I'm trying so hard

Options

I have come back to this game a few weeks after being off, and have been playing killer now after the ruin change. Oh my god I have never noticed it so much before. I am usually about rank 6 playing rank 2-10s and now im at rank 11 facing 6-14s and I have never felt like such a sweaty tryhard. I usually play nurse or huntress, and now with the ruin changes I swear I have to try really hard. I noticed after a game how intently I was playing and that for once I wasnt sat somewhat back and had music playing because how much harder I am trying to win compared to then. Does any other killer feel like they have been having to try WAY harder since this last patch? IDK if it is just bad luck or what, but I am not having a second to relax before like I used to.

Comments

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

I personally never played with ruin that much so this change hasn't affected me in any way. However, playing killer does require twice the effort than survivor because it is 1 vs. 4. The issue for me are the map sizes. My favorite killers are Trapper and Clown. Due to the map sizes, I cannot make it to the other side of the map on time to pressure survivors working on generators. The pipping system I feel is also more harsh to actually rank up as killer, especially when you have factors outside of your control that can screw you over like someone looting a key off a chest.

• camman0000
    camman0000 Member Posts: 35
    Options

Yea, I guess its just dependant on maps and some luck really. I feel like I lose when ONE chase takes too long, not even the first.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Also god forbid you get so much as one kill

"You suck, imagine being so bad you have to ____, lol tunneling/camping/whatever other thing probably didn't happen noob. You should die, I hope I can get your IP address so I can find and kill you IRL. What a loser, you should get cancer. Lol u so bad lolololol trash killer, baby killer......"

I don't see how anyone could find the role relaxing, it's frustrating and difficult, and no matter if you do well or bad everyone trashes on you postgame if you make the mistake of forgetting to close chat.

• camman0000
    camman0000 Member Posts: 35
    Options

Yea, 1v4 makes this game so much harder when you have gens that are so quickly done and you get into a chase with one good survivor so you constantly either have to chase them and lose, or leave them, waste time, and maybe catch a weak link to tunnel so you can have a manageable time. I have been starting to slug and tunnel and camp way more and even then, 2 gens in 80 seconds or 1 in 50 while i chase a third still isnt slow.

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83
    Options

But in the end it doesnt even maaatteeer