Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Rank 1 No Mither Survivor AMA

ASK ME ANYTHING

Got to rank 1 using this build: No Mither, Resilience, and Borrowed Time. I call it the 'No Mither Fight Club' build. I'd swap around my last perk depending what I wanted to focus on that trial.

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

ASK ME ANYTHING

What sort of music do you like?
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Hard to pin do my exact music tastes. I'm a fan of Slipknot and Prodigy. Also like mellow stuff and electronic. I'm a fan of Deadmau5 and I listen to some hip-hop. But I'm not really into most "popular" music.

• BasementLeatherBoi
    BasementLeatherBoi Member Posts: 72

Did you ever escape the trial due to getting slugged and then no mither trolling the kill?

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Do you have any plans to start using perks that are actually useful?

And, is that console or are you just using a controller?

• thesuicidefox

No I won't troll killers. I usually end up offering myself to them after gates are powered if they didn't kill anyone and played fair. If they take someone though I will play to escape. I've escaped a handful of games, this screenshot being one of them. This trapper was pretty solid and got 2 so I left. I used Small Game for totems and got lucky we had a trapper because it saved my butt a few times when I wasn't ready to give up my hook. Never found the guys totem though SMH (someone else got it midgame), found like 3 dulls though.

• thesuicidefox

@Mister_Holdout said:

I play the game on Xbox. And my build is very useful. Case and point > http://xboxclips.com/thesuicidefox/46d027be-a193-4259-9c26-b43c4d8c5744

That was the 4th time I did this to this killer, it should have been 3 but he left me slugged one time and I got up. He was camping hooks super hard, so I did this to him. He got me, but I play to die so what (still pipped), but because of this everyone else got out. I was tapping gens around the map and 2 popped about 40 seconds after I died here and then they escaped. I can make those saves that are impossible and force the killer to take my hook because he can't slug me like a normal survivor. He has to hook me, and when I don't struggle he takes me far away for BBQ/event hook, my team finishes gens and leaves.

• BasementLeatherBoi
    BasementLeatherBoi Member Posts: 72

Just to be clear I didn’t mean trolling like teabagging or pallet looping or anything like that. I hate that kind of stuff. I meant did you ever actually get to escape because he slugged you while you were running no mither.

• thesuicidefox
    edited August 2018

@BasementLeatherBoi said:
    Just to be clear I didn’t mean trolling like teabagging or pallet looping or anything like that. I hate that kind of stuff. I meant did you ever actually get to escape because he slugged you while you were running no mither.

No, my escapes have been usually me standing by an open gate waiting for the killer to hook a guy, and then only leave when it's the guy's last hook. If it's not the last hook I will yolo save and the killer will usually take me, so I wouldn't escape in that situation.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

@thesuicidefox said:

@Mister_Holdout said:

I play the game on Xbox. And my build is very useful. Case and point > http://xboxclips.com/thesuicidefox/46d027be-a193-4259-9c26-b43c4d8c5744

That was the 4th time I did this to this killer, it should have been 3 but he left me slugged one time and I got up. He was camping hooks super hard, so I did this to him. He got me, but I play to die so what (still pipped), but because of this everyone else got out. I was tapping gens around the map and 2 popped about 40 seconds after I died here and then they escaped. I can make those saves that are impossible and force the killer to take my hook because he can't slug me like a normal survivor. He has to hook me, and when I don't struggle he takes me far away for BBQ/event hook, my team finishes gens and leaves.

Dude, I didn't know you played on Xbox.

PC is an entirely different beast. I should know, I have 1000 hours on console.

And I'm telling you, things are different. This build of yours won't hold up on PC. The killers are much better.

Not trying to be mean or anything, that's just my observation. No Mither is not a very good perk on PC.

• thesuicidefox
    edited August 2018

@Mister_Holdout said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Mister_Holdout said:

And I'm telling you, things are different. This build of yours won't hold up on PC. The killers are much better.

Not trying to be mean or anything, that's just my observation. No Mither is not a very good perk on PC.

You don't understand what I'm doing though. I can make saves other players can't. I can force the killer to come get me. If you are an obsession I can take hits for you to save pallets/DS. Now the killer here wasn't very good. I have no doubt killers on PC are better, but when I'm playing to ensure my team survives it works as long as my teammates don't make mistake they get out. This guy wasn't a very good killer, evidenced by the fact of what his strategy was (camp/tunnel someone from the start of the game with LF). But I can do this to good killers and still pip, and give lots of chances to other survivors in the trial to stay alive.

The problem is survivors put on NM and play to escape. That's not how you use NM. You have to play like you are definitely going to die so you should do everything you can to make sure your team stays up. Does it work every game? No but I will usually still safety pip at least. It works you just have to not play like a normal survivor and try to escape. You have to play like a NM survivor and play like you are going to die any second.

I've also done stuff like get on a killers totem as they chase the obsession around it. I make them come pull me off, and because of Resil I do the totem faster than normal. If they ignore me their totem is gone, if they hit me or grab me they have to take my hook. They can't slug me, I will literally sit at that totem and get up until either it's gone or the killer takes my hook. When they do, the obsession takes the totem. It's lose-lose for the killer. If they slug me they will have to come back there EVERY time I get up, and I won't get up until I see them chase someone else or I know they are far away. I'll sit at 99% if they want to camp me slugged and their totem, but now the others can just gen rush. I force the killer to exchange a hook for a totem or lose the game because they wasted WAY too much time on me. Normal survivors can't exactly do that because they play to escape, so when the killer approaches them on a totem they don't want to take a hook because they aren't injured. But for NM guy, it doesn't matter, I'm dead anyway.

Post edited by thesuicidefox on
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@thesuicidefox said:

@Mister_Holdout said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Mister_Holdout said:

You don't understand what I'm doing though. I can make saves other players can't. I can force the killer to come get me. If you are an obsession I can take hits for you to save pallets/DS. Now the killer here wasn't very good. I have no doubt killers on PC are better, but when I'm playing to ensure my team survives it works as long as my teammates don't make mistake they get out. This guy wasn't a very good killer, evidenced by the fact of what his strategy was (camp/tunnel someone from the start of the game with LF). But I can do this to good killers and still pip, and give lots of chances to other survivors in the trial to stay alive.

The problem is survivors put on NM and play to escape. That's not how you use NM. You have to play like you are definitely going to die so you should do everything you can to make sure your team stays up. Does it work every game? No but I will usually still safety pip at least. It works you just have to not play like a normal survivor and try to escape. You have to play like a NM survivor and play like you are going to die any second.

I've also done stuff like get on a killers totem as they chase the obsession around it. I make them come pull me off, and because of Resil I do the totem faster than normal. If they ignore me their totem is gone, if they hit me or grab me they have to take my hook. They can't slug me, I will literally sit at that totem and get up until either it's gone or the killer takes my hook. When they do, the obsession takes the totem. It's lose-lose for the killer. If they slug me they will have to come back there EVERY time I get up, and I won't get up until I see them chase someone else or I know they are far away. I'll sit at 99% if they want to camp me slugged and their totem, but now the others can just gen rush. I force the killer to exchange a hook for a totem or lose the game because they wasted WAY too much time on me. Normal survivors can't exactly do that because they play to escape, so when the killer approaches them on a totem they don't want to take a hook because they aren't injured. But for NM guy, it doesn't matter, I'm dead anyway.

If i use no mither its for extra challange and to survive with it if i can. Not to intentionally die though.

• thesuicidefox
    edited August 2018

@pauloandrade22 said:
    If i use no mither its for extra challange and to survive with it if i can. Not to intentionally die though.

Not saying you can't do that, just saying if you do it with NM you are missing out on some of the reaons to use the perk.

If you play to survive and the killer just catches you in a normal chase, you die. So any time the killer finds you alone, or sees you while chasing a healthy survivor they WILL COME FOR YOU. You are the easy target, and you will go down easy. You can use DH to basically take a hit but that still doesn't stop the killer for coming after you when they see you. If you go down like this, killer ALWAYS takes your hook. They never slug you and you never get to use your NM.

But if you play to die, then you know to just do as much chase as you can until the killer catches you, and you know they will likely not want to chase you if they think they can get someone else. That means if you are near someone and they take a HIT you are basically free to do anything you want even right next to the killer. Even take a hit for the guy he is chasing. If they killer REALLY wants this guy they will ignore you, and if they hit you down and really want the guy they might slug you. If it's the obsession and the killer is in a position to waste their DS or get a hook they will REALLY want the guy. You can bodyblock the killer somewhere and not move, forcing them to lose BL and the obsession. Killer will get flustered you are stopping them and hit you, and almost definitely take your hook (but obsession keeps their DS and their hooks). If you time it right, they will swing at the obsession and hit you, which does the same thing but now killer feels like they have to keep chasing the obsession and when they do, NM can get up. I've been finding ways to get at least 1 guaranteed slug per game by taking hits like this when I know the killer really wants someone else. And because I play to die I can take that risk because it's my goal. Like I said, as long as I am alive long enough in a trial I can easily pip because I rush gens and hooks with my Resil/BT.

I'm like a timer for the killer. If they are chasing someone they know I'm on a gen or doing their totem. If someone has been hanging on a hook for a little while, they know I'm running straight to them from somewhere on the map. I can make dive plays that basically force the killer to kill me at the cost of letting everyone else escape. Just imagine if a killer's first 3 hooks were supposed to be on each other player, but instead of them killer got me 3 times. Now only 1 gen is left, they have 1 guy dead but everyone still has 3 hooks and a DS might still be in play. That's a loss for the killer, win for my team, and win for me as I've usually pipped by this point in the game.

Here's another clip: http://xboxclips.com/thesuicidefox/c715e081-3acf-4b10-ab52-b1f4909eb51f

Basically she chased me and had a chance to down the guy on the hook. She took it, but I slipped away and stayed close enough in case she had BBQ. Then I was trying to get into position when she hit the guy, so I try to get closer to the hook while slugged, I was going to 99 myself then stand up at the hook to avoid the trap, but then this happened. This would have been game over for any other survivor group, but NM guy can get up. Yea you could use Unbreakable, but that only let's you be a NM guy once, then it's gone. If I had just UB here I wouldn't have gone for that last save like I did. But as NM guy with BT/Resil I can make that save before she places a trap and save the obsession. Now truth be told that girl was not a good obsession. She got caught shortly after I was unhooked and died. I helped on the last 2 gens and died, not sure if both others got out but I'm pretty sure at least one got out. Had the obsession been a better play she wouldn't have gotten caught like that and the 3 of them would have gotten out, but that's her mistake not mine. Everyone has 3 chances in the game, and as NM guy playing to die I give my 3 away to other players. If they still mess up they die, but I can give them another chance to make those mistakes, my chance.

• Greater_Cultist
    Greater_Cultist Member Posts: 81

@thesuicidefox said:

ASK ME ANYTHING

Got to rank 1 using this build: No Mither, Resilience, and Borrowed Time. I call it the 'No Mither Fight Club' build. I'd swap around my last perk depending what I wanted to focus on that trial.

Did you gain depression from your horrible teammates?
    Did your teammates or the killer every give you the super salt?

• thesuicidefox
    edited August 2018

@Greater_Cultist said:
    Did you gain depression from your horrible teammates?
    Did your teammates or the killer every give you the super salt?

Sometimes other survivors (we aren't a team BTW) would be really confused why I let the killer take me, not realizing I do it so they can escape. If I died sometimes they would be like "why do you us NM it's so easy to die" and then I would explain to them it's my plan and they just can't understand it. Too many survivors have it ingrained in their minds that the only "winning" in the game as survivor is to escape. I was playing to do 2 gens (for someone to hatch), make 2 saves and 2 heals, and get in a chase as long as I could with the killer. If I did half of that before I died, then I got my safety. If I did it all before I died, I got a pip. That's a win.

Killers were never salty if they killed me. They would acknowledge that I screwed them out of someone else but they wouldn't honestly care that much. One Doc when I escaped and he got no one was upset he didn't kill us, we were doing 360's on him in the corn he really wasn't that great. After that game I decided to make my little rule because that game was quite unfair to that guy. But he got his karma because he got me and 2 others on the very next game where he was a Hag, so it worked out in the end.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited August 2018

Hard to pin do my exact music tastes. I'm a fan of Slipknot and Prodigy. Also like mellow stuff and electronic. I'm a fan of Deadmau5 and I listen to some hip-hop. But I'm not really into most "popular" music.

Fellow Slipknot fan (aka Maggot) here. 

Corey Taylor is my spirit animal and insipiration for singing and playing guitar.

What's your favorite Slipknot song?
  • SNTD
    SNTD Member Posts: 84

was it Painful to get to R1 with No mither?

• thesuicidefox

@SNTD said:
    was it Painful to get to R1 with No mither?

I died almost every game, but no. Most games were a safety pip playing how I was. If the rest of the survivors didn't make mistakes, then I would stay alive longer and if I stayed alive longer, the others had a higher chance to escape. You have to play very optimal and really understand what a killer is thinking though. If you don't play killer at higher ranks this survivor build is a lot harder.

• thesuicidefox
    edited August 2018

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    What's your favorite Slipknot song?

Sic is THE Slipknot song so that would have to be my favorite. Anything from Slipknot/Iowa. Most of Vol 3 is awesome, a few tracks are meh. I'm not a fan of AHIG, sorry Snuff is not a Slipknot song. Ch 5 was excellent return to form. Skeptic is my fav track from that one.