killer buffs since ruin is no more

so first off the killers actions should always be prioritized over survivor actions. such as gen kicking, picking up survivors, and hooking survivors. so if survivors are doing other actions such as repairing the gens or healing a down survivor in the killers face. then the killer can just ignore their action and interrupt the survivors action with their own action they wanted to do such as pick up the survivor or kick the gen. this will allow the killer to not get cheesed out of a kill just because another survivor was in their way.

secondly god loops and 100% safe pallets need to be removed. every loop or pallet should have something to play around such as mind-games and tricks. without the need of completely avoiding or needed to break a pallet. you should be able as killer to face the loop and have counter-play to it instead of needing to give up on a survivor just because their is no way to get the survivor or to counter the loop.

thirdly either large maps need to be smaller with closer gen and door placements. or all killers (but nurse) are faster in their base speed by 5%. if the maps get smaller with easier to patrol gens and doors any killer could slow down the game without a gen popping before you could even get to it. this also will make survivors constantly near the killer making them have a high chance of having more interactions with the killer. on the other hand if you increased the speed of all killers (but nurse) by 5%. then slow killers will now be normal killer speed such as hag huntress while normal speed killers will now be faster making loops shorter and patrolling quicker.

Comments

• tony42545
    tony42545 Member Posts: 89

so god loops and 100% safe pallets are fine? and a gen popping before you could even get to the other side of the map is fine? and the fact that gen speed is way to fast and makes games go by in seconds is fine? but increasing the base killer movement speed to patrol these things and end chase faster is just a silly idea? also everyone has bad games but once the survivors realized that they are equally powerful to the killer then every game just going to be nurse, billy, or spirit. because their the only killers that can counter gen speed by being fast themselves since they can travel the map fast and down survivors fast.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

I cannot take people serious who ask for Movement Speed increase. The reason why NOED is strong is not only the Insta Down, but also those 4% Extra Movement Speed which make a lot of Loops obsolete. And you dont need to know how to mindgame with 4% Extra Movement Speed, let alone 5% more MS by default.

Also there is a reason why it is so clunky to get Stacks with PWYF and why you lose them so easily - the Perk has to be somewhat weak, because you cannot mess too much with Movement Speed.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    edited January 2020

I think the solution really lies more in what has been suggested for a while, have the survivors do more.

Ruin was there to do one thing, buy the killer more time, which was more important for some killers (trapper) then others (nurse) but important enough that a LARGE part of the killer base use it.

Now that that is sorta gone, we need some inherent gameplay change that adds just that, a bit of time for killers.

And remember, more objectives also means more points for survivors, which I think they will welcome.

Heck i know it makes little sense, but if a survivor would get points, lets say 2500 bp of so for a spectacular death (aka getting mori'd) then I think a lot less survivors would oppose it that much.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    edited January 2020

Or you could take the advice from the devs.

• Accept you will lose 2 gens immediately
    • Watch the best streamers, as this will give you the skill they have
    • Git Gud
    • Play something else
  • Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

Getting better may help, gens popping is annoying but dude....

You cannot get better by WATCHING steamers skill is per person not "if i copy this guy i can get better"

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Do you think when they made this game they ever imagined the objectives would get done so fast that one can pop a few gens in under a minute? I don't think so. They've changed a lot over time but the objective has more or less stayed the same. And it's a terrible one.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Killers are not entitled to 4Ks each game.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    edited January 2020

Heal tech doesn't need to be removed, you need to kill survivors before they are at the edge of the exit gates.

• tony42545

not just heal tech hatch close, 99 gens, and doc zaps cause for some reason you could zap a survivor and they will still vault the window might be a bug but it shouldn't exist

• TDR
    TDR Member Posts: 30

Maps really need to be changed. I hate playing on Haddonfield. Hard map for me.

Now after the first chase, 100% 1 generator will already be done.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I agree with your second and third point regarding maps. Increasing movement speed of killers wouldn't work though, since the game is balanced around the current movement speed of killers.

The devs have said they know we want smaller maps, and they favor those too. Which is good. I guess they are also still planning on reworking more maps in the future, they wanted to give maps more mindgameable pallets and less safe ones, which is also really good. I do think maps should still have a few safe pallets though.

Maps are the biggest balance problem at the moment. Those and maybe the balancing of the individual killers. I hope they find a good balance between buffing weak killers and making unbalanced maps fairer for killer.

• tony42545

thank you. i like how you express your opinion and don't disregard my ideas and thoughts as "silly"

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Of course a map still should have a few safe pallets, but not nearly as many as a lot of the maps have right now. More pallets should be mindgameable, and less safe.

• Colton147

Hawkins is very killer-sided.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196
    edited January 2020

Killers are entitled to a fair, balanced game. Unfortunately this isn't the case.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

That dude posts that exact same thing in numerous threads. Best not to reply.

• Colton147

I'm too lazy to write anything different. 😎

• tony42545

yes but that doesn't mean that everything is in the killers side in fact their are strong pallets and windows on that map that you can find that can allow you to run the killer for a while then you can combo those with the unsafe pallets and continue to switch between loops and you could buy enough time for at least 3 gens making it pretty difficult for killers