Dead by Daylight, is it still a horror game ?

Do you consider dbd a horror game? why and why not? let me know down below!

Comments

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

This game used to be somewhat scary back when it was darker and have a spooky atmosphere

now its too bright to be considered scary or spooky.

only thing that is scary is Myers and Ghostface

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

For Killers, yes.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

It's a rom-com.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

those guys and when an unexpected hag trap pops up while you're not paying attention .

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

If you watch a horror movie 5 times in a row is it scary still?

This game is a horror comedy

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited January 2020

its an arcade game that is horror themed, just like L4D or Killing Floor, but it isnt a horror game no.

Heck look at the lack of gore alone, look how weak those mori's are not deforming the survivor body at all, not that that would make it horror, but at least slighty push it more in that direction.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089
    edited January 2020

Sure it is a Horrorgame. It is bright as hell and not scary for people who played a lot of it, but it is a Horrorgame.

Like, play something like Amnesia or Outlast 10 times. You will not be scared at all, why someone playing it for the first time will ######### their pants.

• Hail_to_the_King
    Hail_to_the_King Member Posts: 183

Yes, just because it isn't scary doesn't mean it isn't horror.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Have you played on the new lery's map against doctor?

It's like the first time playing on Lery's map, for the first time playing against doctor, like you just started playing the game for the first time.

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

It's a game about four ######### messing around with someone else's generators while a babysitter desperately tries to keep them under control.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

No.

It's a horrific game.

šŸ˜‚

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187
  • oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313

I'd say it's more horror-themed than anything else.

Besides, play a horror game or watch a horror movie enough times and it won't be as "scary", be it through spooks or a solid atmosphere - both lose their "bite" over time even though you can still certainly appreciate them, especially the atmosphere. And unlike a lot of singleplayer horror games this is a game that people play for thousands of hours as opposed to dozens at most.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Dude, playing against GF or Myers is scary AH if they're good players

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited January 2020

No. I mean the game has clearly a horror theme, but here it ends.

For me need to be the killer clearly a much more powerfull opponent as he is in dbd, to see this game as a horror game.

I have seen such concepts in Half-Life 2 mods like:

-Zombie Master

1 side was there the survivors and they had move around in the usual 3d perspective. The other side was a Zombie Master who could see the map from the air and so could also see to any time, every survivor.

His power was to activate traps across the map and he was able to spawn zombies.

-The pre mod to contagoin and contagoin itself

The differences between the mod and the game are really minimal. 1 side was the survs, again in 3d and also the Zombies this time.

The game starts with a very strong Zombie as enemie player. The survs where able to shoot him, if they were lucky (or the Zombie-player bad/newbie) and the Zombie was very strong in meele fights and he could also infect survivors.

So that the infected survivor turned after a while into a less-stronger zombie.

Those games had teach me often enough fear.

Sure it was always the same.

Always that Zombie Master looking down on me, or that super strong Zombie hunting me, but I have like it.

Sadly time kills games, or at least nearly every game and so are also those mods and contagoin - far as I know.

I wish dbd would be a bit like that, but for this they would need to make the killer more powerful.

They would need to be so powerful that there would be no doubt from anyone, that they are the dominant part of dbd.

• ReallyBigShoe
    ReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764

The only thing scary about DBD is the devs and their inability to even remotely know what balance is.