Thanks for the Doctor update!

Options
MiniPixels
MiniPixels Member Posts: 534
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

I've been liking this update even though ruin got shat on, I'm still doing decent in red ranks so I won't be too worried about it as long as nothing else huge happens. Anyway I love the changes to the Doctor and even though it wasn't a huge buff, he is pretty decent now and is a lot more fun to play. I like the music, it's different and stands out from the rest of the crowd, and static blast is probably the most satisfying killer power to use in the game now. Shock Therapy is much more rewarding for smart use now and really ties his kit together. Lerry's feels like a new map, and even though it's a feckin' maze, I think I'll memorize it eventually.

I really hope BHVR does these kinds of updates for other killers in need, like bubba, clown, trapper etc. And I hope we can power through these ruin changes.

PS. An update to the ranking system would be nice, thanks :D

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

You know I don’t think I’ve seen a complaint about Doctor yet.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 534
    Options

Even if people had anything to complain about it would get overshadowed by the ruin changes.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

Glad to hear you like it! The intention was definitely not to nerf Doc. If it's a bit of a buff too, that's ok.

• EthanW
    EthanW Member Posts: 82
    Options

Because hes great :) The most fun killer I have played ever, getting consistent static blast use and consistent kill rates of 3 or 4.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326
    Options

I got 3k with him and got called trash for blasting everyone to track them....

He's really good now 👍️

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

The few games I have gotten to play I too have enjoyed (His base shock still seems a tad too short but such is life)

• SquidFacedMan
    SquidFacedMan Member Posts: 148
    Options

I've been enjoying using Overcharge, Pop, Distressing and Unnerving presence. Makes Gen tapping more difficult and gives Static Blast a decent range of 40ish meters. Gens will still fly by but it gives you the ability to patrol more effectively with your terror radius. I'm reluctant to switch my perks to other more sweaty ones as I like the synergy between these four even if it isn't the most effective against Red Ranks. Slowly getting the hang of Shock Therapy timings but it does seem like people can occasionally vault or smash down a pallet even after they've been hit which can be quite annoying.

• Tarlonis
    Tarlonis Member Posts: 21
    Options

Played one game with him this morning, did terribly. Had overcharge perk which doesn't let me kick gens anymore...? No stance switch and as a result I no longer have an area of effect? I liked the stances personally...the static field would catch well hidden survivors and then I'd chase them and hit them with my burst a couple of times then switch and start smacking. I didn't get a lot of kills but I did have a lot of fun. The survivors usually were very chill after the matches too.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I’ve been using BBQ, Brutal Strength, PGTW, STBFL. I’ve also been using Restraint to counter all the Calm Spirit’s.