Is the sabo challenge unhealthy or toxic?

Options
Saitamfed
Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Hello How is everyone? Have a good day/afternoon/evening. So I was doing the sabo challenge (10 hooks) at Lery's. I wanted to do it in a single match or two at most, because I wanted to move on in the next one. The killer was a doctor, who could barely hook any survivors, when the final gen popped up, he left the match and sent me a message saying that I was being toxic and I apologized, told him that I was just trying to get the challenge done and I didn't intend to make a frustrating experience for him. Was I being toxic? Should I had sabotaged only two or three hooks per match?

I know a lot of players here when it comes to camp/tunnel says "they don't care about your fun, you shouldn't care about their fun" but I don't believe that's a good way to think. I do think that doctor player should had fun instead of a lot of players escaping his grasp because of a lack of hooks. I think they should reduce the number to five or four. What do you think?

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I mean it is frustrating when hooks are destroyed, but so is getting tunneled by a killer so... Just play as you do. Sabo'ing is a tactic. It's not like you cheated, or were literally waiting for the killer to arrive to destroy the hook. Just let salty players be salty I say.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425
    Options

Idk I've been camp for more than 10 games in a row for sabotaging the killer hooks or traps while running breakout to get an achievement. No I don't t bag or point

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

No, sabo is fine and is normally easy to deal with. Plus, it means that you were off generators for long periods of time, so I definitely wouldn't complain about it if I were the killer.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

Its not toxic. Sabo is part of the game. Now trying to complete the challenge in one or two matches some may consider toxic to your teammates. You wasted time trying to complete the challenge instead of completing objectives.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394
    Options

It not toxic, it just makes for un-fun gameplay. When you dont have alot of time for chases, you dont have time to look for a hook. Ive been tunneling out people doing this challenge if i spot them.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

I just have a match where survivors throw games just for this stupid challenge

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options
  • Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I think sabotaging hooks is a game mechanic, and playing the game is not toxic. Using the tools you have at your disposal to do well in the game is not toxic. If sabotaging hooks served no tactical advantage and did nothing except ruin the game for the other player, then maybe you could call it toxic, but that's not the case.

It's nice that you want to look out for other players' fun, and it's decent of you to apologise and try to explain yourself. It's always good, I think, to try to make sure the other players also have a good time, given the opportunity and if you can afford to do so without throwing the game yourself. But no, you weren't being toxic, and really, he needs to get over it and move onto the next game instead of going out of his way to send accusatory messages. Having hooks sabotaged in front of your face isn't much fun. Neither is being tunneled or camped. But it's also just part of the game, and not really worth giving yourself or other people grief over.

• Siren
    Siren Member Posts: 71
    Options

It's not toxic. But people don't do it very often in games so the killers never expect it, so it is extremely frustrating to them when multiple hooks are sabo-ed. I tried to only do 3 hooks per game, but that's just my personal preference.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Hooks come back. So it's not toxic.... if anything he should have dealt with whoever kept making noises amd dropping hooks.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394
    Options

Because it either gets them out of the game, baits the rescue, or both and can snowball.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

To unexperienced killers, it can be pretty frustrating, especially when done by a swf. However, it's not a great strategy overall.

In general, during the Tome, just accept that both survivors and killer are going to play a little dumb or annoying just because they need to secure their challenges. It is what it is.

P.S. sacrifice 2 survivors during egc, AGAIN? Really, bhvr?

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

I thought the 4 stack of Survivors with toolboxes were gen rushers so I put on Franklins and they were doing hooks. I still hit them.

• Mrwood204
    Mrwood204 Member Posts: 226
    Options

Not necessarily toxic. I honestly never really sabod a hook before and was suprised at how fast it could be done with the right toolbox

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Sorry. I needed to vent. But thanks. I love you all! ❤️

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

That's not toxic, I play failey split killer/survivor leaning more killer and when I see no hooks near me I usually just say screw it and drop the survivor I'm carrying and move on. What's toxic is the people who enter a game and run the entire map fast vaulting windows and dropping every pallet they see as soon as they see it while not being in a chase just to mess with the other players, had two of those last night, one as killer and one as survivor, made me so mad as survivor and just annoyed as killer.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

It's just another objective it can annoy killers but usually a smart killer will appreciate that you aren't on a generator lol just don't get mad if he slugs you cause he may not be able to hook.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Hooks respawn and if you're sabboing hooks you're not doing gens.

Also The Doc could simply slug, but I don't see how he had an issue in the first place unless you were 99ing hooks and sabboing hooks in his face. And even then... he could've simply dropped the survivor and chased you.

If the chase is finished quickly before the 2 mins are up he could simply slug for a bit. If the chase lasts 2 mins he can hook you at the end of the chase. Or even better.. chase you to a non sabboed hook.

Unless you're a coordinated SWF squad sabboing... it really isn't effective at all. Seems like the Doc overeacted and played poorly.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

No hard feelings pal it would be toxic for me that you catch someone and they break the hook you were going but still strategy and hook regenerates too

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

I don't think it's unhealthy or toxic. It's kinda interesting to see some saboing in a match. Spice things up and change the classic gameplay. I appreciate it. 🙂

• tkwmm
    tkwmm Member Posts: 103
    edited January 2020
    Options

I always bring agitation on my trapper. So sabo is fine to me since i have enough speed to bring them to another hook in my territories.

Do remember. If they are sabo. They not doing gen, which is good for killer.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I got lucky, I sabo'd all 10 hooks in one match. Turned out the killer wasn't interested in killing us, so I got a real break, there. I really thought I was gonna get tunneled out with extreme prejudice.

On the one hand, a hook sabo'er isn't doing gens, which means the match goes slower. On the other hand, I will absolutely stop playing nice and kill someone I see sabo'ing hooks if they catch me in the wrong mood. I've slugged survivors to death for it.

It's not toxic or unhealthy to sabo hooks, but neither is it toxic if the killer slugs, tunnels, or camps the sabo'er. That's the game. Just because you get annoyed at a playstyle doesn't make it toxic or unhealthy.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885
    Options

Not toxic, at all. Go for it. The time you spend doing that means less time your are spending doing other things. Plus they respawn (not sure on the time) eventually. Seems like a good time to slug

What I find toxic are the coordinated swf groups that 99% a hook, body block you on the way to the hook and then sabotage it at the last second.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

Sabotaging hooks is pretty good for the killer, because you're are wasting so much time. One survivor less on gens.

And if the killer is smart he still gets all hooks. Those killers that are complaining about that, are just not killermains, not smart or to sensitive for this kind of game.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

People try to make a lot of things sound toxic and really if you ask me the only thing that matters is if you really meant for it to even be.

Doing the challenge? That's fine. It's not the same as somebody running around doing literally nothing all game but hook breaking in the killer's face and teabagging or something.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

I know sabotaging hooks is a mechanic in the game so it is not toxic. however, I am going for this challenge and equipped Alex's toolbox with increased sabotage add on speed and managed to sabotage 8 hooks. I felt so scummy doing that because it was against a Huntress who was clearly not red rank. I honestly am not a fan of this challenge. Yes, you could say I spent all match going around sabotaging hooks, but with those add ons I did not waste ANY time and still did gens, saved people. I let the huntress sacrifice me and messaged them to apologize. I will get my final 2 with the perk sabotage and never have to worry about it again hopefully.

• ELECTRIK_VISION
    ELECTRIK_VISION Member Posts: 42
    Options

I had someone sabo’ing hooks today as I was carrying people to the hooks so once that happened I just dropped the survivor and went after them instead no point letting them break free because I can’t get to another hook let them lie on the floor and someone can save them, it’s a tactic and not toxic at all only maybe it could be if the whole team is doing it as a 4 man to troll but then I guess you just slug everyone and hook them once they are all down 😂