What happens now?

So since killers are getting ran into the ground with every nerf, what's gonna happen now? Will there be something that was once considered to be trash is now going to be ideal on killer kit? Like Thanatophobia, I personally don't consider it the best perk but since almost every great killer perk is nerfed into the ground, Thanatophobia seems to be good paired with Plague, who's like high B tier or low A tier I think, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Answers

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

"So since killers are getting ran into the ground with every nerf, what's gonna happen now?"

And forgets the tons of Buffs Killers received and all the Nerfs Survivors got...

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

The ruin change was good, because if an entire match revolves around 1 perk then something is wrong.

But it should not stand on its own, it should not be replaced by another perk to then completely rely on.

The gameplay itself needs to be adjusted to grant killers more time and honestly, that is pretty easy to do and MANY suggestions have been made.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

We all become survivors so we can all have 'fun'

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

We use NOED and slugging perks.

• pichumudkip
    pichumudkip Member Posts: 155

Killers have gotten crap ton more and worse nerfs. Most nerfs survivors got were heavily needed like BL. Now, survivors can escape with relative ease instead of all survivors on a gen and not hiding in lockers.

• DalauanDivine
    DalauanDivine Member Posts: 126

Cawd died for our sins

• pichumudkip

It wouldn't revolve around 1 perk though... You can pair up Ruin with Overcharge and Pop Goes the Weasel.

• Throckmorton
    Throckmorton Member Posts: 27

What I did was buy some shares in Kleenex since bad players are crying their eyes out on the forums.

• Throckmorton
    Throckmorton Member Posts: 27

Remember to use Kleenex brand tissues for your tears. :)

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

People are allowed to be upset. They are allowed to voice their complaints.

People are upset because they feel like they are not being listened to, which is kinda fair. The perk allowed a lot of lower tier Killers to have a chance at winning by allowing them to have a chance to get pressure. That is gone now, and there have been no buffs to compensate.

Killers are not having fun, and the queue times show that.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

Glad you asked! Here’s what’ll happen.

Killers will have all abilities removed, as well as the ability to attack survivors. From now on they will only pop from the ground for jump scares. The new objective for the survivors is to do generators as fast as possible. There will be leaderboards and blood points will be awarded to the highest survivors when ranks are reset.

This will be called “Alive by Daylight: Generator Edition”

In all seriousness, ruin going down is NOT the end of the world. Honestly, I am having more fun without it than when I actually used it. Makes games more interesting for me.

• pichumudkip

You do realize that the more one side gets nerfed into the ground, the more the game is going to be less fun for both sides. I'm a survivor main and I rarely play killer but I want killers to not be nerfed into the ground cause playing against a good killer with good perks is challenging and fun af. But sure yeah, I'll use some Kleenex to clean my "tears"

• EZ5k
    EZ5k Member Posts: 233

You uninstall and stop recommending the game. having been in McClane's discord, the "Feedback" group they surround themselves with are yes men. the only thing that'll get through to them is massive drop offs in player count. With the upcoming nerf list of all slowdown synergies, they just tipped their hand that they don't actually care about the killer base and that the second you click "play as killer", you become worth less than the dirt their HQ is built on.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Depends on your playstyle. If you want to get a clean 4k, then yeah you'll get gen rushed. But if you're fine with switching targets and applying general map pressure instead of tunneling, then killers are still fine.

You'll rarely get 4ks but 2-3 kills are usually pretty realistic on this patch. Just don't waste time on long chases and use discordance/bitter murmur to track.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

yawn

• Ghostface
    • Hags massive buff
    • Freddy rework
    • Doctor update
    • Surveillance buff
    • PGTW removing 25% across all tiers
    • efficiency decrease when 2 or more survivors are working on gens
    • Insta heal nerf
    • DS nerf and BL nerf amongst other survivor nerfs
    • The recent Oni buff that made him get his flick back

And i am just mentioned the ones I can recall off the top of my head that have happened in my year of so of playtime, killers had it way worse in the past

"B-but BHVR is catering too much to those evil survivors mains ;_;"

Or maybe you can not adapt and just want free, unskilful games?

• ReallyBigShoe
    ReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764

The difference between survivor nerfs and killer nerfs is that when something is nerfed on the survivor side (barring actual broken things like instaheals and BNPs), the core functionality remains the same. Usually when killer things are nerfed, they are reworked to a point of being unrecognizable.

Your entire post is voided by how the 3.5.0 patch notes are worded. Everything was done to make it easier for survivors.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

You read what you want to read, I just listed a bunch of buffs killer have gotten in the last year or so.

• pichumudkip

I mean you also forgot NOED Buff and I do see where you're coming from but at the same time

So onto what you said:

Ghostface- Literally was easier to get him out of his stealth mode than escaping against a Trapper or a Leatherface (two pretty weak killers in my opinion) so they fixed that and that's the only real major thing about him. He's probably A tier at best.

Hag- Poor Mobility and had kinda poor pressure, her traps were weaker than Trapper's due to the fact that you can avoid them by crouching (use UE) or destroy them with a flashlight which majority of survivors use (also flashlights need a slight Nerf at least, nothing major just slightly)

Freddy- Was literally the absolute worst killer in DBD until this rework happen. Now he's fun to play, and fun to play against too, he's not too bad (probably low A tier) and he's not too strong like Billy.

Surveillance(TLDR: still not the best perk)- Was a pretty horrible perk originally, and even then, it's still not the most ideal perk. Yeah all gens are immediate highlighted but think of it this way- all 4 survivors on different gens, the killer is gonna have to pick one of them and depending on the map and killer, these chases are gonna be lasting a while and a few gens will be done. Surveillance also sucks against SWF since you can essentially trick the killer by having 2 people with premonition or blood amber on a key, one person on a gen across the map and the other on the opposite side, if one of them knows the killer is nearby or sees the killer, they can just tell their friends to go to the other gen and when they killer gets to said gen, the other person with an alerting perk or item will tell the others ahead of time and can be long gone (depending on killer) and basically repeat the process. The only few times surveillance could be good is when it's a small map or paired with Corrupt Intervention.

PGTW- Works when someone gets hooked and even then, A. Other gens and other players B. ToolBoxes C. Perks such as Prove Thyself and Leader (yes I know how not ideal these perks are I'm a survivor main) will basically help get the gen back to its original progress in little time if you have people working on the same gen.

2+ Survivors on 1 Gen- Basically gens are kinda quick, most cases, a few gens could be finished in less than a minute paired with right perks. Honestly I don't know why you think this is such an inconvenience, this is well needed. Toolboxes basically nearly negate the affect entirely.

Instant Heal Nerf?- This one is iffy, they could of been more lenient on the Nerf but it's still well needed. Think of it this way, you chase a survivor for like 5 minutes, you knock them down, and another survivor comes by with instant heal, that's another 5+ minutes to a chase. They were BROKEN and now they're not the absolute worst but they're eh. The Styptic Agent isn't too bad, it's basically kinda 1 time budget BT. The Anti Hemorrhagic syringe got absolutely butchered so I see why you included it, but like mentioned earlier, it was very well needed, but I do believe they could of reduced the time needed by like 3 seconds or so.

DS Nerf- Now I personally never ran this perk, but it's kinda a crutch do or die perk. Refer back to the instant heal scenario, except they stun you when you pick them up, paired with right perks and map, it could create another long chase for the killer to the point that most of the gens (if not all) should be done if you have teammates with a brain. I honestly don't have an argument for this since of my underusage of the perk, but I think it's kinda common sense why it got nerfed.

BL Nerf- 1 word: I N F I N I T E S. Honestly have clue why you decided to bring up BL since it very desperately needed this Nerf very, very badly. It can create infinites especially on Haddonfield, and even with this Nerf, it's still not too shabby.

Just gonna bring up BT real quick- Yes this Nerf is easily exploitable for killers especially with Ghostface so the devs could probably look into that, however it was needed especially since depending on the kind of map and perks survivors have, and I know I'm overusing this argument, the chases could last for a good while and when the chase is finally over and you manage to get to the hook, congratulations! Another survivor was waiting and immediately unhooks them and tea bags in front of you, that basically another whole chase since you have to hit them TWICE. Even instant downs don't work against them, like Billy's chainsaw or Oni's dash attack, so that means you actually have to smack the survivor twice if you decide to go for said survivor you hooked.

Now as for Oni- No opinion. I don't know too much about Oni nor do I even have him so yeah. All you need to know- Billy is the bigger threat.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I'm using the anti-heal GF build (not tru3's m1face though) and that works pretty well since potato survivors still bring self care in. Surge and Thrilling Tremors are also pretty fun to use.

• pichumudkip

Uh don't mind me being a potato survivor who brings in not only just Self-Care but whatever Nancy's perk is.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
  • pichumudkip

Official Petition to change Inner Strength's name to Nancy's Perk!

• AStupidDavid
    AStupidDavid Member Posts: 156
    edited January 2020

To be fair, survivors needed more nerfs than killers, like honestly they used to be stupidly strong back in the day with the infinites and the pallets around almost every damn corner...

• pichumudkip

I totally didn't see your unedited comment. But both people aren't completely wrong. I guess it could be based off opinion at this point

• AStupidDavid
    AStupidDavid Member Posts: 156
    edited January 2020

I misspelled a word lol jk just forget it, I misunderstood another comment

And no, I'm not wrong buddy go check some killer gameplay from 2016 and you'll see why survivors had to be nerfed more than killers. There where literally spots in certain maps where the killer couldn't catch you and the entity didn't block those spots either so you were pretty much forced to give up on survivors as the killer...

• Bigbootiejudy666
    Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 407

We always adapt, nothing new, nothing changed, the same old #########

• pichumudkip

Oh no I completely agree with you. But at the same time, killers needed a few nerfs, but nope they got nerfed into the ground so ya.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

False equivalency fallacy:

False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which two incompatible arguments appear to be logically equivalent when in fact they are not. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency.

Killer nerfs tend to have more of an impact on the game then survivor's as most if not all survivor nerfs were optional addons/Map spawns.

While killer nerfs are unavoidable if you'd want to play the killer as they are non optional for the most part Ex: While nurse addon nerfs is the equal to instant heals her base kit nerfs is not.