Would you recommend DBD in its current state to a friend?

Options
shalo
shalo Member Posts: 1,498

Word of mouth is the best seller so I thought it would be interesting to ask would you recommend DBD in its current state to a friend? Outright no? Outright yes? Or would you say yes but ...

I'd yes if you're going to play survivor with a friend, straight up no if you want to be a beginner Killer right now.

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I would. It's a lot of fun once you learn it.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    Options

I'd recommend it with one warning: certain survivors in this game can be toxic. Real toxic.

I know everyone is mad about ruin but in comparison to when I joined around Clown's release in 2018 the game is in a much, much, much better spot balance wise. It's also more optimized.

I'm hoping for Year 4 the devs only release 3 chapters so they can focus more resources on map reworks and optimization.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options

No. My little brother has inquired about it as we play Apex and PUBG together almost nightly and I told him not to bother a week or so ago. Queue times for survivor is too long, killer is too sweaty. Most of my other friends have already tried it a year or more ago and quickly moved on.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Hell yeah, the game is great for people who seek horror and love the idea of teamwork.

Nothing can compete with Dead by Daylight's cat and mouse game, it's literally the best.

However, if I would encourage a friend to start with survivor than work their way to playing killer after enough experience. 😁

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885
    Options

Nope. Far too toxic at the moment. It's not a good environment for new players. Maybe with the matchmaking changes and other changes the devs have in mind, things will improve, but we will have to wait and see.

• DalauanDivine
    DalauanDivine Member Posts: 126
    Options

I wouldn't recommend it in any state considering the abusive people that play it who think it's okay to blurt out the most despicable stuff

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

Of course, but I'll tell them that the community is just like any other.

• princeharlequin
    princeharlequin Member Posts: 58
    Options

Absolutely not

• Number22
    Number22 Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2020
    Options

It's funny you post this because I was literally thinking not so long ago about how flawed this game is from both killer and survivor perspectives, and I was wondering who would buy this game now knowing the state it's in. The answer is no, I would not recommend it. Not only has this game had its fair share of bugs over the years, but a year ago (on ps4) it would take an hour to an hour and a half to find a match with 3 to 4 survivors swf. Absolutely ridiculous. It took them more than half a year to fix this. It was improved not so long ago, but it still needs work. It seems like things are always getting fixed but things are always messing up. Not to mention the general toxicity/[female dog]iness on both sides in this community. Survivors DCing when they get hooked/killed early, Survivors DCing when a certain map/perk or add on is used. Killers DCing when survivors pop gens early, killers DCing when survivors cleanse a totem. The flawed mechanics of the game and sense of entitlement/sense of righteousness this community is known for makes this seem like a waste of money and really unappealing.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

As survivor? Hell friggign yeah!

As killer? Only if you like a challenge.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    edited January 2020
    Options

Depends on the friend. Some like compatative games to sweat into, some want to play chilled and relaxed games. I have a friend who plays cs go and lol and so I thought dbd could be somehow compared and would fit. Overall he likes dbd, its atleast what he told me xD

• thelioncid
    thelioncid Member Posts: 43
    Options

I did it, I already have several friends and they love the game, I don't know why I shouldn't, the game is very fun and the waiting times have improved a lot

• StingyJack
    StingyJack Member Posts: 12
    Options

Absolutely not

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,256
    edited January 2020
    Options

I actively discourage anyone asking from buying this game. This game is special to me but for a newcomer it will become a stressful experience.

• Killer role is a struggle juggling 4 survivors and is stressful
    • Survivor is incredibly easy to a point where you have to look for the killer at times

It's been like this for a while but when ever BHVR reworks most of the maps is probably when I'd start recommending the game. Maps really are a big issue in this game as well as stuff for survivor to do.

• Lufanati
    Lufanati Member Posts: 198
    Options

No, the game hasn't been in a worse state since I've picked it up. Just as glitchy as ever, but now it's even more unbalanced.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options
  • TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options