Survivors, is Doctor less annoying to play against now?

Options

My only input into this is that for the games I did have against him, not having to worry about the static field tickling me constantly was nice, I didn’t feel like I was always exposed. The blast doesn’t feel to bad to deal with since it doesn’t happen too frequently and it might not even get used near me. I didn’t get chased to often but for the couple of solid chases I had, his shock was a threat but not a guaranteed death sentence.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,639
    Options

I did not have a problem with the Doctor to begin with (at least since I am more knowledgeable at the game).

However, from a new Survivor-Perspective the Static Field was the most confusing thing for me, because you start to Scream without the Doctor being close to you. This was irritating and quite frustrating, since I wanted to go for Stealth at this point.

So I guess for a new Survivor it is better, because the Static Blast actually gives knowledge WHY you start Screaming, instead of it just happening. This is a big plus.

Regarding the Shock Therapy, for a Survivor, it does not feel different, but WAY better as Killer with the 1,5 seconds Cooldown. HUGE improvement.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2020
    Options

In regards to the last part, It feels as though I can shock people much faster than before, which at loops can essentially force them to drop the pallet or get hit. I use Brutal Strength as a core perk on him because of this, he destroys loops.

At first I also didn’t see much point in his range add-ons anymore but they are pretty good for blocking off survivors from more distant faults and it’s good paired with the iridescent king.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Doc become ultimate end game killer. Combine Whispers + his new Blast + add-on that counter Calm Spirit + Iron Maiden and its near impossible to hide from him. You must use Sole Survivor perk to survive this.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062
    Options

Doc used to be #2 on my list of 3 killers that I'd just go AFK against.

Now, I'll gladly face him. He's fun to go against and when he kills me, I feel like it's actually deserved now.

+1 for the Devs on this change.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I've enjoyed the games I've had against him, sadly haven't got the anticlockwise skillchecks one yet. Iridescent queen is more funny than annoying.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    Options

Still haven't faced him. :<

He's funner to play though!

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I enjoyed playing him more than old doc. Im loving whispers + distressing (bigger TR mind went blank) + reverse skill checks. So many screams in the map. I love it!

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Haven't played against new Doc at time of writing, but his old iteration with Static Field was kind of a joke when you actually new how to play against him.

There were a lot of games where I'd just run at him, go into Madness 1, then ignore him for the rest of the game because I'm a Blendette that does the objective.

He now seems to actually fit is role as a PRESSURE Killer.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

I am probably in the minority but I never really found him annoying.

The new doctor seems more powerful, but still not "annoying".

• Hellbughunter
    Hellbughunter Member Posts: 83
    Options

If you like screams i sugest iridecent queen with caters notes discipline. It is a blast.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

He actually feels more annoying now, which I didn’t think was possible.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

waaaay too early to make conclusions about this.

Ask it again in like a month.