Acceptable Gameplay

Options

Apparently it is acceptable game play to lock the Killer into a Flashlight loop so that they can't stop getting blinded. I got locked up against a wall by a Survivor while another ran around and continuously blinded me. I couldn't see the Survivor who was blocking me, so all I could do was randomly swing and hope I connected. This didn't happen, so I just DC'd.

Maybe the new flashlight bug that was added into the game needs addressed ASAP. Might make the game a little more palatable since Matchmaking is a hot mess right now, and at Rank 13 I'm facing all purple and red squads, with a couple sprinkled here that actually match my rank.

Comments

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Options

Ah. If they fix it though it might ruin the survivors experience and they don't want to upset their cash cow so...I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Tried. I still got blinded. First thing I tried in fact. Managed to look at the wall as well, but I still got blinded from the side. Not sure what is going on, but it is not healthy at all.

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363
    Options

In this situation it would be fun if you waited for the flashlight to deplete (and have recorded the match), and then facecamped. This is a flashlight bug if I'm not mistaken and that was an exploit so a report wouldn't be discharged by the Devs.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214
    Options

I also feel like I get blinded sooner as killer. I'll see a feint light and then BAM I'm blinded. Was it a perma blind or were you able to see before you DC'd?

• Mringasa
    Options

Yeah. Sadly I wasn't recording at the time. Making an effort to learn Demogorgon's game play atm, and my matches have been frustrating to say the least. Gen times are so fast, LOT of toolboxes, so I don't get much time to practice anything with it.

Really salty AF though about this whole thing. I don't mind getting blinded, it's part of the game as irritating as it is, but to get basically stun locked for however many clicks you can get out of a flashlight is pretty trash imo.

• Mringasa
    Options

I was getting about half a second of vision before I'd get blinded again. It wasn't that perma-blind bug that's been floating around from how people have described it. They just kept flashlighting me while another Survivor locked me into the wall.

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363
    Options

Just a small tip anyways, when a survivor is blocking while duck, point the mouse downwards, do the simple m1 press and move the mouse fast to the sides... that usually gets them. I don't have a lot of experience playing killer but that's how I do it and it works but hoppefully experienced killers might have some experience on those situations and might be able to give you better tips.