Lunar New Year and the Rift

Options

I don't know if anyone else will have the same opinion as me, but, I feel like the Lunar new year cosmetics should have been treated like the Withering/Hallowed Blight. Why are they on the PAID side when they have NEVER been pay to earn in all my years of being on this game? What if there are players who can't afford the $10 and need to be strict with their money for personal reasons? I don't like the change and it seems unfair (in my opinion) that it's like this now? Have one on the paid one, but why all of them (Yes, I'm including the Jeff and Susie one since technically they DO count as New Year outfits. They were %100 you have to pay for them too.)

Why can't we just earn coins like we did the serum and then place those in the shop like they did with everything else when the event is over with. And selling us more when they haven't even reimbursed the missing Lunar New year and Summer event items? Mh, Hm..

Comments

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

Honestly surprised they didn't do this. Not sure why. Maybe because there aren't as many cosmetics as the Halloween ones? Who knows.

• Scarecrow
    Scarecrow Member Posts: 32
    Options

It feels like a big money grab now and its so disappointing that it's come to this. They could have just put them on the earning by playing side, with tokens or without them. Then just put it on the store after the event/rift is over for the normal $10 each. It's not like they would be losing out on the money considering people buy the rift pass anyways. Now its strictly if you can afford to shell out money for practically everything, and not everyone can do that.

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295
    Options

You could earn them all last year during the lunar event and there were 9 pieces of cosmetics instead of the 6 this year.

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254
    Options

Things change...get over it. If $10 for all those cosmetics isnt worth it to you, fine. Stop complaining that you dont get more stuff for free. They're giving you the clown and feng costumes for free...just be grateful you get anything FOR FREE

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I'm not surprised that they put some cosmetics in the premium Rift - if I'm not mistaken, they did the same thing with the Nurse's Halloween skin.

In general, though, I agree. In the absence of a proper event, I would have liked to see something along the same lines as the Withering Blight. Lunar Coins in the free Rift, with which we could buy maybe 3 of the 6 cosmetic pieces released in the Store for the Lunar New Year (Susie's and Jeff's outfits). And Red Envelope offerings that spawned event hooks and generators for extra bloodpoints. I personally would have preferred that to some free recolours, as nice as it is that they've gone back to giving out cosmetics for free, but that's just the way it goes.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

I came to the forum to ask about the Susie and Jeff outfits, whether paying is the only way to earn them, I kind of assumed it would be like the serum but I guess not.

• Scarecrow
    Options

The clown and the Feng cosmetics are FREE is because they weren't created by the IN GAME designers, they were contest winners. That's a big difference. And No one here has to "get over it" Its an opinion and there is no reason to be rude over such. Obviously people agree with me. Not everyone has to though,

• namjuunn
    namjuunn Member Posts: 43
    Options

I did pay for the first rift thing and lollllllllll didnt even get to high level to earn things, anyway paying for that is bs

• Scarecrow
    Options

I believe Poly Esther said that to get EVERYTHING/to level 70, it took him like 60/70 hours. I think. The grind can be pretty rough.

• namjuunn
    namjuunn Member Posts: 43
    Options

yeah the grind can be rough especially when the challenges can take some more time to complete. I mean for me, one dam challenge literally takes sometimes up to 2-3 matches to complete...