PS4 Killers

dyingwaffle
dyingwaffle Member Posts: 3
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

I'm making this post because I'm suffering so badly and just want to reach out. I've never really looked at forums let alone make an account.

I'm losing my mind playing killer. Frame rates on console is beyond frustrating. I deal with survivors using the same meta builds, perks constantly giving them 2nd chances after second chances as I desperately try to just nail a hit. Downing someone isnt even a feeling of accomplishment. The swf, the perks, the items. All of it. All while frame rate is working in their favor in the background. I've recieved so many messages telling me that I'm trash, or a camper, or should uninstall when i dont even think they were even good. Frame rate on this game has made me consider rage quitting, throwing my controller, and uninstalling. Ruin use to help me get something worth while but now every gen is done in under 5 minutes. I have survivors that just mess with me at that point. I'm rank 6, I go against red ranks all the time. My connection is fine, nat is fine, I have amazing internet. I just wanna know I'm not ththe only one suffering and putting up with this game..

Comments

• BillyAndStu
    BillyAndStu Member Posts: 120

My fav killers are gf and clown. I hardly played clown tho and hes even worse post ruin nerf. Mobile killers are the only ones not suffering as hard from the ruin nerf at the moment and it breaks my heart. Ive been a fan of this game since it came out i play most of the killers but the only ones who dont need ruin to have a fighting chance arent very fun to me.

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

Honestly, just stick to high mobility killers. Not sure what to do if you're playing base movement speed killers, but they're going to be broken until gen speeds are fixed.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

My main killer is Trapper. For some reason, survivors have been avoiding triggering some of my traps and I don't understand why. It's usually the traps I place where they have vault and trigger it. Anyone else experience something like that? They're very inconsistent.

• dyingwaffle

Oni, plague, doc, leatherface, ghostface, spirit. All of them had frame issues

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Yeah, killer was already horrible before the ruin change because of matchmaking. Now with ruin nerfed it’s unbearable. I’m only playing killer for the challenges, other than that nope. It’s far too stressful. I can’t even play casually without sweaty survivors t bagging and doing whatever they can do to be toxic. I’m just sticking to survivor where I have to deal with killers are camp and tunnel, but you can’t even blame them. Also sad that it seems farming is extinct. Killers and survivors have way to much tension to even act friendly towards each other.

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

Rebuild the database.

• Turn your PS4 off completely
    • Hold down the power button until it beeps a second time, let go.
    • Plug a controller in with a USB cable, navigate to the option 'rebuild database'.

It takes anywhere from 10 minutes to a few hours, but is like de-fragmenting the harddrive.

Next, if you've never cleared your learning dictionary, you should. If you can live without it, you can just turn off predictive text, which is what builds the learning dictionary.

To clear the learning dictionary:

• Go to settings, click on 'Initialize' select clear learning dictionary.

To turn off predictive text:

• Go to settings > languages > input methods > uncheck Predictive text

Clearing the learning dictionary is just as effective as turning it off if you clear it regularly.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

This is a really interesting suggestion. I’m going to try these out tomorrow.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

The only killer that's giving me framerate issues while I play as them is Doc. It gives me big sad 😔.

I loved him before, and I love him now. However I can't play him because the slideshow I play at about the halfway point of the match gives me a headache.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Play survivor and farm to max out bloodpoints. Until Killer is worth playing (more fun than stressful) I’m sticking to survivor.

• VicThor
    VicThor Member Posts: 347

I feel you. I had the same experience with low mobility killers, I feel like it's impossible to win with them. Of course survivors aren't helpful with their behavior. Also my understanding that there was some change around Oni's flick, however It's pretty much the same. To be honest at this point I wouldn't mind a rank reset for killers only, because it seems my current skill level is around level 15 without ruin when I play low mobility killers. That means I have to depip 50 times to get to that rank...

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13 Member Posts: 182

If it helps, you can also set your message settings to private, so only friends can message you. That way you don't have to deal with the stupid post game comments.

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

Both sides suffer from really bad framerate on console dbd

• Legion_Of_Angels
    Legion_Of_Angels Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2020

I totally agree as a killer main, one moment the frame-rate will be fine, the next match i'm moving at half my normal speed, my killers are twitching and spazzing out, and i'm unintentionally letting everyone escape because i can't even use my ability properly, and i only get one sympathy hook since i can't catch anyone. The game is slowly going to crap, with more and more problems being added onto others over time, it feels like nothing is getting done development wise, and no MAJOR problems are being solved. Starting to hope the game just dies soon, unless they add some sort of unique or offline modes to relax and not be sweaty all the time, or just unranked matches to prolong the life of the game.

• Simply_Ghostface
    Simply_Ghostface Member Posts: 22

Yeah PS4 servers are pretty trash.

• TitanByDaylight
    TitanByDaylight Member Posts: 169

I feel u, there is one way to still do good, basement bubba. Trust me 70% of the time it works and good luck playing anyone else and have good matches

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Yeah it's bad times, i can slaughter everyone with mobility killers, but that's boring, so I like playing killers like trapper, sometimes you do well and sometimes you get stomped by pricks that do the straight up in the air flashlight flip off exit even though you played fair. Makes me want to start a list of people to facecamp but that's too much work

• dyingwaffle

You know theres a set speed on wiggling right? You dont need to destroy your joystick. As long as you're moving the joystick you're wiggling. Doesnt matter about speed

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

I know that, but it doesn't need to exist in that way in the first place. What it my lil cousin is playing? I can't do anything about her or others wiggling it like that if the game tells them to wiggle.

Also, what does that have to do with it being a stupid mechanic? It's exclusive to console in the first place, why not just make it a button or two button rapid action?