So i'm the only who actually gets really nervous and scared by the game?

When a killer is nearby and the music gets louder I actually start to feel nervous and frightened.

Someone even said he's bored by the game and I'm just here feeling like i'm watching a horror film that is actually scary. Is anyone else like that or am I a clown for that? I mean I even start stretching my legs under my desk to relieve the stress

I'm relatively new, I mean I don't know if it's even been a week but still.

Comments

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13 Member Posts: 182

I'm still relatively new as well, and it does bring a sort of anxiety. Mainly, with me, it's trying not to screw up skill checks, especially if someone else is on the generator with me. I don't find anything scary. I just feel like I make it harder on myself when I screw up, even though I'm still learning.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

That's how I felt like at the beginning. I don't anymore, though.

• AtomP
    AtomP Member Posts: 23

Yeah you get over that once you learn there is always a pallet loop within 2m of your location, or if you do get hit, a god loop you can run to. Then the game stops being a horror movie and becomes a Benny Hill sketch.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

yeah has everything to do with being new. before you know this will be a very arcade experience and you think more of the gameplay then the atmosphere

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Sometimes it happens when I get hit unexpectedly, or even pallet stunned unexpectedly as the killer.

Of everyone, though, the Hag is the spookiest to me when you're super into it.

• Parthraki
    Parthraki Member Posts: 10

I don't know fellers, I've been playing for nearly a year and a half now and nothing gets my heart pumping like those near misses when you vault a window just as the killer's weapon clangs the window or trying to be sneaky, hiding 5 feet away from the gen you just dipped while the killer is scoping out the area.

Though, I totally get how after a couple months of playing, people could transition to playing the game more for the arcade experience and with the desire of winning or getting a lot of blood points. Ultimately, the game is what you make of it and whether you get immersed or not really depends on the type of person you are.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

You're not a clown 😊 Most people had similar experiences when they first started. It's something that you just eventually get accustomed to, because most of the fear is rooted in the unknown. So after you learn about all the different killers and mechanics and how everything works, everything is predictable and it stops being scary. Which is not to say that veteran players don't still get the occasional jumpscare from a stray stealth killer!

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I’m never scared but I get anxious and my heart pounds sometimes during a chase. I’m honestly more anxious when playing killer.

I jump A LOT when I trip one of the Hag’s traps or I’m unexpectedly hit by a pallet.

I don’t experience fear but more-so anxiety and adrenaline rushes with a slight bit of bitterness and distain towards my idiotic teammates.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Many people at the beginning felt this way. Some people, even now get frightened every once in a while. 😃

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

I'm only nervous when it's a stealth killer on a map with lots of LoS blockers and I don't have Spine Chill or Sprint Burst

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I get an adrenaline rush sometimes, but not that fear rush I used to get when I first started playing. Occasionally playing against a stealthy Killer who is excellent with their stealth mechanics, I get some good jumpscares which are usually accompanied by something along the lines of "You dirty ***********" or similar. After so many matches though, the TR is just a way to keep track of the Killer and not a "time to gtfo and hide" notification.

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909

I often feel like the temperature in my room drops whenever I load up the game, even after playing it for so long. The first minute or so into each game when I don't know who the killer is can also be really tense - especially when I hate jump scares, so stealth killers have me anxiously turning my camera back and forth.

• Inokara
    Inokara Member Posts: 50

It's about 3 years after the game came out and I get that feeling when on a new map facing a new killer. But after a while it goes away but then another new killer comes out and it's back. I love it

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww, you scared little rank 20. No, it's not scary at all once you get better at the game.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited January 2020

Not at all. But I suppose the Demogorgon music is quite unnerving.

Got jump scared by Myers and Pig a few times in the past.

I actually had more creepy moments in Little Nightmares. Odd as it sounds.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328

Im getting nervous and feel nervous with every new patch about killers nerfs. Survivors are power role now, no need to be nervous or scared, killers are 😀

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
  • SquidFacedMan
    SquidFacedMan Member Posts: 148

Hag still manages to jumpscare me quite a bit. Usually before you know who the killer is and you sprint through her trap.

• RipleHHH89
    RipleHHH89 Member Posts: 86

I feel this way when I play killer. Playing survivor is easy and relaxing.