The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Would you recommend DBD in its current state to a friend?

Comments

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Not now. I changed my review to a negative until they fix matchmaking. I see this as the worst problem in DbD right now. If they can fix that, then I would 100% recommend it. It's a fun game at its core. Some things need addressed though before I'll switch that back to a recommend.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Not right now since matchmaking in rank 20.....

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

If they buy it per 10 euros I would only 1/2 of the game is relaxing and funny the other part is stressing.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited January 2020

Yes I would. No game is perfect.

And it’s a ton of fun.

• aurum_exe
    aurum_exe Member Posts: 182
    edited January 2020

In the past I have recommended it. In the state it is right now, not anymore. Too many bugs that get worse with each new update, server side latency-weirdnesses never experienced in any other online game. Inexistent hits through walls or at long distances and the list is full of other OMG stuff. Bugs usually are getting corrected every patch in all games. DbD it's the only online game I know that breaks stuff that was working perfectly at every new patch. I still playing it because, somehow, after 1800+ hours still entertaining, but i have to passively accept all its frustrating impefections, but i won't recommend it anymore.

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477
    edited January 2020

As much as I love the game and the developers behind it, it currently has way too many issues for me to recommend to someone and not feel bad about it. MAYBE I would consider recommending it for someone interested in playing survivor, but definetly not for someone who wants to play killer.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

I got this from ps+ but didn't start playing until roughly last year. I've had fun but no I would'nt recommend it.

Definitely not "new player friendly" plus it's grindy and matchmaking would just put them off.

I'm starting to take more breaks and returning to monster hunter and warframe.

• Ancille
    Ancille Member Posts: 37

No. I still play because I (for some unholy reason) still enjoy it. I wouldn't recommend anyone new to start playing.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I never recommend anything, so probably not.

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251

If I'm correct we're getting at least 4 for year 4. We already got Cursed Legacy and in April we'll get another chapter 3 months after that in July we might see another one and the cycle continues until year 4 is over but I'd agree that they need to focus on balence

• Dythos
    Dythos Member Posts: 46

No. It's hard enough to keep my current friends that still play from quitting.

The community is terrible (though could be said any any online community), but it's also a huge grind at the start to get a usable set of perks for either side.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Unfortunately, I wouldn't. I want them to have an enjoyable experience.

• cacao1
    cacao1 Member Posts: 89

It doesnt matter when to recommend! This game will never be perfect or balanced. So do it now or do it never.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited January 2020
  • AlecSander
    AlecSander Member Posts: 67

I like this thread.Hopefully it’ll open the devs eyes as to how bad of a state their game is in.Listening to how many people actively warn others to not play the game.Probably not though.

To answer the question:no,absolutely not.

• kld3169
    kld3169 Member Posts: 101

Of course I would. Who am I to determine what they would enjoy? Personally, I shouldn't recommend or "Not recommend" anything at all. Let the individual try it themselves. I'll tell them how I feel about it personally - but that's it. Now, being a new player I am still having fun with this game, but even if it wears on me I won't tell someone to not try it.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

HELL NO

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

No i would not.

And i mostly play Survivor.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

At the current state no

It's horrible for new players since the grinding doesn't seem to get easier when new dlcs keep coming out but the grind remains the same

It's horrible for new survivors and killers since it punishes for trying to learn and doesn't give you an explenation on why you losing unless you search it yourself

• EZ5k
    EZ5k Member Posts: 233

Depends on if I'm being held at gunpoint, if so yes, if not, absolutely not

• anothernursemain
    anothernursemain Member Posts: 16

No broken rank system, toxic players, insanely high Grind to unlock perks, awful map design. I think if they fixed the rank system and at least tried to fix map design then maybe

• BigClap
    BigClap Member Posts: 4

I don't know. Whenever i get on and there's a RANK reset im put to rank 20 because I don't play a lot. But i'll be put into a game with green ranks. And it sucks. So at the moment no. If they were to fix that issue then maybe

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

Hell no, I don't promote the game to anyone anymore

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i would definitely recommend it.

though that recommendation would come with the warning, that the game can be very frustrating at times and that they shouldnt overdo it.

take it slow and see if they like it.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

You know at least half of that is due to the extreme killer nerfs right?

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Only to friends with patience and high tolerance for frustration, not because "imbalance" "killer is so weak pls buff" "survivor is so weak pls buff" but because the comunity is rather childish and a lot of them act like spoiled brats.

Some people dont play to have fun, they play to ruin others fun.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

no. most of my friends who have the game have stopped playing it, and the ones in my circle right now who don't know full well how toxic and how bad the game will get once they reach a certain experience curve.

if they're in to play survivor then I'd say okay maybe you can try it out, theres enough free stuff in the game for you to try out. but if they actually want to play both sides i'll let them know that bhvr makes a lot of nonsensical changes that don't seem obvious now but once you play longer than most of the developers do you'll see by what the community means and have you pulling your hairs screaming at the monitor at 2 in the morning.

• RipperShark
    RipperShark Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2020

I started playing last August. I had a lot of trouble at the time with the matchmaker matching me, as a very low rank Killer, with red rank SWF teams. I waiting until they "fixed it" and came back around October for the event.

Played through the first tome thing. Either I got burned out grinding, or the matchmaker was flaking again, I forget which. I left again.

I am now back, and reading the forums I see that the matchmaker is once again doing the same thing, only possibly worse this time.

The matchmaker is a deal breaker for me. Combine that with how grindy it is to unlock perks, and how badly you are disadvantaged with crappy or no perks until you can unlock them, and I just can't recommend the game to anyone.

It's like there is a fun game in there somewhere, but it is buried underneath all of these frustrating layers. At least, that is how I found the game as a new Killer player.

Post edited by RipperShark on
  • Kongtwenty12
    Kongtwenty12 Member Posts: 140

I would an do recommend this game to a lot of people but I also warn them before they get it that there are a lot of problems that are slowly being worked out and a very toxic community. But to be fair whenever dbd is on sale I tend to buy it for my friends. I've bought dbd about 10 or 11 times at this point

• olla929
    olla929 Member Posts: 2

No chance in hell. This game is far to toxic and sweaty. If your just trying to enjoy the game the q times are horrendous for survivor on ps4. I'm a killer main and I've been struggling just to keep playing I play one game and I just turn it off after. No point in playing no reward system for playing. Emblems are a joke just like MM. But I can't bring myself to uninstall.... Yet

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

No

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

It's strange. I've spend over 2.5k hours in this game, but for over a year I would answer this question with a clear "No, I wouldn't recommend it".

I think, it's the hate-love relationship we build up over time with this game. It has such a good core game experience. Truelly one of it's kind. But besides that, I think it's way to addictive and kinda a bad game.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

A big nope!

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264
    edited January 2020

I couldn't honestly recommend it, too unbalanced and quick with no susoance. I recommended it before and would happily restart to if devs take the situation in hand and actually do something to make the game good again.

In this state, it is condemned to die,imo.

Post edited by kurgan8282 on
  • BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Nope. I've actively told people who asked me if they should buy the game not to, as the developers don't know what they're doing. I said I'd let them know if the developers pull their heads out of their butts, but until then, I shoo'd them away from the potential sunk cost fallacy that this game has become.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Yeah, why not. Well, if they can get over the tremendous lobby wait times.

Free PS4 weekend should attract new players to DBD in order to make matchmaking less bad.

• TheDoctorMain
    TheDoctorMain Member Posts: 14

I am afraid I'll have to give a no for an answer.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,051

Oh hell no.

• xnicolay
    xnicolay Member Posts: 70

Nope, current state is so boring.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

No, lol

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

Lol no. I'd recommend they play Last Year or wait for Resistance. Unless they plan to be a survivor main only, then sure I would recommend it. Along with a Netflix subscription for those queue times.

• NEVELEVEN11
    NEVELEVEN11 Member Posts: 141

Idk. It seems matches are going by too quickly these days. Did they alter the gen repair speed? The whole purpose of the game is to create a thrilling experience. If theyre fixing gens every minute its too easy

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

Yes. The only time I wouldn't recommend it was during the 5-6 months of pallet vacuum.

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

They still charge money for the base game. Ridiculous.

If BHVR doesn't get their [Bad Word] together, then of course not.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Really hope the devs are paying attention to this...

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I wouldn't even recommend it to my enemy.