Ruin change is finally moving the trash killers into the ranks they should be

I don't like the ruin change, it's a blatant nerf to the hex that will render it mostly useless like all other hexes beyond the insta down hexes. Thankfully, I am not a trash killer and don't use it anyway.

However, it's been great hearing about the killers dropping ranks because they can't keep up with the pace of the game at red ranks. It's about time they dropped into the ranks they deserve to play in.

Hopefully now, when I load into a trial as survivor, I get a killer that can actually play, rather than lazily rely on a totem to do all the hard work for them.

Also, I am going to love it as killer, as I will be completely unaffected by the change, like I was with every other change to nurf killers, why? Because killers are overpowered. The only chance survivors have, is with 4man swf, and even then, they get squished most the time. If you're not capable of that as killer, then enjoy the purple/green ranks or even playing some other game 👍

Comments

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Ranks on both sides just = how much you play during the month. I never had difficulty hitting red if I played long enough each month.

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Yeah that 100% works when survivors heal but unfortunately some survivors do the "No heal meta" if that's what is is called so they rush gens and just rely on Adrenaline at the end game. If survivors don't heal what else is there to do apart from gens? Totems are a thing but most say it's a waste of time because "It's not their primary objective".

Yes I try and injure multiple survivors but being injured isn't as threatening as some people think. Why do you think mediocre players don't cleanse against Plague or even heal against a Legion and still win?

Legion showed people that being injured and rushing gens with Adrenaline is far more rewarding because you get to focus on gens without needing to find a team mate to heal you.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428
    edited January 2020

I honestly don't see how people are having a hard time now. I played 5 killer games last night, 2-4 red rank survivors each game, and. One was a full red SWF. I only had 4 escapes the entire night. One hatch, three on Badham.

First game was Legion on the swamp, 4k.

Next was Wraith without add-ons on the chapel map. 4k.

Then three games as Doc, the first one I used NOED and that was the game with 3 escapes and the only game with more than 3 gens being completed.

The other two were horrible 4k slaughters using the ruin/surveillance combo on the Game and Ironworks. The one on the Game map was the SWF and ended with 4 Iris and a perfect score.

Double pipped from rank 7 up to 5 with a black pip on the one I 'lost'. I played super nice every game. No camping, no tunneling. I expect to soar through red ranks next time I play.

I don't see why everyone is complaining. None of the games had a high mobility killer and I didn't sweat my ass off either. I don't even consider myself a great killer. If you can't do the same, you aren't as good as you think. I'm happy having switched to main killer in this patch, Doc in particular.

• BrendanLeeT

Thana does slow down the game but it only adds an additional 16 (?) seconds onto the gen with all 4 injured. Being injured is an advantage as long as the map doesn't have any god loops or structures and it definitely helps out stealth killers.

I agree with some of your points and you do make good points but unfortunately the one thing that makes me disagree or be in the middle are the maps. Gen times are fine but the biggest issues are the maps 110%.

If maps wasn't the size of Jupiter (exaggeration I know) then it would be much much easier to apply pressure. Of course this will make some killers like Billy too strong (which I will probably get hate for saying this) but it will also allow the developers to remove Bloodlust too.

If I'm on a map like Wretched Shop then I couldn't care less about being injured because I have a structure that I can waste the killer's time on for such as long time. Even if he drops chase on me, the other survivors can just run straight to it with no problems. Now if the map was Hawkings then I would definitely be healing because we all know how that map is for survivors.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited January 2020

"change" aka delete dead hard and DS ought to do it.. crutch perks that every survivor uses.. since that is the standard we are using now

• BrendanLeeT

But people will say "DH is trash due to dedicated servers!" so it's not even strong. Yes they are right, DH is trash for avoiding hits but do you know what makes DH really strong? Use it for distance because there is NOTHING a killer can do to counter that. The only time DH can be countered is if the survivors are in a deadzone or if they use DH for avoiding hits which is really easy to bait out.

The only change needed to DS are these things:

• Working on a generator deactivates DS
    • Performing an unhook deactivates DS
    • Oh and if it had proper deactivation cooldowns I wouldn't mind buffing the time it's active for

My reasoning for the change is because if you work on a generator and make yourself visible then you have no reason whatsoever to complain about being tunneled. The second change again if you are unhooking someone, a risky action if the killer is nearby, then survivors have no rights to complain about being tunneled.

Oh and DS doesn't need to deactivate when another survivor is hooked because nothing is stopping the killer from slugging the tunneled survivor, downing another survivor and once hooking them returning to the slugged survivor. If these changes go through then the killer will have no reason to complain about being hit by DS unless they actually tunneled.

Even though DS can be annoying we really do need an anti-tunnel perk.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Meanwhile I get team mates at r1 who most likely cant even tie their shoe laces based on how they play, but sure thats fine I quess.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

ok since there will be less bad killers in red ranks we need:

a) harder pipping for survs

b) avg/decent killers to make bad survs depip

EZ

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

1/10 for the attempt

Obvious troll is obvious

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I agree. It’s interesting to see the good players are doing just fine and the ones that sit around the hook waiting for the tunnel and eating through DS are getting genrushed into oblivion. Coincidentally these are the ones that all switched to NOED.

• Shredder32
    Shredder32 Member Posts: 38

With all of these trash killers running about I have to ask, how exactly does one kill trash? I just throw mine away or recycle as appropriate.

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

corrupt isnt as good as you make it sound , 2/3 of the games I play with it the survivors just hide and cleanse totems.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Well, it depends. What were your builds for them? How did they pressure survivors? How is your own skill? What addons did you use (because default legion is worst legion)? What maps did you have? Were you on PC or Console? Are you sure they were/weren't SWF?

There are so many factors in this that your statement doesn't really prove a point without the necessary data.

• willoftheboss
    willoftheboss Member Posts: 59

>They have not adressed these issues, so killers that aren't god tier now suffer.

yeah it especially sucks because i'm trying to learn killer and try out new killers and level them and i'm not high ranked but keep getting put up against red rank survivors that know every single perfect loop spot and have memorized the maps inside and out and know how to perfectly counter every killer etc.

for all i hear about BHVR catering exclusively to new players and dumping on newbies they really don't do anyone learning killers any favors.

• Ol_Philly_Six
    Ol_Philly_Six Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2020

Can't we all just get along??

• Ol_Philly_Six
    Ol_Philly_Six Member Posts: 35

Their username is "gamerscrybecauseofme", what do you expect.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

It's not just that. They also couldn't find a work around. Don't want to know, how to find totems, don't want to know, how to gen tap. Survivors shell not be arsed about inconveniences.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

It’s not about how well you do in chases too much. And hey, sometimes it happens.

Sometimes I can loop and juke the killer for 5 gens+ but other times I get downed RIGHT after the first hit. I guess it all depends on what your mood is.

People miss their DS, but it’s not often, as it’s easier to hit now. Though, again, it could be on what mood you’re in. Or if you forget you have DS. Stupid me :(

Ranking up as survivor isn’t hard, but killers can make it so that you de rank (or pip) SO fast, by simply tunneling you to death. By not letting you do any generators, unhooks, or that other thing. (I don’t know what it’s called) All you can do is get a SEMI good chaser emblem and THAT’S the problem with the emblem system.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

You know that goes both ways right?

Survivors that couldn't work through Ruin are now being boosted to ranks they shouldn't be in.

I don't think this perk nerf solves anything with rank, it just switched the tides.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

Wut? I can go from depip one game in red ranks to double pip the next game. Rank doesnt mean anything in this game.

• Awsomedude6655
    Awsomedude6655 Member Posts: 8

I'm a survivor main, ruin was annoying, but it didn't need a nerf, it added some challenge. I can see why everyone is mad about it getting nerfed though, its like what I felt with decisive strike.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

Strong bait this one.

• BrendanLeeT

Well like I've stated before having varying opinions is a good thing and makes us humans and not boring robots. I'd like to personally thank you for doing a proper discussion and not going off-topic or throwing a tantrum.

• gamerscrybecauseofme
    gamerscrybecauseofme Member Posts: 366
    edited January 2020

Yes! It's far easier for survivors to pip. Then again, because they're weaker, they're not expected to win trials, so piping would be easier for them.

Post edited by gamerscrybecauseofme on
  • gamerscrybecauseofme
    gamerscrybecauseofme Member Posts: 366
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by gamerscrybecauseofme on
  • They really need to fix that. It's not right that matchmaking is so #########

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    edited January 2020
  • Yes, it's totally possible. How do all the trappers, clowns and other "slow killers" last in red ranks?

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555

I agree that killer mains are as entitled as survivor mains and cried too much about ruin and should be able to play without it but

Clown exists, Bubba exists, Wraith exists, Trapper exists. Those killers who cant do a good job at pressuring the map are in a bad position, and it's not necessarily the fault of the players here.

Plus, half the maps are still extremely bad for all the non-high mobility killers.

And finally, matchmaking doesnt help, but that's not really linked to Ruin there.

So, even if I hate how everyone just cried and cried and cried about Ruin's rework, I cant agree with that post.