So it could either be a oni warrior or still be the slit mouth woman

Options
so my theory is that it could still be the slit mouth woman if we are going by the urban legend (not carved that was just a take on it) she has her mouth slit by her jealous husband because she was having an affair which could be the scene in the new teaser but from the point of view of the husband to mislead us on thinking it’s s samurai or oni guard to keep that hype up what do you all think?

Comments

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

i'm still banking on the slit mouth woman judging from that trailer tbh
    we'll see soon however

• Fengminni
    Fengminni Member Posts: 99
    Options
    so my theory is that it could still be the slit mouth woman if we are going by the urban legend (not carved that was just a take on it) she has her mouth slit by her jealous husband because she was having an affair which could be the scene in the new teaser but from the point of view of the husband to mislead us on thinking it’s s samurai or oni guard to keep that hype up what do you all think?
    The man who slits her in the clip is her father he calls her daughter in japanese so no slit woman
  • deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Options
    Fengminni said:
    The man who slits her in the clip is her father he calls her daughter in japanese so no slit woman
    Then rip slit mouth woman but hey if the movie changed the legend why can’t the dbd team change it to a daughter disrespecting her family so her dad slits her mouth? That could be interesting then again I was just hoping for either sloth mouth woman or the grudge 
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

@Fengminni said:
    deadbydaylightfan said:

that would only be a slight change in the story, the essence is still the same

• luminousghosts
    luminousghosts Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2018
    Options

it could also just be based on the slit mouth woman? maybe they put their own twist on it.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited August 2018
    Options

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Fengminni said:
    deadbydaylightfan said:

Then rip slit mouth woman but hey if the movie changed the legend why can’t the dbd team change it to a daughter disrespecting her family so her dad slits her mouth? That could be interesting then again I was just hoping for either sloth mouth woman or the grudge 

Let's keep in mind that devs don't have to stick with a character, they could just take (heavy) influence and create a similar one.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options
    The hints about having a closer look and being watched.. and that mask has a third eye. Rip stealth
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

The whole trailer is based on the Woman's story, read it from wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchisake-onna

100% Kuchisake-onna

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Adeloo said:
    i'm just gonna Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V my post on an other thread

How to demonstrate it's the slit-mouthed woman :

1) the man in the trailer talked. This would be a first after so many killers and survivors to get a character who actually talk beside the Entity, so probably not to show off the killer but more the story of the killer.
    2) in the Slit-mouthed woman legend she cheated on her samourai husband who slitted her mouth in a big smile. then she suicided and roamed around to ask people if she was pretty. She also usually wears a surgery mask such as Feng in her first set of cosmetics.
    3) the mask we see in the first second of the trailer is an Hannya mask. Hannya are vengeful woman spirit seaking revenge.
    4) the fact that the man say "daugther" doesn't means his victim is his daughter but could be just him quoting a famous poem like a lot of villain before killing someone does in movies or series ( Joker in Batman 1989 or Jules in Pulp Fiction quoting the Bible )

I agree 100%!
    The next killer is going to be the slit-mouthed woman.

• GaymerGuy91
    GaymerGuy91 Member Posts: 11
    Options

I noticed something on the trailer. There was already a pool of blood on the ground before he raised the sword. Maybe she'll have the slit mouth but also be missing some limbs. Creeeepy

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Options
    I think there could be a chance that the "There is no point, dear daughter.
    We are born to die. The more we wait, the more pain we carry." Could mean that the samurai could kill the daughter(slit mouth's) and the samurai could be the survivor and slit mouth still be the killer.

• NoOne
    NoOne Member Posts: 42
    Options

You hear more than just one cut. The Sword also wasn't in that kind of angle you need to cut her mouth.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

I hope it's Kuchisake onna, I'm not against the killer being a samurai or anything but she just sounds so much more interesting.

• GaymerGuy91
    Options

@NoOne said:
    You hear more than just one cut. The Sword also wasn't in that kind of angle you need to cut her mouth.

You are correct. But there is already blood on the ground beforehand so what happened there? We may never know lol

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333
    edited August 2018
    Options

God, i hope it's Kuchisake-onna,Much More interesting than an original samurai killer or whatever that was in that video,well,Dissapointed

• NoOne
    NoOne Member Posts: 42
    Options

@GaymerGuy91 said:

@NoOne said:

You are correct. But there is already blood on the ground beforehand so what happened there? We may never know lol

I just don't think its Kuchisake Onna anymore. It might be a female killer who comes back as a spirit, but not Kuchisake. :/

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    edited August 2018
    Options

"Everything is useless, girl (or" daughter ", both are the same term" Musume "in Japanese)"

"Every human being will die with the passage of time"

"The agony will grow more"

and the kanji "起死回生" means "miraculous reversal" (like getting up dead).

Father kills his daughter for her religion .. and the daughter will be resurrected from the dead as a demon spirit.

• GaymerGuy91
    Options

@NoOne said:

@GaymerGuy91 said:

@NoOne said:

I just don't think its Kuchisake Onna anymore. It might be a female killer who comes back as a spirit, but not Kuchisake. :/

Still much to be revealed. It would still be cool to have a bloody girl demon spirit chasing us lol I'm sure we'll find out soon enough

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited August 2018
    Options

I think the newer video is the killer origin video. How she came to be.

@NoOne said:

I don't think she will be called that... Kind of like the huntress, where she is based off a real life killer. The new killer will have her own story that will mesh in with the current lore.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

@TheBean said:

@NoOne said:

I don't think she will be called that... Kind of like the huntress, where she is based off a real life killer. The new killer will have her own story that will mesh in with the current lore.

the Huntress is based on a true story ? Oo

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    Adeloo said:

i'm just gonna Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V my post on an other thread

How to demonstrate it's the slit-mouthed woman :

1) the man in the trailer talked. This would be a first after so many killers and survivors to get a character who actually talk beside the Entity, so probably not to show off the killer but more the story of the killer.
    2) in the Slit-mouthed woman legend she cheated on her samourai husband who slitted her mouth in a big smile. then she suicided and roamed around to ask people if she was pretty. She also usually wears a surgery mask such as Feng in her first set of cosmetics.
    3) the mask we see in the first second of the trailer is an Hannya mask. Hannya are vengeful woman spirit seaking revenge.
    4) the fact that the man say "daugther" doesn't means his victim is his daughter but could be just him quoting a famous poem like a lot of villain before killing someone does in movies or series ( Joker in Batman 1989 or Jules in Pulp Fiction quoting the Bible )

I was thinking that it was a male killer, but after reading this, I am changing my mind. It has to be Onna. Thank you. 
  • TheBean
    Options

@Adeloo said:

I thought she was based of some dutch killer or maybe some folklore or whatever. That is sort of what I meant, not so much a real life killer. I'll have to find the info about it.

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    Options

@Adeloo said:

@TheBean said:

@NoOne said:

I remember she was based on the Bunny Man from.the Urban Legend

• TheBean
    Options

@Adeloo said:

http://www.fangotv.com/dead-by-daylight-unleashes-the-huntress-in-new-chapter-a-lullaby-for-the-dark-exclusive/

There is a question they ask about inspiration for her. So not based on the real killer, just some stories and such. Kind of like I believe this new killer will be. So not a real life killer, made a mistake there, meant folklore, fairy tail stuffs.

--- taken from article.

Q: What was the inspiration behind the new Killer?

A: We were inspired by a lot of very cool folklore from Eastern Europe and Russia. So many cool stories are told about people living in the deep forests, cut off from the rest of the world and yet quite solidly rooted in that rich culture. We looked at a lot of legends that had to do with “people that time forgot”, a mix of tradition and wilderness.

The lullaby itself is an old Russian song called “Bayushki bayu”. We wanted to make sure that it felt genuine and we are hoping that some of our Russian players get an extra layer of intensity from childhood memories.

• Anzi130
    Anzi130 Member Posts: 51
    Options
    The samurai saying ‘my daughter’.. does it really have to be HIS daughter? Couldnt it just be a term like when a priest says ‘my daughter’ or ‘my son’?
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    Oni Mask : 

The Oni Mask in Japanese is extremely common and refers to the belief in a spirit world in which demons carry out their roles of punishing the unjust and evil, as well as spreading disease (seems like a random thing to be responsible for, but I guess it fits in with the whole evil-doing) 

So the guy is punishing her? 
  • Anzi130
    Anzi130 Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Let me put here what i wrote in another post 

Anzi130 said:
    I feel like most signs point to an Oni-inspirered killer eventhough i’d Much rather have the slit-mouthed woman..

the reason i say so is this.. first off.. the mask that we see. It has 3 eyes. Oni was known to have up to 3 eyes. The woman in the clip seems to be naked, or atleast barefoot. She wouldnt be able to make those Sounds from the teaser trailer.. and finally.. the ‘samurai’ might be a Ninja, i Think. He’s wearing completely Black clothing

• TheDarkLycan
    Options
    Anzi130 said:
    Let me put here what i wrote in another post 

Anzi130 said:
    I feel like most signs point to an Oni-inspirered killer eventhough i’d Much rather have the slit-mouthed woman..

the reason i say so is this.. first off.. the mask that we see. It has 3 eyes. Oni was known to have up to 3 eyes. The woman in the clip seems to be naked, or atleast barefoot. She wouldnt be able to make those Sounds from the teaser trailer.. and finally.. the ‘samurai’ might be a Ninja, i Think. He’s wearing completely Black clothing

The only issue though is that the blade the male is using is a wakasashi which is not a weapon that ninjas use, it is used by samurai so your ninja idea falls flat there but an Oni is still a possibility.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheDarkLycan
    Options

@Anzi130 said:
    Let me put here what i wrote in another post  Anzi130 said:

They could be going with an oni killer, but also using the backstory of the Slit mouth Woman. Knowing with these devs, they like to troll us and then reveal more surprises.

Biggest trolling when it is actually ghostface watching a movie.
  • Fengminni
    Options
    The killer cannot be a samurai. In the video you can see a lamp with a bulb. Clearly has to be at least 20th century. So no samurai. Probably the girl but maybe not the slit face girl
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Either that or it’s genji from overwatch

Obvoiusly he’d be a killer; if he was a survivor, because of self care he’d no longer NEED HEALING!

• Fengminni
    Options
    Under the mask there is a shrine so maybe the father sacrificed her to the God (mask) and she was reborn as an Onni after that 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

The Entity takes people responsible for great acts of evil to become its Killers. This means the new Killer is a Samurai, but more than that, he's an Oni. Oni are malevolent creatures who share a resemblance with stereotypical western demons.

• Fengminni
    Options
    Orion said:

The Entity takes people responsible for great acts of evil to become its Killers. This means the new Killer is a Samurai, but more than that, he's an Oni. Oni are malevolent creatures who share a resemblance with stereotypical western demons.

In the teaser you could see a lamp with a bulb so it is our era or at least 19th 20th century a bit too late for samurais also DBD killers never talk dev's said so once.
  • Orion
    Options

@Fengminni said:
    In the teaser you could see a lamp with a bulb so it is our era or at least 19th 20th century a bit too late for samurais also DBD killers never talk dev's said so once.

They don't talk in-game, but they were capable of speech before being taken by the Entity. I'll stick to the Oni idea.

• Fengminni
    Options
    Orion said:

@Fengminni said:

They don't talk in-game, but they were capable of speech before being taken by the Entity. I'll stick to the Oni idea.

Well the Oni could be the woman. In the video one time it is said and one time seen written in japanese the reference of being reborn (two times is more than just a coincidence). So the woman could have been reborn as an Oni after she was sacrificed by her father (we see a shrine at the beginning maybe they prayed to an Oni and he sacrificed her to it)
  • Orion
    Options

@Fengminni said:
    Well the Oni could be the woman. In the video one time it is said and one time seen written in japanese the reference of being reborn (two times is more than just a coincidence). So the woman could have been reborn as an Oni after she was sacrificed by her father (we see a shrine at the beginning maybe they prayed to an Oni and he sacrificed her to it)

Only if the devs are intentionally trying to throw us off the scent by showing us half the picture. Everyone familiar with DbD lore knows the Entity takes people who committed great acts of evil to be its Killers. It doesn't take victims of those acts of evil.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I mean, it could still be slit mouth because even if he said daughter. She could have done something to warrant him to slit her mouth probably having sex with someone the father did not like before killing her. So slit mouth is still a possibility.
    Post edited by Detective_Jonathan on
  • Orion
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    I mean, it could still be slit mouth because even if he said daughter. She could have done something to warrant him to slit her mouth probably having sex with someone the father did kot like before killing her. So slit mouth is still a possibility.

He's a samurai. "Honor" killings aren't usually rooted in anything bad by today's standards; they're rooted in archaic principles of what constitutes "honor".

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Orion said:

I mean, it could still be slit mouth because even if he said daughter. She could have done something to warrant him to slit her mouth probably having sex with someone the father did kot like before killing her. So slit mouth is still a possibility.

He's a samurai. "Honor" killings aren't usually rooted in anything bad by today's standards; they're rooted in archaic principles of what constitutes "honor".

Has anyone written Haiku,

About Suicidal Seppuku,

Cuz I just did it

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@TheDarkLycan said:
    SweetNightmare said:

@Anzi130 said:

They could be going with an oni killer, but also using the backstory of the Slit mouth Woman. Knowing with these devs, they like to troll us and then reveal more surprises.

LOL OMG they play the rest of the trailer and it is a pull back from a screen and then this....

• TheDarkLycan
    Options
    fcc2014 said:

@TheDarkLycan said:
    SweetNightmare said:

@Anzi130 said:

LOL OMG they play the rest of the trailer and it is a pull back from a screen and then this....
    We will find out Tuesday

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Orion said:

Could be a really old school samurai.
  • Orion
    Options

Could be a really old school samurai.

Which only proves my point further. As far as we know, she refused an arranged marriage or something.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    The Oni Mask was just far to obvious in my opinion. The extreme close up of the mask, it’s just too obvious and you know the developers like their curveballs. 
  • Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

@SovererignKing said:
    The Oni Mask was just far to obvious in my opinion. The extreme close up of the mask, it’s just too obvious and you know the developers like their curveballs. 

it's not an Oni mask but an Hannya mask

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/437236440980089852/C55760DF6D3F77DA4587C80103D2FD271209234A/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to=,%7C637%3A358&background-color=black

Hannya is a vengeful woman spirit which seak revenge.

• Orion
    Options

They look identical.