Doctor Build

DBDG
DBDG Member Posts: 5
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

Just recently started playing the Doctor and was looking for some advice in regards to perks/add-ons. I have access to a variety of perks from other killers such as BBQ & Chili, Tremors, etc. I feel Distressing is a must have due to the increase in terror radius, what are some others that would be beneficial? Thanks!

Edit: What are some popular counters to be aware of as well?

Post edited by DBDG on

Comments

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

usually with doctor running perks like unnerving presence or huntress lullaby and junk like that work well with the misplaced skillchecks

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,938

I use Pop goes the Weasel, Dark Devotion, Whispers and Corrupt Intervention.

Pop and Corrupt basically for gen slowdown.

Whispers to know when to use Static Blast to excactly know where Survivor's are.

Dark Devotion is more of an gimmick one. I like it when I hit my Obsession, they run map wide and then I use my Static Blast to see everybody scream on the other side of the map. It's pretty satisfying, also you can get some gen grabs with no Terror -Radius.

As Addons I use Order and Restraint. Order guarantees a Tier 2 Madness with one Static Blast and Restraint shows Survivor's Auras for a bit when their Madness increases and it let's you track better since the Illusionary Doctor's will stay for longer. It's good for tracking.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Distressing, combined with Calm Add-ons, along with Thrilling Tremors and Ruin. Knock a survivor down, Static Blast, then thanks to the huge TR you will have, it will knock all survivors off Gens in a large radious, then quickly pick the Survivor up and boom. Regressing Gens are now locked. It's a cheese build for sure, but it can prove effective.

Another is Distressing, combined with Iridescent King and Queen. Static Blast will cause a random Add-On effect, and a Static shock from survivor to survivor will add another. A good way to get multiple effects onto a survivor without shocking them, and has hilarious results, such as Survivors who think the TR is close and drop pallets randomly.

• DBDG

Interesting...I do not have Dark Devotion but that sounds like a fun build

• Xerge
    Xerge Member Posts: 928

Whispers is really good.

• DBDG
    edited January 2020

Thanks all

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Kinda of a necro but ok I guess.

I use BBQ, Distressing, Unnerving Presence, and Overcharge with Iridescent King and Queen.

• I run BBQ on all of my Killers. Good aura reading plus double BP every game.
    • Distressing increases your Terror Radius by 8 meters. Since your Static Blast is connected to your TR, it will be able to cover 40 meters instead of just 32. If you don't see anyone on BBQ, you can just use a Static Blast and chances are you'll find a Survivor hiding nearby.
    • Unnerving Presence has synergy with Distressing because it affects skill checks in the TR and Overcharge because of how small the skill check it.
    • Overcharge has synergy with Unnerving and Distressing because the skill check is affected by Unnerving and the bigger TR from Distressing means that it's easier for Survivors to trigger the Unnerving+Overcharge combo.
    • Iridescent King allows you to apply all of the afflictions after using Shock Therapy or Static Blast five times. It's about to get buffed to where one shock apply all afflictions
    • Iridescent Queen applies a Static Charge to the Survivor. When they run into another Survivor, that Survivor receives a shock that is identical to a Shock Therapy. Helps in spreading Madness and locating Survivors.
    • The electrode add-ons are about to be buffed to where they don't decrease your shock charge speed, meaning you can have a long shock without having a slower charge speed. His base range is really short so if you want to use an electrode instead of the Iridescent add-ons, you can.
  • Mr_kodeo
    Mr_kodeo Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2020

I'm a doctor main, and I have two builds I usually run. Distressing is a must have for obvious reasons.

Build1: distressing, BBQ, overcharge and bamboozle. This is a fairly balanced build, BBQ is just to help find survivors so you can save your static blast for when you really need (losing a survivor in a chase) overcharge is just to regress gens a bit and bamboozle is to prevent vault loops if your shock therapy doesnt work.

Build2: distressing, nurses calling, sloppy butcher and coulrophobia/corrupt intervention. This build focuses mainly on preventing survivors from healing, and if you want you can swap coulrophobia for corrupt intervention, so you have some time at the start if the game to look for survivors.

I also recommend using the calm or electrode add ins.

• KurtKobainFreak01
    KurtKobainFreak01 Member Posts: 38

Overcharge, Pop, Unnerving presence distressing

Add ons: Obedience and discipline

I use this build a lot and its really fun.

• KayK99
    KayK99 Member Posts: 94

Huntress Lullaby, Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Overcharge on The Game

Impossible Skill Check Doctor 👍🏻

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

King got improved. You have all effects now, depending on the madness tier you are currently in

This discussion has been closed.