I plan to play it for at least a week to see if I adjust to it some at least...but so far I am just not having fun. Survivor isn't even that fun, since I pipped to red without ever learning how to run a chase.

You can't play at red ranks as killer without knowing how to handle certain tile sets but you can play red rank survivor without knowing that as them. It seems weird how much easier it is for a survivor.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

There are good reasons why this game has its reputation of being a bully simulator. Keep in mind: Don't force yourself to play killer. If you don't have a good experience, play something else. Playing a video game should never make you feel bad.

I like this. I will steal this.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Not trying to be mean, but if you get bullied it's probably because you're not that great of a player. You can't really get "bullied" as a good killer. Things that work against inexperienced players don't work against good ones.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

You can thank the tunneling/camping/mori using killers before you. But anyway, the easiest way to deal with this is just to turn off your messages. As for toxicity in game...don't take the bait, as someone else said above. And if you're getting teabagged at the gate then just whack 'em to get em out earlier. Lol

• Yeah problem is those matchups are happening. So you're trying to learn this killer, but everyone as survivor is better than you because matchmaker thinks since you are rank 15 you should only go against red and purple rank SWF groups, and they bully the hell out of you.

Then, these people hate everything, get discouraged don't have any fun, why would anyone want to go through that? Why would we defend that as a fine experience?

Why git gud at something you don't enjoy to begin with?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,188

I mainly play Spirit, Nurse, and Hag now. Just completely over my games being more or less decided by how well the survivors path. There are little things you can do as an M1 killer, but you are hard capped on how well you can perform.

• deadbyhitbox
    edited January 2020

Learn how to play killer then. I had a rough patch when I first learned killer, but eventually I learned because I observed and didn't lose my temper or give up. Yes, it isn't fun, but this is the matchmaking killers wanted funnily enough to prevent what's happening right now.

I can understand if it's like rank 15's verse like rank 5's, but if it's like 13's vs 10's it's nowhere near as bad. If you're somewhat experienced in the game and getting bullied, that's on you then.

Basically what I'm saying is if you're somewhat experienced, the bullied is a result of you being outplayed, but I can understand if you're a pretty new player facing high ranks.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2020

You missed a huge part of what I just said. It's not temper, it's just not having any fun, plain and simple, and the worst problem a game can have. A lot of people are not enjoying the role, and we can't just go "well get gud" to killer frustrations, when we make changes that are literally because something is frustrating for survivors. That is a terrible ideology.

Also if you can't see the current issues with matchmaking, then there is no point in even discussing, we won't agree on anything, because to me that is night and day.

• deadbyhitbox
    edited January 2020

I literally just said that matchmaking problems are a result of BHVR implementing what killers were asking for. And ironically it did exactly what they wanted it to prevent. I know it has its problems, it's just something that I find funny about it. Also, I'm using temper as an example because this guy loses his temper it seems. He makes a lot of really overly anger filled posts.

Like I said before, if he's somewhat experienced, him being "bullied" is not that game's fault. Say he is a fairly new player facing higher ranks, then it is. I'm just kind of playing the other role right now, but I don't think either of us know how experienced OP is.

• Freshwick
    Freshwick Member Posts: 71

Tbh the game is easy for survivors.. and with no feeling of accomplishment in succeeding, most dbd players get their thrills being poor winners imo

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2020

Can you be more specific I don't understand what you are talking about. Killers and survivors both just want fair matches, are you talking about the SWF change because regardless of that matchmaking and ranking are broken on multiple levels right now, it's more than one thing and everyone is suffering from it, just killers more so.

As for OP I have no idea, his original post seemed fine but I never read his posts beyond that one. I wouldn't get angry at this game, I actually don't really because I recognize it's problems so It makes me numb to losing, it holds no weight because of them to me.

Thing is, you lost me the moment you said just "Get good" basically, because that ignores literally the entiiireee problem being presented. Also, personally, I am a red rank killer and I have like every killer maxed out- and I STILL struggle greatly as killer and don't enjoy myself a lot of the time. I struggle and fail most games, I still get bullied by survivors a lot of the time, and I still experience a lot of the same frustrations... So how good does one have to get before they are allowed to genuinely enjoy themselves? I kept it up all this time hoping that might happen, it hasn't, if anything I've grown even more resentful of the role.

Meanwhile, as survivor, I've been breezing along, it's not all that stressful, it isn't terribly fun unless I am playing with other people though; but it's not anywhere close to as frustrating. Yet here we are, still solving survivor frustrations, and leaving killer ones be, because what they just need to get better? Why should significant skill and experience be required before you are allowed to enjoy yourself?

That's such an awful approach to anything, it's a video game, people want to play and have fun, and feel that their matches are fair and balanced and like they have a chance. Why would we argue, fight, and try and deny that?

Sorry, but I just don't agree with your take on this at all, on any level.