We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Matchmaking

I know there are so many threads about this topic already but just thought id throw my two pence in aswell and ask the devs please for the love of god stop pushing for money at every single turn and fix what needs to be fixed first.

Doesnt matter what rank im at, EVERY SINGLE MATCH is like this and im not gonna lie, it makes me want to stop playing the game. Im an ok killer but being matched with these ranks every game combined with the sounds being broken just makes every trial not fun to play regardless of result.

I do try to play survivor too but in the 1 hour per evening i manage to get online, ill only get maybe 1 or 2 matches due to lobby wait times.

Please please please, devote your resources into making the game playable for everyone before trying to sqeeze every last penny you can out of the playerbase.

Comments

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Yeah it’s rough. It’s tough to keep grinding when the lobbies take forever and you get matched with red rank survivors. It’s crap.

• BigFudge
    BigFudge Member Posts: 240

I wouldnt mind if it wasnt every damn match. People will think im exaggerating but im lucky to see even a purple rank lately.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

I'm not entirely sure why, and I don't know if you do, but have you tried playing a different Killer for 10 matches. Yes that's right 10 matches in a row.

I've noticed this when I switch between my Freddy and my Legion. When I play Freddy I'll play against survivors within my ranks, and as I keep playing, and keep stomping they progressively get harder (with very little gain to my own rank), until I am in que for about 4-6 minutes and then get back to back top red rank - most of which swf.

Then if I switch to Legion my level 50, not p3, and not all the perks unlocked. My matches start to progressively go down. I don't do much different play wise, and still pip here and there (I try to remain in Purple ranks, because it feels like I face less red rank swf there, so i'll de rank via farming if I get to rank 6 just before 5 - then go to rank 4 before rank reset). Anyways, while playing Legion who isn't even finished being optimized I start to get closer to playing against purple ranks, and then even into playing against purple and green ranks.

Which i'm sure there are games where someone is SWF with ranks above or below them that also skew my observations.

It's too bad we don't have the technicality's of how the match making works, so that we are not just making random assumption on how matchmaking works, or how bad it is, but this observation seems consistent enough, that there must be something coinciding how far you progressed a Killer, or have played a Killer back to back.

• BigFudge

Yea I upload vids to my YT so I try to use a different killer and/or build every match. Thats interesting how you can almost manipulate your lobbys lol. Unfortunately for all my attempts at variation of killers and builds, im inevitably met with the same 4 red ranks in my end game lobby.

They will have either stomped me good and hard or I will have 'beaten them' and need a lie down 😂😂

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited January 2020

You aren't alone...I am perfectly happy to sit in Green-Purple Ranks, usually Green due to taking breaks because of burnout & annoyances with this game...but Ive hit Purple a couple times... I KNOW where my limits are skill wise...I play casually to have fun, I don't sweat or expect to ALWAYS win....

But when this becomes my normal matching for gamea...it kills my morale

Let's...but the Devs apparently make balance changes based on newer Survivors and easing the frustrations. Coupled with map issues and matchmaking it really drops the idea of Killers being a threat. Even more so when more experienced players that know the ins & outs too well, keep punching down on lower rank Killers due to matchmaking. Thoughout Gray, Yellow & Green Ranks..Id get days of full on Red Ranks. In some cases when Gray Rabked, I'd get Green & Purple Ranks, which thankfully I could handle...but what about newer or more casual Killer players, what happens to them if this is how it is?

• Inokara
    Inokara Member Posts: 50

Apperntly they said in their stream today that within the next few weeks a solution to match making will be live. It better be >_>

• BigFudge

We can only hope! Ive tried to look at it like "facing better players will make me a better player" but theres not much to be taken from 4-5 minute matches

• Nikkiwhat

Exactly...when there's a huge discrepancy of skill & rank...there's not much to gleam from it... "Oh they know the God Loops" "Oh they found multiple safe pallets" "their teammates called out my totem or my location".

It becomes a situation where they feel empowered, get free easy points and teabag their way home laughing...while us Killers get a miserable experience being punched down on

• BigFudge

People say "its too easy to rank up as survivor" and red ranks is "full of potatoes" which in part is true. Survivor is ridiculously easy, but the problem lies in no matter how good a "red rank" survivor maybe as a whole, they do know what to do are quick on gens. There only needs to be one good chaser in a team of 4.

• Nikkiwhat

I truly wish the Rift & Tome never became a thing...because I could more easily quit this game....

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

+-6 isn't that bad. Nothing to complain about.

• BigFudge

The gulf in skill level between rank 6 and 1 isnt even comparable.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Maybe for killers I guess. How can the devs stop all survivors from hitting red ranks?

• BigFudge

I feel the only issue is the fact that I, like many other killers, are facing full red ranks EVERY game. If the games were more evenly spread with fluctuating ranks I could take losing to a 4 man red rank team as there was hope for the next match.

At the moment I know for a fact I'm gonna have to sweat in order to pip as i wont be at the level of my opponents.