The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is the game dying on PS4?

YokaiPhaseshift
YokaiPhaseshift Member Posts: 99
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

I play casually, mid ranks, sometimes alone, sometimes with two of my friends who are lower ranked than me. We have a lot of fun playing together, and we don't get super competitive about it. Not a big deal if we win or lose, I just enjoy the game loop.

There have been bad days before playing this game where Q times are long, but the last few times I've tried to play this game the Qs are ridiculous. I've tried playing solo and with my friends, and it has taken us up to an hour to get into AND complete and single game. For starters, we are sitting in Q for 10-20 minutes, and then more often than not, the killer disconnect seconds after we join their lobby. Then we are waiting again...and then sometimes we finally do get into a match, and it immediately disconnects because the killer or another survivor DCed.

I really want to play this game, especially with the release of the new rift (multiple cool items and outfits for my fave survivor), but oftentimes I can only play this game for an hour, maybe two at a time, and when I only get a single complete game out of a play session, it just doesn't seem worth it.

UPDATE: As of 1/25, the queue times seem to be back to normal, still averaging around 5 minutes, but much faster than before.

Post edited by YokaiPhaseshift on

Comments

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Matchmaking is a mess right now and the devs are looking into it. We should be getting info about it soon.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

How long are your killer queues?

• YokaiPhaseshift

I haven't checked, to be honest. I try playing killer from time to time, but I don't find it as fun b/c it's a bit too competitive for me.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Idk about ps4 but I've never had Q times on Xbox and that's all solo from rank 20-4 \_O.O_/

• krzak95
    krzak95 Member Posts: 11

Playing on xbox,red rank and mostly i wait 3-5 mins,so its bad but not tragedy

• FrankSRfromIT
    FrankSRfromIT Member Posts: 59

I wait about 2 minutes max as Killer. When I go to Survivor it takes so long I go back to Killer. The rituals are not worth the wait. I don't think there is enough killers, I am getting matched up against 8-10's as a 17 killer.

• YokaiPhaseshift

I'm thinking that might be the case too. I don't mind waiting 3-5 minutes for a game, that's pretty typical, I just feel like I'm wasting so much time sitting around for upwards of 20 minutes just to connect to a single killer. Maybe I've just been really unlucky for the past couple weeks.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

I play survivor during the day with 1-2 minute wait times, but the wait for killer is 10-15 minutes. At night it's reversed and easier to find killer games.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

yes. the death of ruin has worsened it a great deal. killers are leaving much faster than before, hence the steadily increasing queue times for survivors at all ranks.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Survivor was way more popular than killer on PS4 before the nerfs. I actually thought Dedicated Servers would speed things up but it hasn’t.

I do prefer killer so this works for me but I remember streamers complaining about killer queues on PC and that never seemed to be true for me.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

My goal is to play 3 rounds of survivor tonight around 9EST / PS4 / R13. Someone recently used their phone stopwatch to time all this. Great idea. I'll do the same and see what results I come up.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Waiting for those changes BHVR talked 'bout

• magpiejay
    magpiejay Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2020

While survivor takes too long to find a game, meaning i will only play killer.

Killer has got progressively less fun, to the point of a chore. (How are you meant to get 12 hooked survivors in 4 minutes? Especially when they can body block and hide under hooks without taking a hit.)

By design, some of the most fun killers take time to escalate their power.

By design, time has been taken away from them.

My DBD days are almost up.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 675

I’m PS4 UK and also have the experience of instant killer games, but 5-10 minutes plus at least for survivor.

I was a daily player of both sides but I took a break over Xmas because of issues with the game and after some of the dev communication, I found it extremely difficult to want to pick the game back up so am now unfortunately another person who isn’t playing killer anymore which only adds to the problem.

It seems from the forum that other people are having similar experiences also.

• Liquid0810
    Liquid0810 Member Posts: 7

I have to agree with this killer que is defintely instant and survivor games 5-10 min with the night time being more of a longer wait. Not sure why you getting 1hr Qs on ps4 but not for me.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580

Lately I play killer exclusively on ps4 in UK due to queue times. Takes around 10 seconds to find a game as killer, I have to sort my build out before I search as there isn't enough time lol.

As a survivor it takes roughly 10 minutes which I don't have the patience for even though I would like to play survivor.

It is getting harder to play the game and I am considering taking a break from it once I unlock all the perks for killers.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Everyone is playing survivor on ps4. Play killer and you'll get an instant lobby.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379

Im honestly dreading doing the Survivor challenges for the tome solely because the queue times are ridiculously long. :(

• Every1poops
    Every1poops Member Posts: 63

PS4 needs more killers. I'm at red ranks and im getting paired with rank 14 killers all the time. It must be so fun for newer killers to get stomped like that.

• DragonOfPain
    DragonOfPain Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2020

The devs will never get the problem about Queue time.. Because there are less Killers now ever than before.. And you guys still wonder if the devs can fix queue time on the survivor side? Lol.. The Devs don't even play their game.. So How will they fix their game?

• DragonOfPain
    DragonOfPain Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2020

I couldn't agree more on this post.. And what did the devs mentioned on the Q & A? 5 More buffs on Survivor's perk while they'll be nerfing Thana, PGTW and Butcher.. That's how delusional these devs are.. And when someone ask when will they fix the gen speed, they said they won't and only nerf the toolboxes.. These are the Devs you have.. And all they care are survivors having fun while killers are treated like trash.. And again you got a lot of self-proclaimed killers here posting "I can get 2Ks-4Ks without ruin". Seriously no one cares about your opinion. Because first of all you can't prove your claims without showing your streams or videos.. If you ask me if I have a video of my Rank 1, Just tell me and I'll post my youtube account so you could check my proof.. Again, The Devs are delusional and have no idea what their talking about.. Hope Capcom destroys this game when RE3 + Resistance is out... It's about time..

• WhTe_Tygre_DBD
    WhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295

Also on xbox

• Some_Dood64
    Some_Dood64 Member Posts: 122

It's half because of people not playing as much killer, and half because the servers are ######### at finding similarly ranked peeps, so eventually they just give up and mash random ranks together.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

Playstation player here.

I was a killer main but siwtched over to survivor then i switched over to not playing at all. Been playing smash brothers on switch with my kids on my downtime.

Cosmetic rift pass simulator is not my cup of tea and the focus the devs are on i can't agree or support.

They might as well as just add bots at this point lol after reading they plan to nerf more of the slowdown perks and see no problem with gen speeds just screams they have no clue.

Hell you got survivors begging for killers to not lobby dodge on here and over on fb groups they are begging other mains to give killer a try to shorten the wait times hahahahaha.

I called this bs and find this to be karma to those players who did not see the need to let the killer side to be able to have fun like they do.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580
    edited January 2020

You joke but Bots may very well be the future of the game.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

Not a joke and i hope they are.

Survivors want an easy match everygame.

• WhoElseButGonzo
    WhoElseButGonzo Member Posts: 5

I queue almost instantly, no more than 30 seconds. And I am currently rank 3.

I'm about a rank 13 as survivor and when I solo queue I physically cannot get into a game I refuse to wait any longer than five minutes to find a game then I leave

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

I'm rank 18 as killer. My queues are long during the day but instant in the evening when more people are playing.

I'm rank 16 as survivor. My queues are instant during the day but long in the evening.

In my region on PS4, it's always seemed that as the number of players increases, the number playing survivor increases at a much greater rate than the number playing killer.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Pretty much the same for me. I think it's a combination of people being upset about Ruin, there being more survivor challenges then killer for the new rift, and match making itself being a mess.

• FlanGodFlame
    FlanGodFlame Member Posts: 37

Its just poor matchmaking right now. Im only having to wait 4 or 5 minutes for a match but I'm kinda doing other things while waiting for a match so i never really notice the times

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

The framerate is still really bad, Im not suprised if people are quitting the game

• Toastyy
    Toastyy Member Posts: 226

Killer queue’s are about 10 to 15 seconds, survivor queues’s are 15 minutes to 30 minutes.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,707

I'm actually getting into games really quick as survivor this morning. Killer games are taking a couple minutes though.

In red ranks as both. Can't really say if the game is dying or not with ranks being screwed up atm but for me, I've been getting in games pretty quick.