The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ruin nerf: War is here!

DBD78
DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

We have accepted the unwritten rules of the game to make everyone have as much fun as possible, but now everything has changed. It's time for killers to unite! They only want survivors to have fun and no stress, well enough is enough! From now on:

1: Facecamping, camping, tunneling, slugging..play as you want, do as you want. 

2: "Blame Ruin nerf" this is the only message to give complaining and toxic survivors after the game.

3: Giving survivors the hatch or let them escape? Not anymore! We get nothing, they get nothing.

You might face the survivors alone every game, but you are not alone. We stand strong together! This is the only way to make them listen to killers, it's when survivors complains. When the message from both sides is the game was better before Ruin nerf, then they must do something about it.

Comments

• DBD78

How is that playing "toxic"? It's just as "toxic" as flashlight saves or throwing pallets on the killer. There are no rules against playing to win.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

To be honest, this is a much more major nerf then it seems at first. Although I don't believe I will take actions against these rules, I feel like my survivor games are about to get very stale, with me only being able to face killers that will have map pressure now.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

If you can't tell the difference then i shall not even begin to waste my time.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Honestly you have to resort to some tactics otherwise frowned on in the wake of the changes. The survivor guide to polite playing is now garbage and obsolete.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

I see this every game anyways. You forgot tea bagging, flashlight clicking, and taunting at exit gates. ;)

• neekocheeko
    neekocheeko Member Posts: 88

Tbagging and flashlight clicking doesn't affect gameplay, especially in a way that tunneling or camping does. Waiting at the exit gates does prolong the game for no reason if everyone is safe I can give you that, but the EGC is there as a fail safe now.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I'll probably just play a lot more survivor from now on.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

GREAT PLAY !

Yo that was nice to watch. I've always wanted to fill the hooks on basement but they always DC before I can

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Being toxic isn't going to solve anything, all it'll do is give the devs a reason to nerf killer's further and we don't need that. Most of our brothers and sisters already quit.This is what Almo wanted, now let her learn from her survivor bias dumbass mistake

• BuchciPL
    BuchciPL Member Posts: 4

Do I have to remind you? Insta-heals... decisive strike... balanced landing... you will see adrenaline get nerfed next. Stop crying. There are still many good perks out there

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2020

You're looking for that Lord of the Rings, Rohan charging in to save Minas Tirith moment, huh? Unfortunately my good man, I don't think you'll have the DBD equivalent. People are too deep into this game to leave now, and I think BVHR knows it. If this company thought for an instant that people would leave in numbers great enough to affect their bottom line, they'd listen. Sadly, they've figured out that no matter how much they destroy their game with pointless, ignorant changes, they will always have an audience.

The only way to get through to them is to stop playing and spending money. Good luck on that one. It would be a late Christmas miracle if the player base (all of us, regardless of side) could stand together and basically say "no more bugs, no more bs. Fix your fkin game or no more money."

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Inb4 they halt entity progress on the hook to discourage camping.

• DalauanDivine
    DalauanDivine Member Posts: 126

Late to the party dude

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

how about not punishing innocent people like me who never play toxic, never "gen rush" and play both sides of the game ?

What you are doing is encouraging people to have a toxic behaviour, and those survivors you will punish will then turns themselves into toxic survivors.

You are creating an endless loop of toxicity.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Listen, I disagree with the ruin nerf but it is what it is. If you play that way it won't be bring the old ruin. Try to enjoy the game or jump to another one. I don't think that mentality will bring you fun in this game

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363

“Hannibal ad portas”

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

"Facecamping, camping, tunneling, slugging..play as you want, do as you want. " lol there is no change there then is there, not all do it no, but this has always happened, previous to ruin lol

• DBD78

I stand by the "play as you want" statement, but I have not change my way of playing since I have actually done well so far without Ruin. I don't camp or tunnel and building around the endgame with Noed has worked so far. Just wanted to say that.

• DalauanDivine
    DalauanDivine Member Posts: 126

It actually goes the other way around, survivors create toxic killers

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Dont listen to the chat cry babies on here, ive played alot of games this morning and all the killers were playing normal. Guess they arent reliant on one perk and are actually good at the game unlike many on here.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    edited January 2020

Point number 1) is normal part of game. Just play whatever style you want. There is not prohibition of camping, tunneling, slugging... Its only fabrication of bunch of frustrated survivors and their "rulebook". Play whatever style you like and ignore chat after game.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

that a biased point of view. Someone having a bad game as killer could decide to be toxic as survivor, but the other way around is also true.

toxicity doesn't have a side, it's just a plague

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

I did basement bubba only killing people who touched my chest, Dwight touched it but I didn't have it in my heart to kill him :( #DwightLivesMatter

I ended up downing him, and putting him at top of the basement. He knew what I was doing so he kept going down and it felt like I was training a dog saying "No touching the chest, let's try that again".

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

LMAO! Just get good man... No need for childish behaviour... I'm not joining this... I'm currently just fair playing enjoying the Doc. Yes, Ruin getting nerfed was BS, but this won't solve it, you're just gonna make survivors focus on other perks cause of this attitude...

Red rank 1 killer in case you wondered...

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83

Just playing Survivor if I feel like wasting 30 minutes in a lobby. I had plans to snag a couple of skins but I tossed that idea out. They're not getting any money from me.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

or you could just stop playing....

• Amber351
    Amber351 Member Posts: 33

so...playing the game then the way it's meant to be played instead of following a set of beliefs that was created by the community? seems fine to me, but I doubt you'll be creating a revolution anytime soon anyway. just play. or don't, I'd rather you not than continuing being petty :/ this is ridiculous

• ImKateDenson
    ImKateDenson Member Posts: 33
    edited January 2020

can you stop this ridiculous war between killer and survivor it’s pathetic no one care ...

as survivor main I nerver complain about ruin and I think most of the survivors too, I also think this ruin nerf is a very bad idea, and I would say to everyone who enjoy the ruin nerf that they are idiot.

I played some games with this new ruin I know for fact I’m not a top killer but 5 min games are just boring and not fun at all.

Than most of the games I’ve played as survivor are facecamp camp tunnel ... so more than that it can’t be, let’s just say that now I can understand that they do this... but than it’s not fun games for killer and Survivor

Pretty good job soo far ! Good job BHVR once again you did it. Stop nerf everything and fixe all the bugs of this game ...

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

Not that I'm saying i will do this but

Haven't the Devs said a few times before Tunneling/face camping is a valid strat? So is slugging. If its valid is it really toxic?

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

I always slug, but I'll refuse to camp and tunnel 😴

This is why I don't get attached to perks 😂

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I already see multiple DS, BT and Unbreakable every match. I also only run ruin on Hag and after playing with new ruin on a match where it lasted all game it really is a devastating late game perk. As long as it stays up lol

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

If you’re doing it just to annoy other players and ruin the game for them in a premeditated move to attack the game and developers for an ulterior motive then its a little bit different.

Sure nobody in the game can prove your doing it for that reason but calling for it and explicitly stating it in a public forum proves it is a premeditated attack

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

You may be right, but i still dont know why everyone here says its toxic. Yeah i can understand its a jerk move to "Tunnel" and i personally hate camping. But these are valid types of play.

Yeah i hate "gen rushing" survivors but in the end its them doing their objective. In the end gen speed wouldn't be a problem if these times matched the maps, or large maps having less hazards for killer since time is already against killers more so on those maps.

But back to topic of this thread, i do agree calling out to do this, all to make a point is wrong.

• Count_Matialda
    Count_Matialda Member Posts: 1

Right now, in my opinion, it seams like the nerf killed the game. At least, as it used to be. Killers had never been too strong, even though survivors were supposed to die. Now, usually, survivors will rush gens and escape. 5 minutes and the game is over. But, maybe, the game will change. Killers might have to stay close to the hooked survivors.